Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video for Auria CPU saving tips for iPad2 and Audiobus

Just a few tips here to help you save some CPU and get the best out of Auria if you are using an iPad2..even the Audiobus devs suggest iPad3 or later with this program..however there are things you can do to get it to work better….Special thanks has to go to Ryan, Jarrett, Dave Magoo,mgmg4871 and funjunkie27….I also must apologise to Morris who is mgmg4871 for not mentioning him in the video for the excellent reminder to freeze your audio tracks…

Comments

• Great video :)

Seems to work surprisingly well on ipad 2.

• Agreed, I didn't think he'd be able to use Audiobus but yes it seemed to work very well. Great!

• edited May 2013

Actually I'm beta testing the iPad 6....shhhhhhhhh......seriously...it went very welll.

• Yea Audiobus and Auria works fine on iPad 2. Reason for the iPad 3 recommendation is simply the amount of RAM. iPad 2 with 512mb is more prone to "crashes" with memory hungry apps opened. And people tend to not manage their resources which = more time spent on support for customers, hence the "be safe and slap a iPad 3 requirement on it"...Now of to watch the vid! :p

• These tips also good for iPad 3 if one is pushing it a bit. I tried using it as a live mixer with several external vintage synths coming in via a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, and using the channel effects to juice them up. That is not a mode which one can freeze unfortunately, not if performing, but does make a difference when tracking.

I have one question, more a general Auria + Audiobius one: I noticed in the video you had left the "AudioBus Mode" checked "Off" in the Settings menu. What exactly does this parameter do if you could do everything needed with it Off while still using AudioBus?

• @dwarman I can't remember exactly but I remember I had it on in Auria once and went to do something and it said you can't do that while in Audiobus mode, sadly I can't remember what it was. So I think that's more for Auria than it is Audiobus

• Great video @thesoundtestroom! That's something I recall hearing but never actually tried.

• edited May 2013

"I noticed in the video you had left the "AudioBus Mode" checked "Off" in the Settings menu. What exactly does this parameter do if you could do everything needed with it Off while still using AudioBus?" /dwarman

It forces Auria to a lower buffer size (like 512 sample buffer). Basically the same thing as what Audiobus does if you start that first and then open Auria. If you're not using Audiobus , the toggle can help with synth apps that doesn't play nice with Aurias really high buffer (which is 4096). Something along those lines anyway...As for it sometimes being on and off when using Audiobus I have no clue why that is.