Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB v2.3 not backward compatible with iOS7

v2.3 opens up to a blank AudioBus page in the last version of iOS 7 (iOS 7.1.2) on iPad 4 Retina....Input, Output, and Effects blocks, as well as signal path diagram and menu are missing. Deleted and re- installed AB....same result.
I never downloaded iOS 8 due to continued reports of incompatibilities or glitches with some of my many music making apps. I haven't gotten around to loading iOS 9 and am a bit hesitant to do so at this time for fear of losing tons of original material in a multitude of music making apps. When I have time, I'll figure out how to back-up all of this original material to my Mac and then upgrade to iOS 9, but for the mean time, I need to stick with iOS 7 and need AudioBus working...I rely heavily on it.
Is there a backward compatibility fix coming?

Comments

• Hm... if that's true that was an unintended side-effect. But we have no chance of even testing on iOS 7 anymore thanks to Apple's inflexible (read: non-existant) downgrading policy.

I'm going to have to talk with the team about it but there's a good chance that we will just raise the minimum OS to iOS 8.

I'm very sorry for this.

• Damn it! I was distracted and pulled the AB v2.3 update trigger on an iPad 3 - ios7.
    :#

• No good, a lot of people never upgraded to IOS 8.0.The guys that developed Auria Pro even support IOS 6.0 Forced upgrade to the next IOS version by Apple is annoying! It leaves customers with orphaned paid apps. We'll I guess I will have to freeze my iPad Air of updates! If I upgrade to IOS 9+ I will have a lot of orphaned apps! It's a big problem!

• @oldschoolwillie said:
    No good, a lot of people never upgraded to IOS 8.0.The guys that developed Auria Pro even support IOS 6.0 Forced upgrade to the next IOS version by Apple is annoying! It leaves customers with orphaned paid apps. We'll I guess I will have to freeze my iPad Air of updates! If I upgrade to IOS 9+ I will have a lot of orphaned apps! It's a big problem!

Must be quite an aftermarket in 'second' ipads with 7 on them maybe...

• Fix is out now....

• but check the description:
    Usable for ios7 again

on the buttom:
    do not update to this version

• I noticed that too. But presumed it was an oversight in not removing the bottom comment.

• Too hurry maybe, should have 'un' in that word.

• It's alive again! Thanks Team AB :)

• @Goozoon said:
    but check the description:
    Usable for ios7 again

on the buttom:
    do not update to this version

Yeah. I dun goofed.

It's okay with iOS 7.

• Thank goodness, I really was not ready to upgrade to iOS 9.2 yet! It does appear to be fixed now, except for some reason I don't see Garageband in the output list of apps where I did prior to the latest glitch. Everything else seems to be there.

• @oldschoolwillie said:
    No good, a lot of people never upgraded to IOS 8.0.The guys that developed Auria Pro even support IOS 6.0 Forced upgrade to the next IOS version by Apple is annoying! It leaves customers with orphaned paid apps. We'll I guess I will have to freeze my iPad Air of updates! If I upgrade to IOS 9+ I will have a lot of orphaned apps! It's a big problem!
    Must be quite an aftermarket in 'second' ipads with 7 on them maybe...

Perhaps Mr. Goodyear,but I purchased mins brand new from BesyBuy!

• Audio us cannot see several apps on IOS 7.0 Cubasis, Audioshare, GarageBand etc. help!