Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Variations on a Silent Night

My submission for a Christmas/Holiday compilation album called The Silent Light, which is due out very soon. A new take on a traditional tune, in a multitude of styles.
Apps used include: SynthMaster, Thumbjam, Bismarl bs16i, Jamup Pro, Cubasis, Audiobus and Audio Mastering

Comments

• Beautiful, builds nicely!
  • edited December 2015
    Nice track @AlterEgo_UK, , fits perfectly on any Xmas compilation. Without wanting to hijack the thread: I also tampered with Silent Night years ago and ended up with this track called 'children of the silent night'  It has some Bela Lugosi vibes going on. May not be nice, but definitely a variation. :) 

• edited December 2015
    love both of these. Maybe this should be a forum thing this month? See how many iOS only interpretations of silent night we can generate. Just a question of who will be first with the ALL BEBOT CHOIR?

@AlterEgo_UK  Really dig what you did musically with the entire middle section after introducing the theme. It was a new piece of music, somehow grounded in the intro. Just great.

@jooga1972 More than nice. It's beautiful. I'd love to hear that without the main drum beat but keeping the percussion and dub fills. There's a lovely looseness to the guitar (ukulele?) plus voices that I feel like the solid drum kit beat sorta masks. 

• Thanks, guys!
    Nice one @jooga1972 ! Yep, definitely another variation! Quite unique in fact yet strangely compelling! :)
  • @AlterEgo_UK -- I always like your stuff and this is no exception...really good sounds.  Can you tell more about this holiday album?  
  • love both of these. Maybe this should be a forum thing this month? See how many iOS only interpretations of silent night we can generate. Just a question of who will be first with the ALL BEBOT CHOIR?

Don't bait me Mister.
  • haha, I actually added and then deleted @JohnnyGoodyear when I wrote that. :)
  • @TozBourne The album is called The Silent Light and is a compilation of artists from the Apptronica label. The idea is to provide a peaceful vibe for this stressful season :)
    Some tracks will be played on Modul303 radio on Martin Neuhold's Apptronica show Dec 4th 6pm Central European Time. (5pm UK) 
  • Thanks for the feedback guys. @syrupcore I sampled a few loops from a very early Mississippi Delta blues version of A Silent Night that was recorded in the 1930's.  I downpitched the loops a bit to fit the selected tempo and the mood I wanted to compose. I added a dub beat and a couple of soundclips performed by the one and only Bela Lugosi in the 1931 Dracula movie and that was it. 

• One of the first full tracks I created in iOS was a rendition of "Silent Night". I actually did this as part of my (still ongoing) learning process. It was done in Cubasis with some help from Thumbjam. It's not as impressive, or as sophisticated, as the two fantastic renditions above, but this thread motivated me to finally upload it to Soundcloud and subsequently share it here.

Excellent idea for a thread by the way and kudos to the other two renditions above. Very inspiring stuff!

• Recording a version of a tune you know is a great way to get to know an app! I like your version. It is quite traditional sounding and glad you were motivated @Paulyboy ;. Would love to hear some of your other stuff too! ;)
  • Recording a version of a tune you know is a great way to get to know an app! I like your version. It is quite traditional sounding and glad you were motivated @Paulyboy ;. Would love to hear some of your other stuff too! ;)
    Just click on my name in the embedded song above if you are interested in hearing more than I've done. I guess I should really post a link to my Soundcloud in the dedicated thread for it found on these forums. I'm a little timid about this stuff because I'm still just a beginner in many respects!

Thanks so much and happy holidays to you and your family!
  • I think we're going to need a decidedly unsilent version, @bluepunk?
  • Pre-iOs but quite a fine interpretation nevertheless ...

• Not heard that version before @Paul16 I used to  love can around the Tago Mago period but not heard them for ages.
  • I think we're going to need a decidedly unsilent version, @bluepunk?
    @JohnnyGoodyear  If it's got more than 3 chords I could have problems :wink:  I am working on a version of this for this months SOTMC then saw this thread.  It's on it's way Johnny. Unsilent it will be! Cheers.
  • @Bluepunk said:
    I think we're going to need a decidedly unsilent version, @bluepunk?
    @JohnnyGoodyear  If it's got more than 3 chords I could have problems :wink:  I am working on a version of this for this months SOTMC then saw this thread.  It's on it's way Johnny. Unsilent it will be! Cheers.

Stroppy Christmas Novelty Single to top the charts by year's end I'd say...
  • @Bluepunk said:
    I think we're going to need a decidedly unsilent version, @bluepunk?

Stroppy Christmas Novelty Single to top the charts by year's end I'd say...
    My favourite version was by The Yobs (The Boys.....very clever). And they would have reached the number one spot if it wasn't for those angelic kids from St Winifred's School Choir singing "Grandma, we love you." Now there's polar opposites. No guessing which one I purchased!