Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro tips and tricks

Comments

• Auria crashing a lot when doing actions like "bounce track in place". Unfreezing midi tracks frequently leads to a crash and subsequent midi data loss. Rim, how do I send you a proper crash report? It does open a box asking what i saw just before the crash: is this the only way, or is there an "advanced" way?

All the best!
  • Auria crashing a lot when doing actions like "bounce track in place". Unfreezing midi tracks frequently leads to a crash and subsequent midi data loss. Rim, how do I send you a proper crash report? It does open a box asking what i saw just before the crash: is this the only way, or is there an "advanced" way?

All the best!

I unfroze a MIDI track and all the MIDI data was gone. Luckily all my songs are garbage so it was no big loss. 
  • But at least we spotted the same bug, so it's probably something Rim can fix with a future update.
  • Opened a bug report in WML forum.
  • edited December 2015
    Seems like I also can't automate IAA cc's.

So I can't manually automate the FabFilter synths and I can't automate IAA synths at all. Unless I'm missing something...
    I just figured out how to draw in the IAA instruments automation. The drop down menu for the cc's was inside the piano roll editor not outside in the edit window where I was looking before. So I can do both of the above mentioned things which is wonderful. Top app!
  • edited December 2015

So I can't manually automate the FabFilter synths and I can't automate IAA synths at all. Unless I'm missing something...
    I just figured out how to draw in the IAA instruments automation. The drop down menu for the cc's was inside the piano roll editor not outside in the edit window were I was looking before. So I can do both of the above mentioned things which is wonderful. Top app!
    Nice to know. But how to delete the automation control points ( blue lines ) as a whole?  I forgot! Single point deleting I have known. Thks
  • Thanks, the best way to file bug reports is to fill out the crash report when it pops up - say something specific in there along with the reason, like you name so I know how to find it.  Then post in the Auria Bug forum.

Rim
  • @Kaikoo said:

I just figured out how to draw in the IAA instruments automation. The drop down menu for the cc's was inside the piano roll editor not outside in the edit window were I was looking before. So I can do both of the above mentioned things which is wonderful. Top app!
    Nice to know. But how to delete the automation control points ( blue lines ) as a whole?  I forgot! Single point deleting I have known. Thks
    I know what you're asking but unfortunately I don't know the answer. I'd like to know too, I accidentally automated the mute button and then after deleting the dots it kept switching back when I pressed it because of the blue line.
  • edited December 2015
    no hurry firejan82, we still in freshmen-ship.
  • @firejan,

To delete automation control points, draw a highlight around them and press the delete button (or go to the Edit menu and press Delete Control Points after you highlighted them).  To draw a highlight you double-tap and drag.

Rim
  • WaveMachineLabs

Thanks Rim

but is it also possible to delete the blue flat line that's left in the automation lane after the control points are deleted so that when we move a knob that was previously automated for example it doesn't always snap back. I know I can turn off the R but maybe I want to keep one knob automated while freely changing the others. I hope that makes sense.
  • @firejan82
    Your selection also needs to include the first dot.

Instructions on how to clear the whole automation of a parameter
       Zoom out to see the whole automation, double tap and hold the press a little bit to
       the right of the last automation point and move the finger left until it is in the gray
       area of the track settings. This selects all automation points. Press delete and
       the whole automation is gone. (The parameter also is no longer highlighted white
       in the parameter list dropdown)

The R on the track can now stay on and you can move this parameter freely again
    without loosing the animation of other kobs / faders.

PS: If you still got a left most / start dot, use the same instructions above to get rid of it :)

PPS: 'Sel All' does currently not work for automation points (as it selects all the other
    data, so delete will kill all...), i'll file a bugreport for that

• @WaveMachineLabs ,Rim what is the suggestive highest buffer size you could set if you have midi in a project
  • @WaveMachineLabs ,Rim what is the suggestive highest buffer size you could set if you have midi in a project
    512 is the maximum that iOS will allow if you are using MIDI.
  • That's right - 512 is the max iOS allows for MIDI, but if there are no MIDI tracks in a project, then you can go up to 4096, like in the original Auria.

Rim
  • @_ki said:
    @firejan82

Zoom out to see the whole automation, double tap and hold the press a little bit to
       the right of the last automation point and move the finger left until it is in the gray
       area of the track settings. This selects all automation points. Press delete and
       the whole automation is gone. (The parameter also is no longer highlighted white

PS: If you still got a left most / start dot, use the same instructions above to get rid of it :)

PPS: 'Sel All' does currently not work for automation points (as it selects all the other

Thanks, I really appreciate it. But that's what I was doing before and it wasn't working. I think it was some kind of bug. I wanted to quicktime video screen capture it to prove it but the old macbook couldn't handle it. Now it seems to have fixed itself. Next time it happens I should film it with iPhone so I don't look like a crazy person.
  • @firejan82
    Don't worry - its enough prove that you say this (left point not included in selection) still happens for you.
    I am used to spurious bugs showing up due to the strangest conditions... I will rety harder to reproduce it :smiley:

A video is always helpful in debuging, you can send it directly to Rim (or via dropbox)

• Question: If I have created a folder and then dragged/dropped a number of projects into it and then wish to edit the name of the folder itself; how so? Feels unbearably bozo-ish on my part, but...
  • @firejan82 said:
    @_ki said:

@firejan82

Thanks, I really appreciate it. But that's what I was doing before and it wasn't working. I think it was some kind of bug. I wanted to quicktime video screen capture it to prove it but the old macbook couldn't handle it. Now it seems to have fixed itself. Next time it happens I should film it with iPhone so I don't look like a crazy person.

I'm also having problems with multiple sections of automation points. They don't light up to show they have been multiply selected when you use the double press and move technique.

I'd like to be able to select a bunch of them and then move them around as a group. @WaveMachineLabs is that possible? And is it possible for you to explain the best method for multiple selection of automation points please?

• Guys, also, anyone know how to quickly select a bunch of notes on the piano roll? @richardyot I bet you have a way of doing this :)

Gotta be a better way than have to hit Multiple Select and then press every single one individually!

• edited December 2015

As with audio, @Matt_Fletcher_2000, double tap somewhere near your notes, swipe and encompass them with the milkyglasslike window.

• Those who read their DAW manuals seven times seven times will enjoy good fortune.
  • Guys, also, anyone know how to quickly select a bunch of notes on the piano roll? @richardyot I bet you have a way of doing this :)

Gotta be a better way than have to hit Multiple Select and then press every single one individually!

Funny that, I was going to post this earlier, but you mentioned the double-tap to draw a marquee thing in another post so I didn't bother, since it looked like you already knew. It's just like @crzycrs says, double-tap and draw the rectangle, then use the "Select Highlighted" button in the toolbar.
  • edited December 2015
    Does the side chaining only work with audio input?
  • Great thread thanks!

• Does the side chaining only work with audio input?
    I think that is the case, yes.
    Thanks. I can work with that. But wasted some time yesterday looking at the Pro C tutorials again thinking I forgot how to do it.
    Thanks. I can work with that. But wasted some time yesterday looking at the Pro C tutorials again thinking I forgot how to do it.

I wonder? The side chaining is on the audio input, maybe? But, what if that audio track is actually empty audio track which has Aux1 on, you chain a midi track to that Aux1 audio track, how that would be?
  • @Kaikoo very clever lateral thinking - that works, you can do via the bussing system. Will post pictures shortly.
  • @WaveMachineLabs said:
    Very few apps generate MIDI.  Only ThumbJam and a few isolated other apps.  They were never made to generate MIDI.

Rim

So why are they showing in the midi track input, if they cannot output midi?