Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iSequence

I really miss this great app on the bus , you can create some cool arpeggios and the banks in the app kick ass. I hope to see this app on the bus. What do you think ???

Comments

• edited May 2013

It does have some really good sounds in it, I'm sure they're working on it since now Sunrizer and Impaktor are on the bus.

• Yes, absolute, i hope to see it one the Bus too. It's Fx routing concept is great, the sampler works fine and there are many clever ideas inside the step sequencer. Not my favorite for melodies (i prefer midi recording and playing and then take the best parts) but with audiobus and midi clock slave it would be my dream drum machine.

• Yep, I love this one too. Get it on the bus - please!

• +1 for best drum machine out there. I've had it for months but just started playing with it during the last few days. One of those apps that rewards spending a few hours with, not the most intuitive GUI but worth persevering with. I'm pasting into audioshare ready to use in projects. A general point...I'm really not bothered about getting this kind of app on the bus since I'll never play it live. Copy/paste works fine for me.

• +1 I always keep this one close by. Waiting patiently for audiobus!

• edited March 2014

• guys,to be honest.Is anybody of you seriously doing music here?I see a lot of"its on the bus,its on the bus,i'm soooo excited"...but sorry,iSequnce is really nothing special imo (was one of my first apps).I get the the feeling everybody is excited about every new app that enters the bus...but often enough i have the feeling they are just"collectors"(not a bad thing at all)and not doing anything music related...

• edited May 2013

I don't understand your motive of scolding forum members about their purpose for wanting apps on the Bus whatever their purpose may be.

• @Crabman Sometimes I think I gave up being a musician a long time ago and have now become a collector of Apps..... :D

Seriously, somehow I need to take all this great functionality that we now have and find a way of making it work for me.

I thought the last Sonic Touch video cast made some interesting points on workflow...(though I'm not sure it made them very well.)

For so long we've been pushing to get new functionality that after a while the danger is it can feel as if that's the goal rather than making music.

• edited March 2014

• Crabman: Are we talking about the iPhone or ipad version? The iPad version would most definitely be a really good addition to the Audiobus library, the iPhone version I couldn't care less about. The iPad version have a whole bunch of good effects in the mixer, plus great sound banks..

I can see your point tho, I'm one of those that want the latest and greatest even if I don't reeeaally need it lol. I'm also an incurable appoholic. :(

• edited May 2013

sorry guys,no offense intended.I broke my own rule:don't drink and post.I was pretty drunk when i posted this morning.And I'm an appaholic as well,shame on me :-)

• If you want to make music you need tools. The integration of audiobus made it possible to integrate with other apps. Making it possible to use new sounds and effects. iSequence is in my opinion a rare diamond for the soundquality of the banks inside the app and the effects. You have so many possibilities to create awsome sounds and blend with the new apps creating some really cool stuff. It´s not about how many apps you have, its about using them in new ways. Music is an evolution and we need to think out of the box. Only then you can create something unique and special. I create many tunes using just one app. I really like to go in deep with apps. I pretty much learn everything about an app. It´s like being thirsty, you need more stuff to learn. I want my tunes to sound like me and people to recognize the mandrakonian sound :) Maby I am a collector of apps but I see them as tools, like a painter blend new colours to create a masterpiece. If I could choose I would like to see all the musicapps on the bus and apps to create presets to share with others making this iPad musicstyle even bigger.
    Remember a coin has two sides :)

• @Crabman. No drinking and driving on The Bus. Lol. All is good.

• Been there, done that, and it's best to avoid it, but losing the focus on music creation is easy if you get to wrapped up in the tools. While great to have, the tools should be the means to an end, rather than the end itself. Easy concept, but I have to remind myself of that quite often given all the fancy tools available.

• iSequence is a great app..you only have to listen to the demo songs for each pack..and you can do an awful lot with it....I used it once with a midi keyboard just to play the sounds into a track..this was BA...when I was using hardware recorders more..funnily I never used desktop DAW's to record anything..I have FL9 Pro but only ever use/used it as a massive synth rack for my VST's..same with the iPad before Audiobus...now however most of my general recording is done inside the iPad..again only made possible with AB...there are so many apps now it's almost impossible to use them all...but I love tinkering with them..thats one of the reasons I started to make the videos..it kind of justified me using all this stuff.

