Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Making and using SFZs and SF2s for Auria Pro

Comments

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Read your instructions for using Audioshare. But Auria doesn't come up on the list of apps that you can copy zip files to. ( I have upgraded to pro)

Make sure you're doing an "Open In...", not an Export.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Install iOS Apps from IPA package
    iFunbox allows you install IPA packages from in-house distribution, which is produced with Apple's Developer Enterprise Program. It also allows you install *.ipa files archieved from an App under development or cracked by you.

Odd to see a developer advocating the use of ifunbox whose authors see it as a tool for installing cracked apps........

I guess I'm pretty trusting ;)

• Open in... Auria is not listed on my iPad.

• @Hmtx said:
    Open in... Auria is not listed on my iPad.

That's a bug that's already been fixed in 2.01, which should be available today or tomorrow (in review already).

Rim

• This is great, thanks!

• What a thread! Thanks all for the info and thanks Rim for all the thought and work that went into Lyra.

Can someone send me a new iPad please? Thx.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Read your instructions for using Audioshare. But Auria doesn't come up on the list of apps that you can copy zip files to. ( I have upgraded to pro)

Good news it worked on today's update.

Bad news the drop down is on an elastic band and I can't get to the bottom of the list......

• @BiancaNeve said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Bad news the drop down is on an elastic band and I can't get to the bottom of the list......

I've seen this reported before but I simply can't duplicate the problem here, so I don't know how to fix it :) I need a repeatable way to be able to make it happen here. I'm sure it's an easy fix. Other uses mentioned that when it happens, it usually fixes itself after a while.

• @WaveMachineLabs said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@BiancaNeve said:

I've seen this reported before but I simply can't duplicate the problem here, so I don't know how to fix it :) I need a repeatable way to be able to make it happen here. I'm sure it's an easy fix. Other uses mentioned that when it happens, it usually fixes itself after a while.

I've mailed you the zip I used may or may not work for you.

• @rim
    if you access the lyra samples from the mixer screen you cannot get to the bottom ones, its like they are elastic and spring back up before you can select one. if you access the lyra samples from within lyra itself (by using the E button) then the list is scroll-able.

• might be of use for some:
    h00p://bigcatlists.blogspot.nl/2014/05/totally-free-instrument-by-type.h t m l

• @dblonde said:
    @rim
    if you access the lyra samples from the mixer screen you cannot get to the bottom ones, its like they are elastic and spring back up before you can select one. if you access the lyra samples from within lyra itself (by using the E button) then the list is scroll-able.

I get an elastic effect there too.

• edited December 2015

@dblonde said:
    might be of use for some:
    h00p://bigcatlists.blogspot.nl/2014/05/totally-free-instrument-by-type.h t m l

Thanks for the link - looks great!

Here's a clickable version: http://bigcatlists.blogspot.nl/2014/05/totally-free-instrument-by-type.html

• edited December 2015

Thanks, that will help. I'll look into this in more detail.

Rim

• edited December 2015

bug 1001

• I sent a bug report.

• Ok, thanks, I see it now.

RIm

• I can't get the Sonatina Symphonic SFZ library to work consistently in Lyra, some of the instruments play, but many don't:

http://sso.mattiaswestlund.net/download.html

Anyone had any luck with this one?

• I have similar issues some of my own soundfonts. Some of my exs samples also play incorrectly, and they are propriatory ones i purchased so should be of correct quality and reliability.

• @dblonde said:
    I have similar issues some of my own soundfonts. Some of my exs samples also play incorrectly, and they are propriatory ones i purchased so should be of correct quality and reliability.

If you have any that don't play correctly in Lyra but do in other players you should let Rim know.

• Yes, please send me any samples you can't get to work properly (or send me links). But please first confirm that the particular instrument works fine in Logic's EXS24 or another sampler. In my experience, lots of instruments have unresolved issues, and we found that a lot didn't work in Logic either.

Keep in mind that it's virtually impossible for every instrument collection to work and sound the same in every sample player out there. Sound designers spend a lot of time testing in each program to make sure their instruments work, and Lyra is brand new.

Rim

• @richardyot said:
    I can't get the Sonatina Symphonic SFZ library to work consistently in Lyra, some of the instruments play, but many don't:

http://sso.mattiaswestlund.net/download.html

Anyone had any luck with this one?

Well, thanks for the link! I was able to download in goodreader, copy to audioshare, create the zip Auria needed, then open in Auria, awesome! No PC needed :) (thanks Rim for the 2.01 update so I can "open in" to Auria)

I haven't had time to test them all but it seems a lot of the instruments only respond in a very specific note range. Could that be the problem you had?

• I got it working now, it looks like my original install was corrupted somehow, I deleted the samples and reinstalled and they work fine now.

• I was hoping the new update will allow me to add a SF2 file to Lyra via DropBox or FileBrowser via "open in". Auria show's up as an option for both and "open in" is selected for my SF2 but nothing seems to happen. Are we still stuck having to tether to iTunes or pc to import SF2 into Auria?

• I did it through open in from goodreader but it was sfz and I had to try a few times before I understood the folder structure correctly but once I did that it worked perfectly from a zip file. I don't know if it's the same for sf2 or I may have read that you can't import sf2 yet to lyra? Maybe that was another app, sorry, I'm blanking tonight on a lot! But with sfz it definitely worked.

• Thanks @mrufino1. I have similar issues with SFZ. Seems one needs to have their zip files in order to do this for either.

For sf2 I was able to move a sf2 into a folder with in a "Sampler Instruments" folder.
    In this case I created a "Sampler Instruments/mySF2" folder in audio share. Moved my sf2 into that folder and then zipped the top folder into .zip. Then open in from audioshare into Auria at least created the folder and my sf2 was there. Very clunky. And the SFZ files for open in need to follow similar steps.

This is an area where Lyra could learn from bs16i and MultiTrackStudio. For sf2 files the Lyra instrument select only shows the name of the sf2 as an instrument rather than a list of available patches within the sf2. For sf2 import, I would prefer to see the open in action take an sf2 directly, create a folder in Auria Sampler Instruments using the name of the sf2 and place the sf2 being opened into said folder. And of course create a preset list for it:)

• Yes, so sfz has the structure Sampler Instruments-bass (inside bass you have the latelybass.sfz file and the folder for the latelybass samples). What confused me was that I thought the instructions had 4 folder levels but it's 3. When that is all zipped you can open in from goodreader to auria and auria puts it in the right place. So sf2 is the same I guess but without the last sample folder, just the sf2. Good to know.

• Right now you can choose among all the presets in an SF2 file by using the Bank and Patch selectors on the MIDI channelstrip. But a more complete instrument selector will be coming in a future update.

Rim

• Rim, I notice a huge amount of parameters in the midi drop down for Lyra... LFOs and all manner of things (I was looking to automate pitch bend).

Do these do anything? Are they there in case you decide to add more features to Lyra in the future?

By the way - thanks for making Lyra intelligent when it comes to finding samples folders for SFZs. I found with my loop masters ones that although the SFZ states "../../../" before the path it ignored this and found the correct samples folder anyway. This is so cool because it means Loopmasters SFZ packs can pretty much just be dropped in with no need to alter paths at all. I just put about 100 different 'kits' in Lyra.

Just need the beat pad to be a little more fully featured now (hint: choke groups :) ). There's also a slight bug if you play a few pads in succession which I'll log (with a few others bugs I found too).