Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Funk Drummer by Luis Martinez

Comments

• Phrases that you thought you'd forgotten dept.: New Jack Swing.
  • So sorry for my horrible samples, but it is really nice. The effects make it over the top too! The samples sound a lot more crispier too, sort of high def. More detailed for sure than the ones in RDM. 

Will try to get some more examples going.
  • edited December 2015
    More examples would be very kind of you, Thanks!  I have to wait a little longer before jumping on this.
  • @kobamoto said:
    gotta be honest, I really like the brazil/and afro latin apps, but that demo vid is not the vibe I was expecting, sounds more like teddy riley on drums new jack swing rather than funk..... i dunno

I couldn't put my finger on it when I heard it but felt like 'meh'. You totally nailed it. I like Rock Drum Machine a lot so I'm looking forward to TSTR exploration to hear if they're all like that.
    I'm surprised Doug hasn't dropped it on the one already :)
  • edited December 2015
    For the record, I have this app and I don't hear the Teddy Riley at all. The quality of Teddy Riley beats is although he called it "New Jack Swing", it so obviously sounded like the timing of a drum machine and was almost rigid in that way (I have used the word "rigid" way too many times in this thread, hehe). Imo, this app doesn't do that at all, and has a much more real vibe to it, esp. in its swing.
  • @CalCutta said:
    For the record, I have this app and I don't hear the Teddy Riley at all. The quality of Teddy Riley beats is although he called it "New Jack Swing", it so obviously sounded like the timing of a drum machine and was almost rigid in that way (I have used the word "rigid" way too many times in this thread, hehe). Imo, this app doesn't do that at all, and has a much more real vibe to it, esp. in its swing.
    I hear the 'real' vibe you're talking about for sure. It's just that the examples I've heard thus far all have that NJS... swing to them (even if they're less mechanical). Mind, I'm really hoping that I have it incorrectly pigeon holed.
  • I hope the rest is different too, but that beat in the video is definitely  new jack swing, it's not just the mechanicalness of the beat it's the style too, it's not a slant I love teddy riley but I love funk too..... for the record.
  • Hi, thanks for the post. Talking about swing, you can set the level with the slider. Of course, you can completely disable any swing if the slider is on the left. So you can put any swing level for any binary groove. 

And... Yes, I´ll implement Midi on Rock Drum Machine. I'm working on it just now ;)
    Cheers!
  • Wow! Thanks Luis!
    I've been enjoying FD so much. Left a great review dont know I its up yet. But so glad you gave us the update re: RDM.

Any idea if rim shot will be available in RDM someday? Even rockers play soft sometimes... :) o:)

Thnks for great apps and support! :)

@LuisMartinez said:
    Hi, thanks for the post. Talking about swing, you can set the level with the slider. Of course, you can completely disable any swing if the slider is on the left. So you can put any swing level for any binary groove. 

And... Yes, I´ll implement Midi on Rock Drum Machine. I'm working on it just now ;)
    Cheers!

• is there a bundle?
  • I am feeling weak!  Rock drum Machine is so much fun and sounds so good it is hard to imagine this being less with all of the upgrades included!
  • I couldn't decide between Rock or Funk but went with Funk so as to expand my horizons...
  • How is it?

I'll let you know when my roommate stops streaming video and I can get a decent download speed. 
  • This funk app is great, it's like having the logic drummer on my iPad but much better !
  • edited December 2015
    Well I think it's good, I just played along on keyboard for a half hour and I suck at the keyboard. Seems like a nice app to just jam out to, too lazy to hook my guitar up though. 

It certainly plays drums in a way I don't program, feels much more like when I used to jam with human beings. 
  • It looks like it is loaded with patterns
  • edited December 2015
    Look on this page for the rhythm listings and there are also kit listings.  This looks great!  I could not wait!  As I type this verse, it's coming down the plate!  http://www.lumbeat.com/funk-drummer/
  • Wow, this really is all that and then some!  Sounds very live and very good.  And there are tons of patterns.   The effects are very handy as well.
  • I am so loving this qpp

• I have made the demo and it will be uploaded very shortly but it's just as great as Rock Drummer and for me even better, I love funk and this is just soooooo fuuunnkkkkeeeeee,
    dont delay just go and play old ooowwwww uh yo oooohhhhh ooowwww.............and I'm back in the room 
  • @LuisMartinez. Request for a brush drum app for laid back Americana etc. Pretty please?

• @rhcball said "It plays drums in a way that I don't program" - I think this is a key point with these apps, not only getting different feels but it can also fire your imagination.
  • And here is my demo for Funk Drummer

• I thought you might find this one special Doug.  I have heard you mention before your love for funk.   I can see myself gravitating back to this one quite often.
  • Awesome! Thanks Doug! I need to get this soon.
  • Apps like this one are what make iOS so enjoyable for me.  I knew when I saw who made this app I would have to get it.  Thanks Luis.
  • Thank you, Sir Doug!