Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cyclop on iPad 3? Is it worthwhile?

Hi all,
just thinking of grabbing this to turn my iPad 3 into a standalone module for reason7. Cyclop is the synth I want most for this but I'm worried I'm going to get sound breakups and glitches running it on iPad3. Anyone confirm how stable it is? Thanks!

Comments

• Oh well just went to buy it and the price is back up to full price again.. Welp.. That's what I get for procrastinating 
  • If I get a chance, and remember, (and if it works on ios7) I'll install it in Monzo Jnr's ipad2 and see if it works on there, and it'll help you decide when it's next on sale. I paid full price though, no regrets it's a great synth.
  • monzo said:
    If I get a chance, and remember, (and if it works on ios7) I'll install it in Monzo Jnr's ipad2 and see if it works on there, and it'll help you decide when it's next on sale. I paid full price though, no regrets it's a great synth.
    Thanks Monzo. I know it's great, but if it doesn't run well (like so many apps on the sluggish ipad3) then it probably isn't worth me getting. I am trying to keep a budget on all this music spending :(
  • MirEko said:
    monzo said:
    If I get a chance, and remember, (and if it works on ios7) I'll install it in Monzo Jnr's ipad2 and see if it works on there, and it'll help you decide when it's next on sale. I paid full price though, no regrets it's a great synth.
    Thanks Monzo. I know it's great, but if it doesn't run well (like so many apps on the sluggish ipad3) then it probably isn't worth me getting. I am trying to keep a budget on all this music spending :(
    I know the feeling - I spent too much over the weekend, and last few months! I've read the performance of the ipad 3 isn't that much different to the ipad 2 so it should be a good test.
  • I experienced some intermittent glitches running it on my iPad4. Fixed with a restart but doesn't bode well for older models.

• 1nsomniak said:
    I experienced some intermittent glitches running it on my iPad4. Fixed with a restart but doesn't bode well for older models.

Similar issues on my ipad4. It's such a beautiful monster so I will persevere on 4 until Santa gently drops a newer machine down my chimney stack. Yeah, right!
  • mh, just bought it (it's still on sale till Tuesday morning), and I'm quite impressed! Lots of character and more versatile than I had thought. Very inviting interface as well!
  • edited November 2015
    i found a good thing to do initialy was go through the presets and rate them on usability.  Wish more apps had this feature.
  • I've been trying to find my old iPad so I can test it on there but Monzo Jnr's had it and can't remember where he left it. Grrr...
  • I'm still on the fence
  • I am using on iPad Air and its a monster, there are some the presets that put quite a stress on my iPad but as @AudioGus said you could go through and rate whats usable on your machine.
  • I've started using Cyclop a lot recently, it sounds wicked powered by TC-Data. Still mucks me about in Audiobus sometimes though.

• is tc-data easy to use now or do you still have to do allot of setup like when it first came out?