Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beathawk vs impc pro?

I'm trying to decide between these two..Sure I could get both but I'm a noob..This will be my first app...Beatmaker 2 is out. I'll wait until Beatmaker 3..Was also considering g FL Studio's "Groove Machine" ..Thoughts?

Comments

• Can you tell us a bit more about what you would like to do with them. Musical styles? What influences do you have? Do you want to make beats or more complete tracks?

• edited November 2015

if you make sample based music, the impc pro, if you're not interested in sampling then beat hawk I would think.

• Beathawk - great sample sets, but expensive. Some good instruments and decent controls. Plays well with others. No piano roll.

iMPC Pro - easier to change input and edit notes. Good for manipulating samples live. Does not play as well with others.

Maybe consider Gadget if you want one app to start making iPad music?

• Depends on how much you rely on Audiobus and if you use Tabletop or not.

Get Launchpad app, 2 synth apps, and Samplr.

• Caustic is a great way to see if you are into synth programming or simply playing sample based items.

Speaking of which, what about Sampletank and a DAW?

• This is where we all complicate the issue for you lol

Try Nanostudio.

• For this is the land of complicated mountains of a simple molehills past.

• At least which ever option you take, regret is at low financial cost

• I don't think it's complicated, he said the impc pro or beat hawk.

• @kobamoto said:
    I don't think it's complicated, he said the impc pro or beat hawk.

That's why I suggested he give us more info for intended use. It is easier to guide someone, if we know what they would like to use the app for.

I think it's fair to give option too. Personally I would not recommend either of these apps as a first app to use alone, unless aimed at certain styles of music. Hence why I asked.

Complex, with tongue firmly in cheek lol

• lets see what he says.

• edited November 2015

He or She..

• @KING777 said:

He or She..

Human or animal.....my dog plays music....

• Back when I was a nipper it was strictly a choice between a cigar box or a washboard. Kids today etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Back when I was a nipper it was strictly a choice between a cigar box or a washboard. Kids today etc.

Which did you choose?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Back when I was a nipper it was strictly a choice between a cigar box or a washboard. Kids today etc.

Which did you choose?

Always preferred smoking to doing the laundry smileyface

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Which did you choose?

Always preferred smoking to doing the laundry smileyface

You rich kid.....getting cigars with the cigar box! When I was a kid, we had a 100 mile walk to a big city just to mug rich geezers!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Can you tell us a bit more about what you would like to do with them. Musical styles? What influences do you have? Do you want to make beats or more complete tracks?

This. And what experience you have with using hardware or desktop tools for music making.

• @Telstar5 In my experience BeatHawk takes me back to my (hardware) MPC flow far more than the iMPC Pro app itself: BeatHawk is solid while iMPC felt fidgety in ways that it shouldn't.

Both have great potential but it's BeatHawk that felt like the Only continuation of my own MPC path (2000 to 2500 and a 500 in there too).

Other drum apps are great but BH for me Nailed almost everything I missed about said hardware workflow.

• edited November 2015

And there's more coming....(BH-wise).

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Spill the beans ol' chap

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Spill the beans ol' chap

I cannae do so, but it's a good addition....

• yep it is

• Bribe in the post....

• edited November 2015

@Proppa said:
    @Telstar5 In my experience BeatHawk takes me back to my (hardware) MPC flow far more than the iMPC Pro app itself: BeatHawk is solid while iMPC felt fidgety in ways that it shouldn't.

Both have great potential but it's BeatHawk that felt like the Only continuation of my own MPC path (2000 to 2500 and a 500 in there too).

Other drum apps are great but BH for me Nailed almost everything I missed about said hardware workflow.

in what way, the mixer, the sequencer, piano roll, the chopshop, pad mutes/recording?
    or just in regards to fidgetiness?

• actually beat hawk reminds me more of a roland mv-8000 than an mpc.

• Might I add Beatmaker 2?

• edited November 2015

he/she said no to beat maker 2 :D but do you know how sic bm3 is going to be if they manage to take out all the headaches of bm2........... i can only dream.

• @kobamoto It's no one thing but more a series of nuances that add up to a defining sum. At a certain point I'd given iMPC Pro and BeatHawk a similar amount of attention and found iMPC Pro increasingly frustrating and BeatHawk increasingly rewarding.

BeatHawk just Feels closer to what I'm after: a solid reliable (virtual) Box to sculpt with.