Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ThumbJam driven.....

Emotional Cello (a Kontakt library) and an some Omnisphere strings performed via ThumbJam on my iPhone 5......
Just for fun....

Indeed, anyone knows how to set velocity switches via ThumbJam live perfomance.... is it possible?

Comments

• Terrific, I don't imagine the sound quality of that Cello library can be produced on any iOS app, I have been enjoying your music posts, so thanks for sharing.

• Pretty. Very. Reminds one again just how much strings have been used by Hollywood...

• Thank´s: here is a one minute piece with just one (from about 50) articulations and a few velocity switches (in this case portamento glide). I was trying to do this via ThumbJam but i could´nt figure out how to switch velocity while playing. So i performed it just on the macbook keyboard ;)

• Wow Can you tell me how you connect your iPad to Computer?  Thats great would love to Use my IPad with absynth for example 
  • Wow Can you tell me how you connect your iPad to Computer?  Thats great would love to Use my IPad with absynth for example 
    What kind of computer/OS do you have? Do you currently have a MIDI interface for your iPad and/or your computer?

• Indeed, anyone knows how to set velocity switches via ThumbJam live perfomance.... is it possible?

What do you mean by velocity switches? You can set the X-Axis to send velocity. Go to edit->controls->volume. By default, that sends velocity. I'm not sure if you can set the range (though that's probably what the 'Min' slider does—sets the bottom of the range). You might also want to send volume (Prefs->MIDI Control->Output options) because velocity only affects note-start whereas you can use volume to adjust the note while it's being held (which is what you hear when you swipe your finger around or turn your phone with internal thumbjam sounds).

For the X-axis stuff, it would be cool, particularly on the iPhone, to be able to set the tines to full width velocity control; instead of making the center 127, make one side 0 (or the min) and the other side 127. 
  • Both tracks have beautiful sounds, @Cinebient ! Doug (Soundtestroom) Woods used some Omnisphere sounds on our albums too! Lovely sounds - especially good for choir and vocal sounds that we used :)

• Indeed, anyone knows how to set velocity switches via ThumbJam live perfomance.... is it possible?

What do you mean by velocity switches? You can set the X-Axis to send velocity. Go to edit->controls->volume. By default, that sends velocity. I'm not sure if you can set the range (though that's probably what the 'Min' slider does—sets the bottom of the range). You might also want to send volume (Prefs->MIDI Control->Output options) because velocity only affects note-start whereas you can use volume to adjust the note while it's being held (which is what you hear when you swipe your finger around or turn your phone with internal thumbjam sounds).

For the X-axis stuff, it would be cool, particularly on the iPhone, to be able to set the tines to full width velocity control; instead of making the center 127, make one side 0 (or the min) and the other side 127. 
    I mean i want to change f.e. from 2 fixed velocity values via keyswitch. I know it should be all possible with ThumbJam but i have some trouble to map all the things. And some AU seems to work different etc. with the same settings.
    Time to unbox my seaboard rise (and my new headphones).... christmas is coming early this year :smiley: 
    But too tired.... tomorrow! 

• Both tracks have beautiful sounds, @Cinebient ! Doug (Soundtestroom) Woods used some Omnisphere sounds on our albums too! Lovely sounds - especially good for choir and vocal sounds that we used :)
    Thx, yes Omnisphere has really great choirs. Version 2 comes also with fantastic (and some well known) phrases from all around the world. Def. the best sound sources in any synth!
  • edited December 2015
    @Cinebient You could split the screen in TJ and then use different velocity settings for each. In that same Edit->Controls screen you can set the velocity/volume to 'fixed'.
  • I have a windowa 7 PC and a Camera connection kit