Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Woohoo! Samvada is on the bus!

I almost don't want to tell you guys about this one, I'm tempted to keep it for myself. I love this effect.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/samvada/id551119231?mt=8.

Comments

• I already had it. Is it still free?

• edited May 2013

This is a great freakin app! It's about time more ethnic instrument apps started coming onboard.

@PaulB - hmmm.. starting to get greedy are we? haha

• Hey! The whole thing just crashed on me twice. I start up Audiobus, insert Samvada, then Impaktor (for the tablas), then magellan for fx, and Audioshare in output slot. Is it overloading my iphone 4S 16 gb?

• edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2013

I stuck Thumbjam in the input slot, Samvada in the effects slot, selected speaker output for the output slot and it worked like a charm. Same with iFretless Bass, no input mic involved at all.

• Super fantastic app! Never even would have known about it if I hadn't checked this post. Thanks for sharing the news.

• Yes he is, but I'm not sure why you posted it here. Lol

• Couldn't control myself.

• Samvada used to liven up the Thumbjam Grand Piano sound

• Very cool. Cheers.

• edited January 2017
  • I love this app. I was thinking of making something similar myself (a string resonator bank), but too late as usual ;)

Here's a thing I recorded with it:

• edited May 2013

@AfxTwn No problem. I didn't want to have a buzzing string effect on the piano, so I dialed down the strength of the effect and the sustain. Reverb is only a very minor part of it, although sympathetic strings could be regarded as a sort of tuned spring reverb. It makes sounds ring, rather than smear. Have you listened to how the Thumbjam piano sounds on its own?

I guess the telling thing is that you were fooled into thinking it was the piano sound that was sustaining when it was actually the resonant string sounds in Samvada.

• Here's a clearer example of what Samvada does with the settings ramped up a bit. A looped solo flute, 1st time without effect, 2nd time with effect.

• edited May 2013

@j_liljedahl effing love it. So doing that combo tonight!

@PaulB thanks for those examples, especially the piano one. I wouldn't have thought to use the app in that sort of subtle way. I hope experiment with that a bit tonight too.

• @PaulB also a nice use of TJ's mic input pitch tracking feature on that flute track! It's a lot of fun to hum rough melodies and have that come out the other end ;)

• Totally didn't know about that feature....I'm pretty sure somewhere in TJ there's a setting to clean my house to right? Since it does everything, and since all my time gets sucked into this iPad screen? Lol Awesome app

• @sonosaurus Actually, I played it with my finger on the half glissando setting. Since I can't sing, it rarely occurs to me to use my voice in any way to create music.

@syrupcore Funnily enough, after I uploaded it, I was thinking I should have made it a bit subtler. Lol.

• @PaulB oh well, I thought I heard a tell-tale glide wiggle, but I was fooled! Regardless, Samvada does add some nice effects, especially with the piano.

• edited May 2013

iPhone version crashes instantly any time I touch the 'tone' slider. Bus and no bus. Anyone else?

• Tone slider works fine for me on ipad.

Funny, I almost never mind portrait only apps on iPhone but I'm instantly annoyed by them on iPad. No complaints though, just wishes.

• Tone slider problem confirmed on iPod Touch 4th Gen. Dev informed by email.

• edited January 2017
  • I enjoy the drone setting in Samvada, but adding DR-OM to it is a great idea. Thanks for that @AfxTwn!

• edited January 2017
  • @AfxTwn You might want to check out MTDaw for a simple but good daw. No midi though.

• DrumJam + DR-OM -> Samvada -> favorite DAW

:)

Good night!

• Lol i must have been on wrong post.