Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Making and using SFZs and SF2s for Auria Pro

Comments

• Matt,

Oops, I meant to hide those extra parameters away... Lyra is literally a beast inside, with almost 1000 parameters , a complex mod matrix and a scripting engine. However, there's still a bit of work to do to get all that working perfectly. I plan on releasing a standalone version of Lyra at some point where all of this will be working.

Rim

• Sounds exciting!

• Since Lyra isn't a proper sampler and only a sample player is there any way I can record audio on an audio track in Auria Pro and transfer and open it into Lyra?

• Yes, this is possible, but you'd need to create a simple SFZ file. An SFZ file is just a text file with some instructions in it, to tell the sample player which WAV files to play on which keys, etc. There are some tutorials on the SFZ format if you google it.

Rim

• edited December 2015

It would be good if there was a way to convert recorded audio on auria pro to a SFZ file using just the iPad to load into lyra just using the iPad.

• A really good Rickenbacker 4001 bass instrument, I used to use the Kontakt version. Working fine in AP:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=349745

• Thank you very much, @Igneous1! I usually record the bass live, but I don't have a Rickenbacker, so this is definitely a good addition!

• Good thread here which I had originally ignored because I don't 'do' soundfonts (a wuss masquerading as a purist), but have been motivated by mention of the nice piano here https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/11617/beautiful-free-sfz-piano-to-use-in-auria-pros-lyra-sample-player.

I may even be prepared to load it via Itunes if that's easier. Have the queasy 'you don't know what you're doing' feeling in the pit of my capacious stomach, but will be interesting to see how easy or otherwise this cherry is to bust.

• Oops, I meant to hide those extra parameters away...

Seriously, Matt finds everything.

• Ha ha. Like a toddler.

• Thanks for all the great info everyone. I've had a blast getting soundfonts I haven't used in over 10 years imported into Lyra. Some of my old Sonic Implants still sound pretty good!

• If anyone would be even remotely interested in more soundfonts, I shared my library (stored on Dropbox) previously with another online music community. I don't see why I shouldn't also share it with you guys. It is an unsorted folder though, as per always, some of them are really good...some are not so good...it is 17 GB of it though.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulo96r48z3qrkw4/AAAr4kmF-X8ox4J3zY_6Mm0ya?dl=0

• edited January 2016

@WaveMachineLabs said:
    Matt,

Oops, I meant to hide those extra parameters away... Lyra is literally a beast inside, with almost 1000 parameters , a complex mod matrix and a scripting engine. However, there's still a bit of work to do to get all that working perfectly. I plan on releasing a standalone version of Lyra at some point where all of this will be working.

Rim

That is very interesting, especially the scripting engine.... sounds almost like it could be something like Kontakt for iOS. Would be interesting what script language it uses.....

• @hellquist said:
    If anyone would be even remotely interested in more soundfonts, I shared my library (stored on Dropbox) previously with another online music community. I don't see why I shouldn't also share it with you guys. It is an unsorted folder though, as per always, some of them are really good...some are not so good...it is 17 GB of it though.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulo96r48z3qrkw4/AAAr4kmF-X8ox4J3zY_6Mm0ya?dl=0

Wow thanks, Xmas just keeps on keeping on

• @Cinebient @WaveMachineLabs me too re: scripting language. Lua?

Also, you mention stand alone app. Will eventual 'full' version be available within Auria as well via IAP or something?

• @syrupcore said:
    @Cinebient @WaveMachineLabs me too re: scripting language. Lua?

Also, you mention stand alone app. Will eventual 'full' version be available within Auria as well via IAP or something?

Never release the kraken to early ;)
    Lua would be nice since Falcon uses it too and i began to look into it. But many prefer Kontakt script engine for some reasons to everything else.....

• I just downloaded a version of the Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra which is free and works fine in AP/Lyra. This is divided into individual sf2 for each instrument which is very convenient for selection, most instruments have solo plus groups with different articulations.

Https://archive.org/details/SonatinaSymphonyOrchestraSF2

• edited January 2016

@PhilW said:
    I just downloaded a version of the Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra which is free and works fine in AP/Lyra. This is divided into individual sf2 for each instrument which is very convenient for selection, most instruments have solo plus groups with different articulations.

Https://archive.org/details/SonatinaSymphonyOrchestraSF2

How does it sound? Unfortunately getting an error on that link.

• I haven't done a gret deal with it but it is often touted as the best free orchestral sample set around. My tests do nothing to doubt this!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

How does it sound? Unfortunately getting an error on that link.

You can find it in my Soundfont Dropbox link above if nothing else. Also have them for Thumbjam if that would be preferred.

• This would appear to be the correct link to Sonatina library:
    https://archive.org/details/SonatinaSymphonicOrchestraSF2

488 Megs. Thanks for the heads up!

• Sorry for the mistyped link and thanks Tovokas for the correction. The advantage of this vs Hellquist's kind opening of his library (thanks by the way - a great resource!) is that each instrument is split out as a separate sf2 which makes it easier to select in Lyra.

• Yeah, thx @hellquist, some mellow sounds inthere ;)

• OK - this whole thread has me convinced I need to try AP.

Anyone know of a simple way to convert EXS24 instruments to SFZ or SF2? Preferably on a Mac, but not a deal breaker if I have to do it on a PC.

• edited January 2016

ehauri, You can import MainStage's EXS instruments directly into Auria Pro. no conversion needed :)

• yeah I know Lyra will use them, but I have other reasons for wanting to convert (MTS among them).

• +1 For being able to create SFZ files on the ipad itself. It would be great if Auria supported using the transients in a file to auto split that file into SFZ instrument into Lyra. I think Ableton does that.

• edited February 2016

+2