Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2?

with the imminent release of Auria pro has there been any news or speculation as to what may be included in Cubasis 2.  Getting close to Xmas and trying to work out how many I tunes vouchers I need to ask for?  ;-)

Comments

• I didn't even know that a Cubasis2 had been mooted....
  • Steinberg usually stay very tight lipped about what is in their next versions.
  • edited November 2015
    There is no Cubasis 2.  Perhaps the next update is what you heard rumors of?  Cubasis is very stable already.
  • Steinberg confirmed more than one time that they are releasing a version two of cubasis.Nobody knows whats included though.The only info that is more or less confirmed:you have to pay for the upgrade (but thats pretty obvious i guess)
  • Crabman said:
    Steinberg confirmed more than one time that they are releasing a version two of cubasis.Nobody knows whats included though.The only info that is more or less confirmed:you have to pay for the upgrade (but thats pretty obvious i guess)
    Where did you hear that? Lars from Cubasis said on this forum that it will most likely be free.
  • maybe it will also have midi???? :p
  • Maybe including a synth this time?
  • From a fairly typical business perspective it wouldn't be a surprise if one of the other 'big' DAWs tried to steal some thunder/deflect attention/retain loyalty from APro by releasing a deal/update, but I'm not convinced this market is as strategic as that.
  • Daddy always said, "Never look a gift horse in the mouth".
  • Crabman said:
    Steinberg confirmed more than one time that they are releasing a version two of cubasis.Nobody knows whats included though.The only info that is more or less confirmed:you have to pay for the upgrade (but thats pretty obvious i guess)
    Steinberg are constantly releasing updates for Cubasis,  they are at 1.9.7 at the moment so 2.0 is inevitable soon.  My guess is that v2.0 will be free as usual for updates, but that there may be additional functionality released by IAP.

My reason for thinking this is that they added IAP a couple of updates ago,  and have recently released LE which has locked out functionality, so they now have the architecture in place for locking functionality and unlocking it upon IAP.
    The reason is say 'may be' and not 'will be' a charge is that they do not always charge when they could,  the recent MiniSampler that was included could have easily been an IAP but wasn't. Nanologue was free as well.

What the next release(s) will include is anybody's guess, they seldom give any clues as to what they are doing until it is ready. The only time I can think of was when the videos for automation went up before the update was out.

• I hope a Cubasis update will remain competitive with Auria Pro when it is released. AU support, MIDI Learn, Link compatibilty, iPad Pro layout optimization, better track zooming, improved MIDI editing, etc. I am sure you can think of other essential features needed in Cubasis to remain competitive?
  • bsantoro said:
    I hope a Cubasis update will remain competitive with Auria Pro when it is released. AU support, MIDI Learn, Link compatibilty, iPad Pro layout optimization, better track zooming, improved MIDI editing, etc. I am sure you can think of other essential features needed in Cubasis to remain competitive?
    • Audio warping
    • Smaller unit size for editing audio
    In the end I think the whole 'pipeline to cubase' philosophy will hold it back from striving to be an all in one solution.  Long live Rim!
  • AudioGus said
    In the end I think the whole 'pipeline to cubase' philosophy will hold it back from striving to be an all in one solution.  Long live Rim!
    I don't really understand why there is so little information about what to expect in future updates from a company as big as Steinburg, they always used to be the benchmark for others to follow.  I really do hope that the writers arent holding its possibilities back (within the constraints of the iPad) because of constraints of its big brother.  It's always nice to have some little teasers to get excited about! ;-)
    interested to see what Auria pro is going to do and how it wil affect how other  apps update to stay competitive. :-)

• @bsantoro said:
    I hope a Cubasis update will remain competitive with Auria Pro when it is released. AU support, MIDI Learn, Link compatibilty, iPad Pro layout optimization, better track zooming, improved MIDI editing, etc. I am sure you can think of other essential features needed in Cubasis to remain competitive?

I would also like to see the arranger track, that was very useful in my Cubase PC days.
    I would also happily pay for new machines within Cubasis:
    Better sampler with options for sound font support etc
    Drum machine/sampler
    More fx units

With the advent of the iPad pro could we see the main daws being ported over to it! That's a lot of iTunes vouchers for xmas! Lol :-)

• edited December 2015
    @Nu2moro said:

I would also like to see the arranger track, that was very useful in my Cubase PC days.

