Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Interface for guitar street jamming

edited May 2013 in General App Discussion

Hey guys,
I'm wondering whether anyone uses the Audiobus and other apps for street jamming? What interface do you use?
I have owned the Apogee Jam for some time but it seems hard to input guitar and vocal at the same time.
I'm now interested in the Apogee ONE which is a guitar interface and a mic. Is it possible to do so with this gear? For example, I guess, link ONE to Ampkit and choose it as an "input" in Audiobus, and choose the mic of ONE (external mic as shown probably) as another "input" in Audiobus, and leave "effect" empty, and directly "output" it to loudspeaker.
Thanks a lot!

Comments

• There's no way to route inputs independently through effects in AB. If you have two iOS devices, you could run the guitar through one, with Ampkit, and the take it's output to your Apogee ONE, add vocals and no effects, so the mix then goes to the speaker.

• edited May 2013

for street music I would use Auria or similar DAW-like app, and a 2-channel interface with a mic input.

• @Phil999 - yes, that would work, but if Ampkit is in the effects slot, the mic and guitar would both be routed through it. You could use the Saturn plug-in in Auria for effects processing on the guitar - distortion mainly, and whatever time based effects you need, but there shouldn't be anything in AB's effects slot.

• edited May 2013

yes, with a DAW and good hardware that provides physical inputs you don't need Audiobus. Like with a computer running OSX or Windows.

• JamUp Pro is available as an IAP in Auria. Saturn would work in a pinch, but isn't as comprehensive.

• Forgot all about JamUp being available in Auria. Good call @MrNezumi.

• Thank you guys! I tried with my JAM today (haven't got ONE yet)and inputed vocal through the headset mic. Ampkit as input, together with mic, leaving effect blank, and output being speaker. The vocal is muted.
    I should consider multitrack apps like you mentioned. Auria is great with Jumup plug-in and is recommended on the Apogee official site.
    Just kind of pricy lol.