Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton Link

Well I've managed Gadget and TriqTraq linked up :)

Comments

• edited December 2015

this is the coolest thing! getting gadget and ielectribe [iphone] talking to each by just pressing a button fakin insanity! i want this on everything. EVERYTHING!!! FAAAAAAAAAK

• @perestroika said:
    this is the coolest thing! getting gadget and ielectribe talking to each by just pressing a button fakin insanity! i want this on everything. EVERYTHING!!! FAAAAAAAAAK

Right on :)

• I've not managed to get Metronom to change tempo of Gadget while TriqTraq is running though.

• edited December 2015

i noticed chicagos arp behaving a bit "off" while talking to ielectribe [iphone]. don't have metronom so i cant comment on that [just electribe and gadget updated for me] - this is really wicked stuff though. my mind has been blown to bits through out the cosmic eye of the universe.

• Please any Devs that can....get LINK.

Ableton thanks :D

• Any one else seeing the menu bar blocking the top part of iElectribe for iPhone? Can't seem to minimize it.

• Anyone tried linking 2 or more different devices yet?

• edited December 2015

@Seangarland said:
    Any one else seeing the menu bar blocking the top part of iElectribe for iPhone? Can't seem to minimize it.

click the menu button again. when its red its ON and white its OFF. it confused me a lot too at first.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Is this one the same ipad? I was under the impression it was to link separate devices - but if you can link multiple apps all on one iPad this is even better!!!

• @Halftone said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Is this one the same ipad? I was under the impression it was to link separate devices - but if you can link multiple apps all on one iPad this is even better!!!

Yep on the same iPad

• edited December 2015

:open_mouth:
    Awesome

• I moved the tempo slider on TT and Gadget followed spotlessly

• edited December 2015

two apps on the same ipad for me. and looking at ableton's website, elastic drums and impc pro are the only other apps that will get support that i have. and live doesn't seem to have been updated yet. i think. so only gadget and phone electribe for me until those other get updated. :'(

• I might buy iElectribe now, I was silly and bought the Gorrillez one instead :s

• @perestroika said:

@Seangarland said:
    Any one else seeing the menu bar blocking the top part of iElectribe for iPhone? Can't seem to minimize it.

click the menu button again. when its red its ON and white its OFF. it confused me a lot too at first.

That worked. Thanks, my brain let me down on that one.

• This is going to make iElectribe MUCH more useful for me now. Very cool.

• Awesome stuff

• So wait are you guys beta testing or some of these apps already updated w link? Of the ones listed on the ableton site I have elastic drums, patterning and fugue machine..... Does "soon" equal now?!?

• @disco3000 said:
    So wait are you guys beta testing or some of these apps already updated w link? Of the ones listed on the ableton site I have elastic drums, patterning and fugue machine..... Does "soon" equal now?!?

Not yet on those apps, well not here in Uk yet

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@disco3000 said:
    So wait are you guys beta testing or some of these apps already updated w link? Of the ones listed on the ableton site I have elastic drums, patterning and fugue machine..... Does "soon" equal now?!?

Not yet on those apps, well not here in Uk yet

TriqTrak, Gadget and iElectribe have Link now in the Uk

• Got it- just saw the other post. Thanks! Can't wait....

• Wow it's amazing, and it works.....Well done Ableton.

• edited December 2015

there is no global start/stop is there? i know they said no master/slave thing. its probably the only nitpick thing i have about this, since i have to switch between iphone-electribe and gadget to start and stop things. i can live with it this way though. just too lazy for everything. hehe.

@disco3000 said:

i just looked at ableton's link page to see what else might have support and mention them being the only other apps that i have will have link support... that i know of anyway. no idea when those will get updated. hopefully RIGHT NOW! :D but no idea. :(

• I read a post somewhere (Twitter ?) where it was mentioned Patterning was working with Link - that was at least 2-3 weeks ago so I would think an update must be coming very soon..

• They have not widely released the API to developers yet, I got on the list at the time of the public announcement and still haven't received it. Just so you know it isn't the developers' fault!

• @sonosaurus said:
    They have not widely released the API to developers yet, I got on the list at the time of the public announcement and still haven't received it. Just so you know it isn't the developers' fault!

Yeah we are just excited, like watching Trash strip in The Return of the Living Dead for the first time :p

• Yes, Patterning is working with Link. Update soon.

• Great news, happy to see that the iPad version of the electribe is on board! Will ipolysix and ims20 get the same treatment?

• Patterning with Link is submitted, but it's not yet approved, so it's going to be another couple days or so.

• This works great. There is one bug that I've noticed. When Link is enabled in iElectribe for iPhone, it's not possible to change tempo. But Tap Tempo still works. There's no issue with it in Gadget.