Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I want to hear system sounds .... how?

Hi folks,

I'm blind. There it is! :)
Anyway, I'm trying to create some audio tutorials for other blind musicians to learn to use some of the audio apps I've been using.

Here's the scenario.

System mic and other app audio such as drumjam audio goes to GB and gets recorded.

I can manage that with audiobus.

But, I'd also like to record the spoken feedback from VoiceOver, the IOS screen reader.
Though I choose system audio and drumbjam as AudioBus inputs, and though my microphone is recorded along with drumjam in GB, I don't get the Voiceover voice on the recording.

Any thoughts?

I'm trying to do this all on one iPad.

Some other notes:
I'm using headphones to monitor, but I don't necessarily have to use them if that would help. I don't know, however, if I can monitor drumjam in GB and avoid feedback. with no headphones.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!
Rusty

Comments

• edited November 2015

hi rusty, you could plug something into the headphone out to record everything.
    I can't think of anyway to do this with just one iPad, sorry.
    great idea to create some tutorials for blind musicians :)

• @RustyPerez One way you could do this is to have a USB interface which you then plug an out from headphone jack into and then record into a DAW but carefully research to make sure you're not entering into a feedback loop. The low tech alternative would be to do a recording of the output from the voice over perhaps running it through some external speakers first. You could then have a recording using the internal sound chains as you already have and then mix the two tracks together for your final cut.

You could mute the external speakers during the parts where you're not recording the iOS generating voiceover this could be as simple as plugging and unplugging headphones.

• iOS's text-to-speech stuff can't be recorded within iOS. that's why I bought Intermorphic's Wotja app, only to be told by the devs that there's no way to get the voices into a recording (at least the way things are currently).

• Well, I guess in some ways, that's a good thing that certain sounds don't come through on recordings, but, in this case I'm bummed out.
    It's mostly because I thought I had come up with such an elegant setup.

Guess I gotta do it the old fashion way. :) Mic and iPad into DAW.

Thanks guys!

• Where are you going to post the tutorials? On YouTube?
    Please keep us up to date here. :)

• Hi @lala So far I have one on SoundCloud, but I'm going to submit them to some of the blind tech sites. I'll definitely post here when I do.

I ended up running the Ipad into a usb outboard sound interface, and I plugged in my Audiotechnica usb mic and recorded with audacity. I sent everything to the usb sound device with the "listen" tab on windows.
    Sortof convoluted, but it got the job done.