Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I Have An Auria Question...can anyone help..please..

OK so just got Auria....watched Ryans video which helped alot..however I still cant seem to solve one problem..when I set up Auria to record in AB then add say Animoog and record Animoog on a track...how the heck can I then record another Animoog piece with a different sound on another track...I know this is something I am missing.....its so easy with Cubasis to do this just select animoog as an input on the next track...but I cant find this on Auria..I even had a mess with the input matrix..but to no avail...please help

Comments

• edited May 2013

Move the recorded audio to a new track ?

• Genius..why didn't I think of that..thanks Dave..is that the only way then..so once Auria has a dedicated app track you cant multitrack that app?

• Yep..that worked great..

• edited May 2013

To do it how you said first you can go into the input matrix and select audiobus at the right side and you should see the input channels 1 and 2 set to Animoog, these can then be selected on track 2 and it should record in track 2....hope this makes sense...

Just remember to rec arm track 2 and un arm track 1

Let me know how you get on :)

• Yeah that makes sense too..I shall try that next..but thanks for the help..this all helps for the video tutorials when I do one for Auria tips on iPad2 I shall give you a mention...thanks man

• edited May 2013

@thesoundtestroom unrelated, but I know your on an iPad 2 also, so wanted to share how I use Auria and what limitations I set. First turn the CPU monitor on so you can see how much your using so it doesnt cause problems. Obviously, close background apps and a restart is good.

Instead of building entire songs in Auria, I tend bring in a track/sample/section at a time and edit and adjust to my liking, this way I can still get all that FabFilter goodness without taxing the iPad too much. I own Timeless 2, Saturn, and ProQ and chose these as I thought they covered the most ground and gave me the best bang for my buck.

Also (everyone) you can download Free MoReVoX IR Files and use iFunBox to drop them in Auria's IR Folder that way you can use them with the ConvolutionReverb. They can be in either *.IR or *.WAV file format. This free kit comes with a sampler of some of the kits sold in AuriaStore...MoReVoX, HiTs!, MSP, Retroverb, Legacy, and Hybrid. Enjoy!

-Jarrett

iOS MARS

• @JMSexton - I have Saturn and really like that. How do your other two compare? I know they're different from Saturn, but how do they compare in quality, versatility, etc.? I also have drumagog, but it crashes frequently, so I haven't spent much time with it, and still don't understand what it's capable of doing fully.

• Don't forget you can freeze tracks also to keep CPU load down.

• edited May 2013

I got Timeless 2 first because I felt it covered the widest area then i debated between Saturn and Volcano and ultimately went with Saturn. I've been through almost all of the presets in each and watched the CPU meter as I went, a couple of the Saturn presents (maybe 5 or so) hit 65 or higher otherwise most stayed below or close to 50%...and of course ProQ is stellar!

Like I said though, know the limitations with your model. I bring in a track/sample/loop at a time normally and try not to load up on effects. Something worth looking into is the new effect "DCAM EnvShaper" its cheaper and believe its much lighter on the CPU (which is prob why they released it). Also everyone could prob get away with putting several lighter weight effects (and cheaper I might add) like the stock ones and Micro, DCAM EnvShaper, and PSP MicroWarmer which is apparently great!

One nice thing is the last update included tempo sync functionality for the plugins. What do you think of drumagog, minus the crashing? Isn't it like an extra 400mb?

@mgmg4871 - slipped my mind, yes, freezing tracks helps keep CPU down, I find Auria decently usable on an iPad2

-Jarrett

• Thanks everyone..I have made much progress with this today and will do a short tutorial on a few interesting points so far working with an iPad2

• @JMSexton - thanks for those tips! @JM and Funjunkie - One of my big reasons for buying Auria was DrumaGog but surprisingly I haven't been using it at all. Not necessarily because of the software but more my new workflow as I've been developing and eqing the beat before bringing it over (live drum loops) This plugin is a lifesaver if you record live drums because unless you have a great sounding drum kit, know how to tune a drum kit, have good mics for drum kit (ex. Sennheiser 421 for toms, D112 for kick), and have a great sounding room, Drumagog can only help. You could have a shitty sounding kit and crap mics but if your drummer is badass, you can blend the samples to make it sound polished. IMO, crappy drum sounds from live band demos is one of the reasons electronic music has become more popular than rock/alternative/indie/whatever live music. The drums! A new EDM songwriter can come up with a simple song idea and the mix will already sound decent if not already radio ready. But I know and have known so many brilliant live bands who know nothing about recording drums and their songs always sounded like demos. And the stars have to be aligned so that a band could find all the ingredients listed above to be able to produce a decent sounding recording whereas an EDM artist can whip something out in an hour. Sorry, went off on a tangent. Big hassle with Auria DrumAGog is that you can't create your own gogs (your own samples) unless you have their desktop version.

• I do the 'create a new track and copy previously recorded audio to it' trick every time. Much easier than creating a new track, using the input matrix and playing the arm/unarm game.

• Thanks @JMSexton on the insight. I don't recall what size drumagog is, and I don't know how to check it after it has been installed. I can't comment on it at all, since the crashes have been to frequent. I may need to reinstall, but I don't think you can remove just the plug-in. I really don't want to reinstall Auria, but if that's the only way, I'll do it. I think my first step is to touch base with the Auria team to see what they would recommend.