Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy HD initial loop timing shenanigans (playing Sunrizer)

I posted this on the Discchord website's comments thread for Audiobus, but I suppose it better belongs here!

Michael, is there a way to set the record function for Loopy in the Audiobus control panel to make it only start recording the initial loop when you first strike the keyboard in, say, Sunrizer? Or to set the bar length for that initial loop? Maybe I'm missing an option. Obviously this isn't a problem for subsequent loops, but I'm having a bit of trouble exactly synchronising when I start playing that first loop!

Comments

• Hey Michael,

Sound-triggered record is something on my todo list in Loopy, but it's not quite there yet. Let me put another notch beside that todo item, though!

Don't forget you can use Loopy's count-in system though - set a tempo, then tap the record button to prime it, and it'll come in at the next clock cycle.
  • Great! Thanks, Michael. :)
  • Sound triggered recording would be very nice. Hope it can happen.
  • Yep, that would further improve the workflow. Anyways: guys, this is amazing, I'm still excited as a baby, and I think this will be my mood for weeks to come, with all the other apps becoming AB compatible!!!
  • Hi folks,

Congrats on the exciting new product!

The triggering issues with Loopy has been the biggest snag for me so far. IMHO, you might want to make more people aware it's not "quite there" yet, so we just go straight to Loopy to set the tempo first.

I really spent a lot of time trying unsuccessfully to do it all using the Record button button in the Audionbus side tray, and I bet others will also.

Anyway, I'm definitely staying tuned in.

Cheers,
    -- Joe

• Idea for possible interim solution: bind MIDI note "on" to Loopy's record control? I haven't gotten this to work yet, but maybe someone else can.