Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are the odds of seeing a proper mobile version of Propellerheads Reason in the near future?

Allready posted this in the 'Rebirth thread' but thought that my thoughts could start a new interesting discussion.

I find the last part of the following quote very interesting, : "" On June 1st, we'll be retiring ReBirth for iPhone from the App store, to better focus our mobile music making offering."

Although Figure is a nice little app, I have to admit I was disappointed when it was released, since I had hoped for Propellerhead to release a proper mobile version of Reason. With their latest move, that is retiring Rebirth for iPhone to focus on their mobile music making offering, I can't help but think that Figure may have been a well planned reconnaisance flight over The land of IOS. Am I the only one who still thinks that a serious mobile version of Reason is in the making, or is this just idle hope? I really think that Propellerhead have the expertise and vision to create a mobile version of Reason that could take the IOS music app market by storm. I'm anxiously awaiting summer Namm '13 ;) Any comments?

Comments

• edited May 2013

I would love to! I use Reason since its first version and its one of the main apps here in my studio. But I guess It's difficult for the iPad in its actual state to handle something like Reason as it is today. Anyway, some separate apps for its instrument modules would be nice and I see no problem for the system to handle that. I love NI Kontakt, for example, but it may be quite "heavy" for an iOS app, so I would be happy with an iOS version of Reason's NN-XT, for example. We still have no good and dedicated (multi) sampler in iOS...

• Uh, beyond unlikely. I'd be happy with reason format export for the Figure app.
    Reason itself is pretty processor-intensive even on a computer. iPads aren't up to the task at the moment.

• I wondered that as well... Until you think about all of the tiny little connections etc that reason offers... Not enough screen real estate.
    As far as power, IMHO propeller heads ruined reason by merging it with record. Reason used to run well on even the slowest of systems, but now it's more of a CPU hog than Protools LE for me. Rewire was genius, and worked flawlessly into any DAW that supported it, but now it's redundant as hell with the wall of knobs mixer they have etc... Not updating past my current 6.5 version
    They went the way of "let's pack every feature under the sun" unfortunately, which I see happening to Daw's on iOS now. :-(

• I think they could do Reason 1 without an issue...maybe even 2 or 3. Those did not require much processor. Obviously the later versions would not process well.

My guess is that since it would have to be rewritten anyway, a whole new product that mimicked Reason would be better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• I'd love to see an AB-Effects version of Scream 4! ;)

And I think along Dubhausdisco - I like running Reason under Cubase, I don't want to buy components to stick in Reason. Then again, I'm still running Reason3! :D (Almost bought a boxed Reason 5 upgrade at Best Buy on clearance for $60 the other day, ended up buying a BOSS DS-1 instead...)