Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does anybody know what's happening with the development of Vidibox?

Is it still being developed?

Comments

• Good question, the dev has posted on here before, @PeteVidibox

Hope it is, very cool app! Loved how it could be MIDI-triggered.

• what's vidiboxes's closest competition?

• I mailed the dev back on August and told me that they are working on it , but I think they abandoned the app.

• I dont know any others that allow midi triggering. Looks abandond but everything still works for me on 8. It would be great to see an update. I like the editing, dropbox import, video effect x/y pads. So much potential to be a Pro tool.

• yep, seems like they should be going full steam on this one.

• Hey all,

Amaury, VB head here. First, I really appreciate your sustained interest for the project.

Vidibox development is not abandoned. We have been delayed a lot and I am sorry for this. VB development and maintenance is hard, because the engine is high performance and as close to the hardware as we can get.

I'd like to know what you guys would like to see in a future update and I'll do my best to push it as soon as I possibly can.

Amaury

• edited November 2015

Wow good morning and nice to see you here, I would love to be able to slice up an audiophile into equal parts and also the option of using transient detection. 2. be able to assign those slices to the slots, and 3. have a page where you can just drag n drop the audio around the video pads but the video stays in place, away to quickly swap out audio for this pad and that pad like moving chess pieces around the board but it's audio.

video fx, transistions... old stuff like old pbs and school science film transitions etc... also video glitching fx galore!

will be back later for more

• @billaboop, add the option for 16:9 video format; both 1080p and 720p. Then be able to output to an hdtv using Apple TV Airplay (full-screen; no black bars on sides, top or bottom).

• @billaboop said:
    Hey all,

Amaury, VB head here. First, I really appreciate your sustained interest for the project.

Vidibox development is not abandoned. We have been delayed a lot and I am sorry for this. VB development and maintenance is hard, because the engine is high performance and as close to the hardware as we can get.

I'd like to know what you guys would like to see in a future update and I'll do my best to push it as soon as I possibly can.

Amaury

Hi. Amaury, any new updates on the vidibox? Is it possible to release an update which will only address some glitches? (For example), when I click on camera roll, sometimes I see the thumbs, other times thumbs are all black, any ideas? Also, it is no longer possible to just import from AudioShare, from the main screen, so, one has to go to the AudioShare and share it from there. Please don’t say you have abandoned it, it is a great app, now people may use it way more than in 2015 / just my two pence

• VB is a great app, and even though I now have LumaFusion, I’d love to see VB updated. Would happily do my bit to assist this via IAP’s.

• @Zen210507 said:
    VB is a great app, and even though I now have LumaFusion, I’d love to see VB updated. Would happily do my bit to assist this via IAP’s.

+1

• Falling that, there should be Samplebot - video version!
    On a more serious note, Samplebot reminds me of Vidibox in a sense that is quick and intuitive, but Vidibox is designed even better. It’s a shame that the dev didn’t tweak these few glitches, like the one I am having with camera roll being thumb-blacked.

• @Zen210507 said:
    VB is a great app, and even though I now have LumaFusion, I’d love to see VB updated. Would happily do my bit to assist this via IAP’s.

The only thing is, Lumafusion is a totally different beast. What I like about Vidibox is that it is, in essence, a video drum pad. You can actually play your vids like they are beats. That is what I love about it. Is there anything similar out there? Anyone?

• I bought something called 'Madpad' a few years back (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/madpad-hd-remix-your-life/id460309682?mt=8) but as with Vidibox the dev's lost interest and abandoned it.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I bought something called 'Madpad' a few years back (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/madpad-hd-remix-your-life/id460309682?mt=8) but as with Vidibox the dev's lost interest and abandoned it.

Thanks, this does look like it is doing a similar job, but the reviews are pretty bad in terms of crashing and the rest. Did/do you have a similar experience?As for Vidibox I just cannot understand why would someone abandon such a great app. It is - almost - working perfectly. He just needs to update the Dropbox and AudioShare support he already had +. Few minor glitches a mentioned above. No need for some super extra features since there is hardly anything like it on the market. Oh well....

