Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Glitchbreaks - Please post experiences

Wondering if anyone's put this app through its AudioBus paces....

Comments

• Is it true there is no midi clock? If so, I can't see how it would be useable

• GB is totally usable without MIDI sync. Two ways come to mind:

1) Recording loops into loopy. So long as they're at the same tempo triggering a loop in GB should record as a full loop in loopy. It will likely be out of time but you can use loopy's two-finger twist to line it back up to the one. Err on the side of starting GB early so that there's no blank space in the loopy loop.

2) go nuts in GB and record the whole session to multitrack. Then, like, add stuff. GB's quantize and 'reset' buttons should save you from yourself.

• I've use Glitchbreaks -> Loopy, it works just fine. Add some synth loops and you're in business. This is my first attempt: