Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 9.2 error message for Audiobus inputs

edited December 2015 in Support and Feedback

Hi all,

I use iPhone 6s plus and since i've upgrated it to iOS 9.2 i've started having error message as "SampleTank (or any other app which i run as input) is reporting an error condition. Try closing and restarting your apps, or rebooting your iPhone."
Restarting, removing and downloading audiobus or rebooting the phone does not fix that. Also changing the frames does not help.
Please inform me if anybody else is having same problem and fixed that. Or maybe there should be an update by audibus developers for new iOS 9.2.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• I'm on 9.2 with an iPhone6 and just tried sampletank into GarageBand with no problems. I hope you find a solution to your problem.

• @Jakersjaw said:
    I'm on 9.2 with an iPhone6 and just tried sampletank into GarageBand with no problems. I hope you find a solution to your problem.

I hope so. Maybe it is especially for iPhone 6s (plus)... Thanks for your feedback.

• edited December 2015

I'm getting the same errors with iPhone 6s and iOS 9.2. I quit all apps, restarted my phone, and reinstalled Audiobus to no avail.

When I try to change the frames from 235 (where it seems stuck), it tells me that the latency is being controlled by another app, but no other apps are running. I'm stumped.

• Apparently for the the 6s issue with Audiobus and not being able to control the sample rate, the temporary fix is to plug headphones in.

• That's intriguing, but it seems to work for me. Thanks for the tip @Fitz!

• @Fitz said:
    Apparently for the the 6s issue with Audiobus and not being able to control the sample rate, the temporary fix is to plug headphones in.

Yep. But today's update should fix this on the 6S.

• edited December 2015

@Sebastian said:

@Fitz said:
    Apparently for the the 6s issue with Audiobus and not being able to control the sample rate, the temporary fix is to plug headphones in.

Today's update fixed the problem about controling the frames. It is done. But below problems are still going on;

Input: App
    FX: Null
    Output: Audio output
    NOTE: It works

Input: App (Says: "Tap to launch" bu cannot launch)
    FX: App

Input: App (Error)
    FX: Null or App (Error)
    Output: App

• @runo said:

Which app displays the 'Tap to launch' message?

And which apps are involved in this pipeline?

• edited December 2015

Actually, it would probably be better to use the support portal for this. I think this might be a long-ish back and forth.

Here's the link: http://audiobus.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

For everyone else having trouble on an iPhone 6S, try plugging in your headphones. The 6S does some weird stuff with sample rates and plugging in headphones or speakers makes it behave. That's a workaround until all apps have updated to deal with this issue.

• @Sebastian said:

@runo said:

Input: App (Says: "Tap to launch" bu cannot launch) / iSymphonic Orchestra, Oriental Strings, SampleTank, ThumbJam, SessionBand

Input: App (Error) / iSymphonic Orchestra, Oriental Strings, SampleTank, ThumbJam, SessionBand
    FX: Null or App (Error) / VocaLive
    Output: App / GarageBand

Probably updates are needed for other third party apps for new iOS 9.2

• @Sebastian said:

@Fitz said:

All works well for my apps! Thanks Sebastian and team.

• @runo said:

@Sebastian said:

@runo said:

Input: App (Says: "Tap to launch" bu cannot launch) / iSymphonic Orchestra, Oriental Strings, SampleTank, ThumbJam, SessionBand

Input: App (Error) / iSymphonic Orchestra, Oriental Strings, SampleTank, ThumbJam, SessionBand

Here's a workaround for this until GarageBand updates to the newest Audiobus SDK:

Plug in your headphones. That fixes an issue specific to the 6S and 6S Plus with apps that have not updated to the latest Audiobus SDK.

• @Sebastian said:

@runo said:

@Sebastian said:

@runo said:

Here's a workaround for this until GarageBand updates to the newest Audiobus SDK:

Plug in your headphones. That fixes an issue specific to the 6S and 6S Plus with apps that have not updated to the latest Audiobus SDK.

Dear Sebastian,

Yes using headphones fixed all.. Many thanks..

• New record :)
    @Michael lock the thread plz!
    On some forums there is a warning that the thread is too old before posting .

• That pesky iOS 9.2... :)

• @Korakios said:
    New record :)
    @Michael lock the thread plz!
    On some forums there is a warning that the thread is too old before posting .

Yes, but this way we catch the spammers in the act nice and easy =)

• So is it safe to upgrade to iOS9.2 now?

• edited September 2019

Nah thanks, I'm keeping my lovely iOS 6 with the genuine faux leather and green felt! 😉