Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AD 480 Pro?

I see this is at a relatively decent sale price (7.99 from 14.99). I have the basic version and have accumulated pretty much all of the other reverby (technical term) apps over recent years, but the Big Expensive Version of this has always nagged at me. Surely it must be special?

Worth the punt? Or better to hold on tight (a first)?

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I see this is at a relatively decent sale price (7.99 from 14.99). I have the basic version and have accumulated pretty much all of the other reverby (technical term) apps over recent years, but the Big Expensive Version of this has always nagged at me. Surely it must be special?

Worth the punt? Or better to hold on tight (a first)?

Same boat as you.

• One of the greatest of all greatest!

• My go to reverb, love it. :)

• This is very tempting. Is it right that you can have 3 versions of it on your device at once? It says on the website that all versions, free, basic and pro get upgraded to pro when you buy pro. (I think that makes sense)

• edited November 2015

Ok now I am interested... or at least more curious... hmmm, although I am sure Auria Pro has some snazzy verbs. 8)

@Jocphone said:
    This is very tempting. Is it right that you can have 3 versions of it on your device at once? It says on the website that all versions, free, basic and pro get upgraded to pro when you buy pro. (I think that makes sense)

• edited November 2015

@AudioGus said:
    Ok now I am interested...

@Jocphone said:
    This is very tempting. Is it right that you can have 3 versions of it on your device at once? It says on the website that all versions, free, basic and pro get upgraded to pro when you buy pro. (I think that makes sense)

Ah, maybe you have to buy basic and pro, according to the website:

Dynamic Upgrade (all present versions of the AD 480 on your iDevice are automatically upgraded to the highest version installed, i.e. if you have AD 480 free, basic and pro installed, they all become pro!)

Still, bit of a bargain..

Edit: And it's universal.

• @Jocphone said:

I have Pro version, there is a price tag on my store for Basic.

• @Kaikoo said:

@Jocphone said:

So if you install the free version is it also upgraded to Pro? Meaning that you would have two AD 480 Pros to use at the same time?

• @Jocphone said:

@Kaikoo said:

@Jocphone said:

So if you install the free version is it also upgraded to Pro? Meaning that you would have two AD 480 Pros to use at the same time?

I use both Pro and Free. The presets are mutual shared.

• @Kaikoo said:

@Jocphone said:

@Kaikoo said:

@Jocphone said:

OK good, so does the Free version give you the same features as the Pro version?

• @Jocphone said:

@Kaikoo said:

@Jocphone said:

@Kaikoo said:

@Jocphone said:

OK good, so does the Free version give you the same features as the Pro version?

@Jocphone,

Yes, man!

• @Kaikoo said:

@Jocphone said:

@Kaikoo said:

@Jocphone said:

@Kaikoo said:

@Jocphone said:

@Jocphone,

Yes, man!

Awesome work Sir! Thanks for verifying that.

• Just want to give a shout out to this reverb. I picked it up in the sale and did a little side by side with a few other iOS reverbs last night. To these big ears it sounds very very good. You can trial it as well so check it out for yourselves. Another desktop pedigree plugin that has come over to iOS.

• @gusgranite said:
    Just want to give a shout out to this reverb. I picked it up in the sale and did a little side by side with a few other iOS reverbs last night. To these big ears it sounds very very good. You can trial it as well so check it out for yourselves. Another desktop pedigree plugin that has come over to iOS.

Yeah did the same. Pretty impressive depth and detail on some of the spaces. I’ll probably still reach for my AU verbs in mot cases just because it’s easy, but if this were AU it would be top of the line.

• For me,still the best reverb on ios !!

• at least it's the most dense and 'warm' sounding, very unique - definitely a must-have if you're into reverb.
    My chief weapon for adding a convincing room to (any) guitar amp sim.
    There's a thread about a cover of Pink Floyds 'Time', where the intro reverb is just too crystal-clear in sound - the AD480 would fit perfectly in that special case.

The parameters are (strangely) depending on specific settings, so if you pick a preset that basically fits, tweak the faders (size/time) for tiny amounts - it can make a significant difference. Improvement depends on source material, there's no fixed rule.

• couldn’t you just EQ the reverb?