Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg DS-10 Now on the iPhone

Ported from the Nintendo DS, now on iOS,
KORG iDS-10 by KORG INC.

Comments

• Awesomesauce

• I just realised I don't even have one device that will run this :D

• @1P18 said:

Wow looks great! I have as Nintendo DS just for the original version but this looks like a big upgrade

• Oh. Apart from the vocoder, does this do anything the iMS20 can't? Need. To. Save. Pennies...

• Strange thing is, I thought this would have come to iOS quite some time ago, unless it was an exclusive licence, at that time, for the DS, I used to 'borrow' my kids NDS, just to mess around with this, had lots of fun, had a great sound for the DS too.
  • oh my, how good is the voice synthesis? 
  • Ok. Same feelings as iElectribe for iPhone. A little bit expensive. Please, KORG, we need a bundle.

• Instabuy! The DS-10 was my first brush with synthesis - I imported the cartridge from Japan after hearing so much about it!
  • Does it sync to MIDI clock?
  • I would get it if it was 'universal' as I don't have a compatible iPhone yet and the 'scaled' apps look horrible on the iPad Air 2. The sequencer is greatly improved compared to the iMS-20...

We can only wish that Korg wakes up and and makes all these new apps 'Gadget Compatible' i would not hesitate to get iDS-10/iMS-20/iPolysix/iElectribe as IAPs for Gadget...
  • @Samu said:
    I would get it if it was 'universal' as I don't have a compatible iPhone yet and the 'scaled' apps look horrible on the iPad Air 2. The sequencer is greatly improved compared to the iMS-20...

We can only wish that Korg wakes up and and makes all these new apps 'Gadget Compatible' i would not hesitate to get iDS-10/iMS-20/iPolysix/iElectribe as IAPs for Gadget...
    +1000
  • edited December 2015
    Downloaded. I've come to realize.....

No Audiobus, No Background Audio, No Virtual Midi, No IAA, No Audio output.

my device is iPad Air 2 iOS 9.1
  • @Kaikoo Is there any way to export audio out from the app part from recording the audio-output?

iDS-10 is done by the same developer as iMS-20 and iYM2151 (detune). Sadly iYM2151 lacks any for of export apart from recording the output.

Somehow I feel Korg is 'testing the waters' regarding dedicated iPhone apps, first iElectribe and now iDS-10...

Hopefully these are just teasers for forthcoming iPad apps :)
  • edited December 2015
    Hard requirements, by the way. Minumin: iPhone 5s. So it ran on Nintendo DS but you need one iPhone 5s (sic).

Weird that if you check it out iElectribe for iPhone requirements it says nothing.

Sorry, but I'll skip this one.
  • @Kaikoo said:
    No Audiobus, No Background Audio, No Virtual Midi, No IAA.
    That's a major bummer, I bought it assuming that it would have the minimum of connectivity with other apps, it's pretty unforgivable to release something in 2015 without IAA at the very least.

They might get some negative reviews on the App Store if they're not careful...
  • If 'santa' brings me an iPhone 6S+ for christmas I might consider getting this...

The synth in iDS-10 seems more capable than Dublin in Gadget and the drums in IDS-10 have more tweakability than Gadgets Tokyo and it's possible to record notes to the sequencer using a Kaospad :)

Most of these type of 'requests' have been forwarded to Korg forums ages ago and there they have been forwarded to the developers, time will tell if we get a serious update to Gadget...
  • edited December 2015
    @Samu,

I can not see any available option to output audio file. There is only a method to send it's session data by email. I didn't see any importing method on how to load external session data. Not quite happy with the way it is. Lonly Island.
  • 1. saw & 1. thought INSTABuy.....
    cause, i love the Nintendo DS since years....
    last session from October with it:

second thought after i look around it.....

WAIT

No Audiobus, No Background Audio, No Virtual Midi, No IAA. Not Universal? @ least iphone 5s?!!!.....what? why?

• edited December 2015

This is a brilliant little program, I don't have a phone that can run it but I will buy it the day I get one that does. Agree that it's a pity that it doesn't have midi etc but maybe they will add audiobus and ableton link soon. Many other Korg apps are getting link

• edited December 2015
    @Kaikoo

Thanks, It's the same as with iElectribe for iPhone then, for now pretty limited.

Hopefully iOS will some day 'scale' apps a little better, the Air 2 has more screen resolution than than iPhone 6S/6S+ so it could I theory run the app without any scaling at all.
  • edited December 2015
    @Samu,

iDS-10 screen resolution on Air 1 is a bit worse than Air 2 from my eye viewing.

On Air 2, it looks  better!

There is voice recorder button and a text input button for vocoder synth. So I guess it can read the voiceto translate the input? No idea, it is new to me.
  • @Kaikoo said:

Insta-no-buy.
  • @monzo ,

great to hear that for Korg to hear on tiny hope.
  • iDS-10 looks 'ok' on Air 2 and it's insanely fun to play with, especially the speech synthesis part. I fell for it, sorry, need more toys  :D

Still would love to see the iDS-10 Synth, Drum and Voice as new 'Gadgets' in Gadget too...
  • @Kaikoo said:

No Audio Output??? You mean, export? Or that there is no audio on your device?

All that other missing stuff, hard to say what Korg is doing. What about AU?

Meh, I've come to accept the lack of commitment by developers on iOS, and the lack of any real solid standards. It just goes with the territory.
  • @1P18 said:
    @Kaikoo said:

No Audio Output??? You mean, export? Or that there is no audio on your device?

All that other missing stuff, hard to say what Korg is doing. What about AU?

Meh, I've come to accept the lack of commitment by developers on iOS, and the lack of any real solid standards. It just goes with the territory.
    No audio file output, there is just no button for you to do!
  • Negative review posted on the App store. It's a dirty tactic admittedly but it's usually the best way to nudge unresponsive developers into taking action.
  • edited December 2015
    I do not know their Korg mindsets. Is there any evidence on stat to improve thier product demand elasticity by lacking of important functions?

Small eye!