• @zhoe said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I bought something called 'Madpad' a few years back (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/madpad-hd-remix-your-life/id460309682?mt=8) but as with Vidibox the dev's lost interest and abandoned it.

Thanks, this does look like it is doing a similar job, but the reviews are pretty bad in terms of crashing and the rest. Did/do you have a similar experience?As for Vidibox I just cannot understand why would someone abandon such a great app. It is - almost - working perfectly. He just needs to update the Dropbox and AudioShare support he already had +. Few minor glitches a mentioned above. No need for some super extra features since there is hardly anything like it on the market. Oh well....

I haven’t used it since it first came out. It didn’t crash then but if it hasn’t been updated then there are bound to be issues now.

• @MonzoPro said:

@zhoe said:

@MonzoPro said:

I haven’t used it since it first came out. It didn’t crash then but if it hasn’t been updated then there are bound to be issues now.

Yeah, it doesn’t work on iOS11; it looks like.

• @zhoe said:

@MonzoPro said:

@zhoe said:

@MonzoPro said:

MadPad HD still works but needs a 64 bit upgrade for iOS 11 and is limited to live recordings on the iOS device or importing pads from previous kits you've saved or that are available from the app's site.

VidRhythm is another app of this sort which needs a 64 bit update for iOS. You're limited to the songs available in the app and it works similar to Samplebot's drum pads and being able to assign them to a particular drum beat. With VidRhythm you create short videos with the iPad's camera and the app will pitch shift the sound and attach them to the built-in video template you've selected. It would be nice to have an updated version of the app where you could create your own songs and templates rather than be limited to the built-in material.

vidibox still works on iOS 10.3.3 and does have a need to be updated so the imports work more smoothly using updated SDKs for AudioShare, Audiobus, and Dropbox. . . You can mix and match different video and audio for the pads as well as import from the camera roll which gives you a lot more flexibility versus the other apps.

Takete would seem to the app in this genre that's taken things up several notches in terms of its capabilities, learning curve, and pricing relative to the older apps.

On iOS 11 there does still seem to be a void for video pad apps. I see apps like vjay as being in a different category as they're primarily locked into DJ cross fade between two sources rather than being able to trigger multiple video/audio pads.

• edited October 2017

@InfoCheck said:

@zhoe said:

@MonzoPro said:

@zhoe said:

@MonzoPro said:

MadPad HD still works but needs a 64 bit upgrade for iOS 11 and is limited to live recordings on the iOS device or importing pads from previous kits you've saved or that are available from the app's site.

VidRhythm is another app of this sort which needs a 64 bit update for iOS. You're limited to the songs available in the app and it works similar to Samplebot's drum pads and being able to assign them to a particular drum beat. With VidRhythm you create short videos with the iPad's camera and the app will pitch shift the sound and attach them to the built-in video template you've selected. It would be nice to have an updated version of the app where you could create your own songs and templates rather than be limited to the built-in material.

vidibox still works on iOS 10.3.3 and does have a need to be updated so the imports work more smoothly using updated SDKs for AudioShare, Audiobus, and Dropbox. . . You can mix and match different video and audio for the pads as well as import from the camera roll which gives you a lot more flexibility versus the other apps.

Takete would seem to the app in this genre that's taken things up several notches in terms of its capabilities, learning curve, and pricing relative to the older apps.

On iOS 11 there does still seem to be a void for video pad apps. I see apps like vjay as being in a different category as they're primarily locked into DJ cross fade between two sources rather than being able to trigger multiple video/audio pads.

I totally agree. A pretty much void in relation to video pad apps. As for Vidibox, it does work, but Dropbox is no longer supported and AudioShare works like 50% because you can only share from AudioShare and not import from Vidibox (like you could) Also, my camera roll vids the moment I scroll become black with 0.00 duration shown. I’m on the latest iOS 11.03 and on iPad Pro 9.7. It cant be only me who’s having these glitches.