Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria pro on ipad 4

How does it perform? Should I buy it?

Comments

• yes - anyone?  
  • I'm equally curious. Really want Pro, but if the 4 can't hack it, I'll wait 12 months til I can afford a new iPad.

• All my earlier-reported crashings were an ipad problem, not an Auria problem. I haven't gotten anywhere near to pushing it to its limits but it seems good so far. A couple times when I hit play I got a "low memory, free up some cpu" message, but it must have been a glitch cuz this was like 2 wav files and a midi track. 
  • If you buy it now, you can still load it onto your shiny new iPad next year. 

• Tru dat..... Oh no. So much for keeping it till Chrimbo...

• edited December 2015
     I'm on iPad4. It feels like it performs better than before. I think I had 2 crashes so far. But I'm not a power user, just a hobbyist, I rarely go more than 6 tracks. I've been mostly automating synths in it yesterday.
  • So I got it - but I'm still on ios7 and it crashes at startup ... I'm scared to update to 9. Others with iPad 4 - how's it working for you? Do u wish u were still on 7 - or no regrets?

• I don't even remember 7
  • Im very disappointed at how rapidly the cpu seems to overload. I got fed up trying to hook up external synth apps which was pitiful in performance (one synth + kick drum = crash). Freezing tracks just caused more crashes. Today I'm going to see if using the internal keyboard (rather than an external controller) and the Lyra instruments works better. I think I must be doing something wrong because I can't believe AP is really so bad, but it may take a while for the knowledge pool to flag up the major do's and donts. Some others seem to have had a better experience so I'll persevere!

• Did you upgrade or clean install? After upgrading to pro on my iPad Air (1), performance was poor. So I did a backup of my projects, deleted the App and after installing it new, it runs fine.

• edited December 2015

I'm a lot happier two days on. I've managed to build a track with about 8 instances of Lyra, a single one of the one synth and a few fx. Didn't have to freeze any tracks to do that either. The piano roll editing is working much more smoothly but it's still difficult to navigate with a screen full of tracks. I'm keeping an eagle eye on the cpu meter although I notice there are still warnings popping up even at 30 to 40 per cent: I ignored those and mostly it carries on working fine. This is my first demo track with a quick mix down

• Oh, and I upgraded. I did delete and reinstall too.

• edited December 2015

Cool track dooood

I too deleted and reinstalled after upgrading

• Hi there! I've just downloaded Auria Pro to my iPad 4 and just as I started recording a few tracks in my first project and tried to use the internal EQ and, afterwards, the SilQ app, a warning popped up, concerning the CPU overload. I've read before about how demanding Auria Pro is, but everywhere I read about it I was told that it could do with an iPad 4, so I was a little surprised that it took so little to overload. It seems that Clocktoys went through something similar. What should I do? Just ignore these warnings, even though I've tried and they have annoyingly persevered, popping up non-stop? Should I delete another apps that I've installed? I've tried to freeze one of the three tracks - a Funk Drummer track recorded via Audiobus -, but it didn't help. Thanks a lot!

• @Rodrigo1709 said:
    Hi there! I've just downloaded Auria Pro to my iPad 4 and just as I started recording a few tracks in my first project and tried to use the internal EQ and, afterwards, the SilQ app, a warning popped up, concerning the CPU overload. I've read before about how demanding Auria Pro is, but everywhere I read about it I was told that it could do with an iPad 4, so I was a little surprised that it took so little to overload. It seems that Clocktoys went through something similar. What should I do? Just ignore these warnings, even though I've tried and they have annoyingly persevered, popping up non-stop? Should I delete another apps that I've installed? I've tried to freeze one of the three tracks - a Funk Drummer track recorded via Audiobus -, but it didn't help. Thanks a lot!

I could not run it on my ipad 4 because I got resource warning with just one midi track. It ran better on my 64 bit ipad mini 3 but I did not have enough storage on it since the app was near 4 gigs. I upgraded to an Air 2 and have no problems running Auria Pro.

• I’ve got Auria Pro on an Air 4 and the Mixer window shows it offset to the right.

https://www.auriaapp.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1161&mode=view
    Anybody else having this problem???