• I love the way this discussion has broadened...! Back to isequence for a bit. I find it a bit of a challenge but I'm persevering as I think it has potential to become a regularly used drum app (with scope to add synths too). Just one question: why is audiobus necessary for an step-programmed app? I use AB to play other apps in live. I audio copy/paste drums knowing I can drop in a whole new percussion track later if I need to. What am I missing?

• It's not for me to change your workflow but I find it much more intuitive to connect apps through AudioBus than say, using audiocopy/paste. Plus there has always been something about isequence on the iPad that I really like. Quality sounds, great app, good for sketching new ideas and it already has some great synth sounds too. It is also backed by a great dev so there is still a chance this could evolve into a very important app.

• iSequence takes me back to my Amiga tracker days back is 1989 :) eeeh them wer the days....

Simple Lego style track building.

@Iansainsbury for me if you can keep as much midi as possible the better in terms of fine tuning or arranging or overall control. If I want to re-arrange the pattern in a flash there you go and you can test it and tweak it to fit with the rest of your track....the nuances, the velocity etc...

All down to preference and what you perceive as the best method....

If I can do the same job with a screw driver as you can with a hammer who is right/wrong/has the best technique ?

My answer would be its irrelevant...just enjoy and create/destroy....:)

• @DaveMagoo - always great to be in the company of former Amiga owners! Do you recall the midi sequencer Dr. T.? That was my first exposure to midi.

• edited May 2013

@funjunkie27 not one i remember I'm afraid i used to use the computer keyboard until i got a PC but i was first seduced into the murky world of music production by the likes of this....

Kind of reminds me of iSequence a bit, I also had a gadget that connected to the back of the Amiga and could sample through a 3.5mm jack connection....I'm getting all nostalgic now :)

Ps: sorry for hijacking the thread but its kind of relevantish....also agree its great to be in the company of Amiga users from back int day :)

• @DaveMagoo - love the video! I miss the Amiga and wonder where it would be if Commodore had marketed it better, since it blew PCs and Macs out at that point...IMO. Odd that I couldn't even find a Dr. T video on YT. I dumped quite a bit of money on that and midi interfaces...probably around 60-70 average priced music apps, which is how I quantify costs these days ;-)

• Ha, Sonix was my first sequencer; I never really got on with the Amiga trackers (although strangely enough I've been using Famitracker a lot recently).

I also remember shelling out $250 bucks for Bars & Pipes pro, only to have Microsoft buy out Blue Ribbon Soundworks and kill it off (after making the software available for free). Still bitter about that one.

• @DaveMagoo, that gadget was probably the DSS8+... I just threw mine in the trash last year while cleaning out some old stuff.

• edited May 2013

@busker I still have my Amiga in a box with all the peripherals and the likes of Robocop, Supercars 2 and Shadow of the Beast.

Still works too, I'm gonna have a look at that sampler box thing that connects in the back.

Funny how no matter how far we push certain music technology, 24 years on its still not quite there yet!

@funjunkie I remember we had a computer club at the local pub where people used to meet up and copy and share all the latest pirated games and software, they used to have competitions and all sorts.

Seems pretty bizarre now looking back, kind of a BitTorrent live weekly event.

• I too had an Amiga but never got into the tracker scene. I did write on graphics for Amiga User International on a freelance basis for a while though.

• Great memories regarding the Amiga. While I never tried any trackers on it, Music-X was my first sequencer and it was quite capable back in those days.

I gave my A500 to my nephew and niece years ago but still have my A1200, 1020? Monitor, along with most of my software and hardware peripherals.

Sorry for going off topic but it is good to read other Amiga users still proud.

• I still remember my first hard drive on the Amiga...52MB and over $500!

• Lol, I had a similar harddrive and I remember the guide I had said:

"At first you may be overwhelmed by the amount of space on the drive, but with proper organization and folder structure it should become manageable"

I also had kind of a ridiculous setup with an a1200 connected via ParNet to an a500 with an a570 cd drive addon... all that just to be able to access a cd, crazy!

Even so, I do miss the Amiga as well... it was a great computer for anyone musically or artistically oriented (and had loads of great games as well :).

• Yeah, I don't want to even think about what I paid for a genlock and extra RAM.

Graphics, Deluxe Paint and Turbo Silver, were my main interests back then before music creation caught my interest.

I still have quite a few MIDI files that I step entered note for note via expensive (to me at the time) song books of Rock and Roll classics. They don't sound nearly as interesting today ;-) .