Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps sleeping. Various weirdness in iOS9? AB update?

I have used AB with Audio Reverb, various AUFX apps, iReal Pro, Multitrack DAW, and an external microphone for about a year.  I didn't use the music apps for a few months, and, I suppose most of the apps and maybe the iOS have updated since then.  Now when I try to use my old setups I get all kinds of problems.  I hate the way the apps ask to open other apps.  I understand now that this is an iOS9 problem.  I also get AB crashing out (completely) if I disconnect the Lightning interface microphone.  I also get weird feedback loops where there should be no feedback loops.  Closing Audio Reverb usually solves this problem.  I also use AudioShare (by the author of AUFX) to mix stripes in AB, and Tonal Energy Tuner.  When I use AudioShare, I cannot get Audio Reverb to output the wet effect.  And, Tonal Energy Tuner seems to be a total wreck, I can't get anything out of it in AB.  If I use AudioShare to mix stripes, I cannot get signal in Multitrack DAW even though the input shows AudioShare as the input source through AB.  Also, as I switch back and forth between apps, and then back to AB, it shows some apps as sleeping and asks to "tap to launch."  I switch to the app, and then back to AB, and the app has gone to "sleep" again.

Basically, nothing works the way it used to, and, the system as a whole is so f&cked up compared to what it was six months ago that I almost can't use it.  I can say that if AB and the related apps behaved this way when I got involved last year I would have never continued.  What happened?  This whole constellation of apps revolutionized the way I practice music.  But, now it's just frustrating.  Any clue as to what may have changed?  Are these common problems with known solutions?

Kokomodo

Comments

• What hapenned is Ios9.
    its a shame it messed up your system and i think many many people have had the same problems.
    ensure you update all your apps as most are now supposedly fixed for 9.
    other than that i dont know what to say!

good luck.
  • Please contact me directly via our support system so I can troubleshoot this better. In the mean time.... try rebooting your device, it solves about 90% of all audio problems on iOS.

We'd still suggest rebooting to people on Audiobus' first startup but App Review won't let us because that would hint at  iOS not being perfect (lol).
  • I found deleting and reinstalling Audiobus improved my experience immensely after I updated to iOS 9 
  • Thanks for the help.  Audiobus support has always been excellent.  I will post any solutions we find that may be relevant to other users.
  • Maybe I should bounce back to AB cuz IAA has been crash city lately. FL on the desktop has been crashing like crazy too, maybe I need to go off the grid. 
  • I've had AB strangeness with Turnado in fx slot and Elastic Drums loaded as input. I usually have Audioshare in the Output slot, but in this case it makes no difference to the problem. Elastic drums will play fine, then when I load Turnado, the sound will pop, then no sound. Unload everything in AB then reload makes no difference. I get no sound output from anything then loaded into AB. I have to restart the iPad Air2 iOS 9.1
  • @gsm909 said:
    I've had AB strangeness with Turnado in fx slot and Elastic Drums loaded as input. I usually have Audioshare in the Output slot, but in this case it makes no difference to the problem. Elastic drums will play fine, then when I load Turnado, the sound will pop, then no sound. Unload everything in AB then reload makes no difference. I get no sound output from anything then loaded into AB. I have to restart the iPad Air2 iOS 9.1
    I've had this problem with certain apps since I bought my Air2. So I don't think it's an iOS 9 problem specifically. I find loading Turnado first helps. It may click and lose sound, but once it does load properly, then it seems to continue to work ok in AB. Certain apps also seem to bring the sound back, strange but true!
  • I've been drilling my set up for months now and it is reliable but occasionally something happens and I get 'bonjour registration' message to '....is reporting error state'. They always go away after a hard reboot (hold home and on buttons together).

My iPad is also always in fight mode but I use this one exclusively for music so understand if that isn't possible in your case.
  • Interesting @Fruitbat1919 in my case is exactly the opposite. I have to start turnado last or it won't make a sound.