Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Attack Drums 1.1.2 update out now 11/26/2015

edited November 2015 in General App Discussion

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/attack-drums/id956450390?mt=8

fix critical Midi bug

iPad Pro ready

minor bug fixes

Audiobus SDK 2.3

Comments

• Thanks. I just updated now and I'm gonna test it out with Cubasis... Fingers crossed.

• @Rich303 said:
    Thanks. I just updated now and I'm gonna test it out with Cubasis... Fingers crossed.

Feels like a Saturday night, nothing doing, will hunker down and wait for your report Sergeant...

• I guess I will give it a go on the Guinea Pad...

• A cursory test in Cubasis shows Attack is receiving midi from cubasis on my mini2 in ios 9.1. Shame they had to bail on Inter App Audio Instrument support. Maybe Auria Pro midi support will make it worthwhile for me as cubasis midi editing is like... trying to gouge your eye out... with a spoon... during an earthquake, err, something.

• edited November 2015

After a few minutes while using with Cubasis, it's still triggering sounds with the sequencer stopped. At first, I thought if I bring Cubasis's transport back to 1.1.1 that it would stop doing that. But that only lasted for a minute and Attack is being triggered once again on it's own while the sequencer is stopped. The only MIDI settings I have assigned in Attack is Cubasis clock out and Attack clock in. I really need to know if anyone else is having this problem with Attack and Cubasis or with any other DAW.
    Also, I noticed that while stopping the tansport in Cubasis and continuing at the position I left off, Attack will stutter and sound all it's drums, then catch up by the next bar. Repeating this process will throw the timing off completly after a few times, which I confirmed while using the metronome in Cubasis. Anyone else have this issue?

• @AudioGus said:
    A cursory test in Cubasis shows Attack is receiving midi from cubasis on my mini2 in ios 9.1. Shame they had to bail on Inter App Audio Instrument support. Maybe Auria Pro midi support will make it worthwhile for me as cubasis midi editing is like... trying to gouge your eye out... with a spoon... during an earthquake, err, something.

I'm also running an iPad Mini 2 with iOS 9.1 with the same issues. I'm not sure if it's a problem with Cubasis or not. But I hope to find out soon because the note triggering is driving me nuts. I hope someone else will test Attack with Multitrack Studio in order to determine where the problem is coming from, and I hope Auria Pro gets released soon as well.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Rich303 said:
    Thanks. I just updated now and I'm gonna test it out with Cubasis... Fingers crossed.

Feels like a Saturday night, nothing doing, will hunker down and wait for your report Sergeant...

Yeah it's one of those nights. I'd rather stay home than go out partying like a rockstar on Thanksgiving Eve. But anyway, the note triggering problem and the MIDI timing problems are still ongoing while using in Cubasis. However, I'm learning to be patient since Waldorf seem to be more active trying to get rid of the bugs.

• @Rich303 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Rich303 said:

Yeah it's one of those nights. I'd rather stay home than go out partying like a rockstar on Thanksgiving Eve. But anyway, the note triggering problem and the MIDI timing problems are still ongoing while using in Cubasis. However, I'm learning to be patient since Waldorf seem to be more active trying to get rid of the bugs.

'preciate your insight. Be interesting when more talented fellers than me run it through MTS etc to see if your Cubasis annoyance is more widespread....

• I try both Cubasis and MTS. I failed to record any midi notes into DAWs. can not help, exhausted.

• No problem Johnny. It's too bad that I had to deliver bad news. But at least AudioGus confirmed the same thing and I know I'm not going crazy. What are you using as a DAW? Do you have any other apps to test it with via IAA? I really wanna know if this is a Cubasis issue before I mention anything to Steinberg.

• @Rich303 said:
    No problem Johnny. It's too bad that I had to deliver bad news. But at least AudioGus confirmed the same thing and I know I'm not going crazy. What are you using as a DAW? Do you have any other apps to test it with via IAA? I really wanna know if this is a Cubasis issue before I mention anything to Steinberg.

Cubasis IAA audio driving Attack without stopping is fine (with clock).

• @Kaikoo said:

@Rich303 said:
    No problem Johnny. It's too bad that I had to deliver bad news. But at least AudioGus confirmed the same thing and I know I'm not going crazy. What are you using as a DAW? Do you have any other apps to test it with via IAA? I really wanna know if this is a Cubasis issue before I mention anything to Steinberg.

Omce you stop it and press play to resume where it stopped a few times, it will go out of sync with the metronome.

• @Rich303 said:

@Kaikoo said:

@Rich303 said:

Omce you stop it and press play to resume where it stopped a few times, it will go out of sync with the metronome.

That is why saying carefully.

• This is a great Improvement, Attack now fixed with Patterning midi and I can now use Attack A and B ports or Patterning port.

Tested in MTS, definitely can trigger notes, but not sure if selected mode and everything is working properly, need to try it out more.

• @helmutmaria said:
    Working now on iPad Pro. No place anymore for elbows ;-) https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/10975/attack-needs-update-for-ipad-pro#latest

Hehe! :sunglasses:

• So is all good ? Been holding off air2 ios 9.1 for fear of failure :neutral:

• @Paul16 said:
    So is all good ? Been holding off air2 ios 9.1 for fear of failure :neutral:

Have a look at what I posted last night. There's still some issues using it in Cubasis. I'm looking forward to hear from other users that have tried it with Multitrack Studio in order to isolate the problem before sending bug reports to anyone.

• I haven't spent any quality time with Attack ever since it starting crashing at the splash screen.

I am not a power user (in life generally perhaps), but an hour re-acquainting myself with the simple matter of How It Works (now it does) reminds me of the positive feeling I had when it first came out.

I'm probably not going to be midifying it left and right, just developing kits internally and bringing in sounds (mostly vox) to mangle/add sauce. Within that restriction/context there's still a hell of lot to be done here.

It feels jigsawish (technical term) and would take some steady concentration on my part to piece the pieces together, not maybe my strong point, as I prefer the feel/intuitive approach to noise, but still.

I'm pretty sure this could fill the right someone's stocking.