Yeah I would like to see this,  I requested this ages ago on the Steinberg forum as well as more MIDI editing tools,  as per another thread on this forum - Half/Double tempo,  Midi simulated delay (automatic doubling of notes with reduced velocity) etc...
  • I wonder who will be the first iOS DAW with MPE Midi. (and the first iOS synth of course too).
    Then there are mysterious DAW's like NanoStudio 2 and BeatMaker 3 (i think BM3 will win out for me since it seems to be the only crossplatform DAW).

• @Cinebient BM3 is going to be cross platform?

• @syrupcore said:
    @Cinebient BM3 is going to be cross platform?

Hope so! Need that to work on phone when my wife keeps taking away my ipad!! :-)

• edited December 2015

@Cinebient BM3 is going to be cross platform?

At least Intua said this via facebook (or twitter) a while ago that it will be for iOS and OSX (not sure about a windows). I also think they make an iPhone version (not sure). That would make BM3 the ultimate crossplatform DAW and that is a major plus for me!
    Edit: Here is even a thread about it ;)
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/9840/beatmaker-3-coming-to-osx
  • edited December 2015
    In terms of temporal space and general dimensionality I think we as a forum collective need to redefine the word soon.
  • I am thinking once Auria gets up to speed with Cubasis on the midi and synth stuff the guys over at Steinberg will have a few surprises up their sleeves for us.  Should be a fun winter anyway.
  • I've been a fan of Steinburg since the pro 24 days so have seen how massively things have improved from the early days! I know the iPads don't have the raw power of a desktop but im hoping done of the functional nuances get included in cubasis at some point. Even some of the simpler things such as the transport control functionality. Not knocking it though as its a very good app, but more wants more!! ;-)

• @Nu2moro said:

I've been a fan of Steinburg since the pro 24 days so have seen how massively things have improved from the early days! I know the iPads don't have the raw power of a desktop but im hoping done of the functional nuances get included in cubasis at some point. Even some of the simpler things such as the transport control functionality. Not knocking it though as its a very good app, but more wants more!! ;-)

Completely agree,  It was Steinberg who made in-the-box PC music production viable with their inventions of ASIO and VST.  Halion was/is an awesome software based sampler,  they started the amp sim revolution with Warp VST, They created VST System Link that allowed  VST hosts like V Stack to run VST's with audio sync on a second PC, They would not put their name to something unless they were serious about it, so they ARE serious about Cubasis and as a company they know what they are doing.

Apart from a few niggles, Cubasis is a quality product.  
    It has suffered, and is not alone in this, in some areas but not due to Steinberg necessarily but due to limitaions within iOs (e.g. IAA with no proper standards, MIDICLK not working properly) and limitations with touch as an interface, i.e touching the point of interest (a note in a piano roll) means you cover it up with your finger so cannot see smaller objects.

As Cubasis is the host for lots of other 3rd party apps,  if there are issues it is Cubasis that gets the blame,  Same thing i would imagine for AB,  if an app doesn't behave in AB, then AB initially gets the blame.

I have every faith that Cubasis will remain as one of, if not THE, best DAW on iOS.
  • LFSLFS
    edited December 2015
    Hi all,

Thanks for bringing up this constructive and interesting discussion!

You might have guessed it already, as usual I will not share too much details about the upcoming Cubasis release.
    The next update focusses on some nice feature additions and will not have a "2" in front (although we're running out of version numbers for quite some time unfortunately...;)

The update will be free for existing users.

Best,
    Lars
  • It is nice to not be charged extra for a (pro) version.  Kudos.
  • edited December 2015
    @LFS said:
    Hi all,

You might have guessed it already, as usual I will not share too much details about the upcoming Cubasis release.
    The next update focusses on some nice feature additions and will not have a "2" in front (although we're running out of version numbers for quite some time unfortunately...;)

Best,
    Lars
    Thanks for the info Lars good to hear from you again :smile: 

Now we can all start playing the Guess what the 'nice feature additions'  might be game... :smiley: 
  • edited December 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    In terms of temporal space and general dimensionality I think we as a forum collective need to redefine the word soon.

Can we also get a definition on "imminent" and "Spring"? :#

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Can we also get a definition on "imminent" and "Spring"? :#

Imminent - Phrase uttered by marvel superhero, recently immortalised in film, when he realised the superpowers he had

Spring - Word describing the natural sound produced when getting over excited using an LPK25

Soon - At some point past the present moment,  but definitely but now.
  • @LFS said:

well, if you jump from 1.9.9 to 2.0, it is technically the same small increment as jumping from 1.9.8 to 1.9.9

• @LFS said:
    Hi all,

Best,
    Lars

Thanks for keeping us somewhat looped etc. and looking forward to the results of your continuing efforts.