Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Will iMaschine update ever happen?

I think with Audiobus support, background audio, and external and internal virtual midi control over the pads and keyboards would make this a killer app. The drums and instruments are really good and I've taken them out per ifunbox instructions I found on these forums but I would rather not the delete the app and use it in my set up but without an update its not working out. Didn't the audiobus team visit Native Instruments when Audiobus was first being introduced??? Sebastian/Michael any insight on this possibility as well as maybe for Traktor for iPhone/iPad as well? Other updates would be to make it universal for the iPad and make the pads assignable colors or have skins/layers on top that show designs such as shown in the expansion pack store. Just dreaming I guess...

Comments

• NI has a terrible track record with iMachine , such a good App going to waste with lack of support.They keep adding remix packs.

• We should all harass them until they add it.... :D I think what bothers me about it is the fact they continue to add IAP sound packs (just added 2 new ones the other day) but won't update the app it really is a shame.

I've said it before on here, and I'll say it again, drums are the only area I find on iOS that is "lacking" or at least doesn't have one stand out app that's noticeably above the others like we find with synths, daw's, guitars, samples, etc.... You'd think a big (or small) developer would notice this and try to develop an app that fits the bill, combining all the best features of the mediocre ones, along with everything we expect, use great samples, and put out a well designed drum app that steals the show....I've heard rumors some are in the works (or current ones being further developed) but nothing concrete so far...sigh

• I have the foreboding that Native Instruments are working on iMaschine iPad version for breaking the Akai iMPC app....and I hope they meke some feature like the origina Maschine like Chopping Samples, effect, etc.

• edited May 2013

I'm waiting for Stochastik. The Dev is implementing AB support in a couple of weeks. He seems open to additional features. This is a awesome drum app. The Dev of Beat Machine is also adding AB support and other features soon. IMPC samples can be used in both these apps.

• IMO NI is focused more on their DJ app Traktor than iMaschine, It's a great app and they just released their iphone version a few weeks back after having ipad version out a few months. But even Traktor doesnt have AB and Traktor's big competitor is Djay which is AB compatible so I'm thinking that until Traktor gets it, iMaschine won't either.

• I'm waiting on Drums XD. Dev informed me several months ago that he has AB on the roadmap.

• Stochastik is a great app :-)

• Yeah I had also sent Stochastik dev a message asking for AB a few weeks back and he seemed positive.

• Man I'd love to run iMaschine through Turnado and similar apps. But NI adding Audiobus is probably as likely as Apple doing a proper Audiobus implementation for GarageBand...