Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Attack update here

Comments

• edited November 2015

For a quick management, I change the velocity and volume setting by double tabbing velocity knob of amplifier and adjust the volume knob of amplifier for every single instrument, then I do re-save the locked 808 preset kit back to normal hearing range. It is elaborative but productive to rearrange existing preset kits. Once this has been done for all kits, each single .wav file of the preset kit can be quickly loaded on the preset menu to the left-hand 24 instrument menu bar. After processing this trivial things you can load whatever single .wav sound in super speed way to fill 24 instruments. plus, you do not have to leave the main presets menu to hear any single sound file by using 'load sound' button when you touch any of the 24 instruments. The goal is to balance back every one of the sound files on personal hearing level for quick loading without unsounded trouble or hearing damage on ears.

• edited November 2015

Gentlemen,

I give StepPolyArp a try. This is by far most reliable way to record midi notes and modulations on 16 grid with manual set-up tempo.

Here is the way, listening the red recording metronome, hit the play button, switch back to StepPolyArp to fine tune 16 steps with speed 1/16th. every modulation working here.

For midi connection, tick StepPolyArp out. For Attack midi setting, tick "selected" only for StepPolyArp. I am sure you will be happy with this method for any of the 24 instruments.

• edited November 2015

It really feels like Attack got an internal arpeggiator. Timing isn't far off. Great matching! Ha ha.

• edited November 2015

A further great news for everyone. Finally, Attack can master the new Midisteps sequencer. Attack's playhead can record whatever you put on Midisteps. After many sequencers' trial, I only found Midisteps can be driven AUTOMATICALLY by Attack with desirable rhythm. Thus you can really utilize Attack looper to record a real good midi sequence from now. So buy Midisteps is a good option here. Enjoy!

3 photos for your setting reference:

• Another update is already in the works. Send any (real) issues Waldorfs way.

• @ChrisG said:
    Another update is already in the works. Send any (real) issues Waldorfs way.

Oh that's good news I did send an email yesterday with a link to this thread and some info.

• Anyone using export audio to audio copy ?

I have been trying this over the weekend and the resultant audio file is very low volume. I can't seem to find any way of controlling the output level, Volume sounds fine when playing within Attack, Master volume is all the way up, with no meters it is hard to know what the output volume really is.

Anybody got any idea ? Will I have to resort to recording through AB/IAA ?

thanks in advance

• Update 1.1.1 in the Store.

Attack Drums by Waldorf Music
    https://appsto.re/gb/wzKa5.i

• Velocity issue not fixed.

Jokers..

• edited November 2015

App store is acting finicky but I guess from the app description that part of the 'update' is just stating that it is an Inter App Audio generator and not an Inter App Audio instrument. Sounds like they just bailed on completing the feature. Thats disappointing.

• @AudioGus said:
    App store is acting finicky but I guess from the app description that part of the 'update' is just stating that it is an Inter App Audio generator and not an Inter App Audio instrument. Sounds like they just bailed on completing the feature. Thats disappointing.

Jokers..

• Just found a graphics-glitch (iPad Air 2, iOS9.1) in the latest version of Attack but other than that it seems to work just fine and It's really one of those apps I should finger a lot more :)

• For me this is another "don't delete coz Auria Pro is on its way".

• @KING777 said:

>

Try switch around Pad Velocity on setting page to see.

Use midiSTEPs to control Attack Loop recording. This is the way I can make some recording.

• Well strangely this update hasn't seemed to change anything for me, I'm on iOS 9 now. I still can't get virtual midi send to work to Attacks A and B ports.....but at least
    I can get Attack to listen to other apps midi ports ok.

Can anyone else get Attack A and B ports to work?

• edited November 2015

I can hear the sounds now when press the individual preset on the main menu for v1.1.1 update (Audition of sounds).

• Yes that's a useful new feature :)

I still can't get it to work with MTS virtual midi though, which I hoped the update would fix...

• Heh, exact same thing i thought. If Auria Pro can talk to attack well then i might have more interest in it. Gotta say it is damn fun through core midi hooked up to my tenori-on. Just a bit cumbersome for the train.

@KING777 said:
    For me this is another "don't delete coz Auria Pro is on its way".

• Feels like a potentially great sandwich they didn't bother buttering the bread for...

• @Carnbot said:
    Yes that's a useful new feature :)

I still can't get it to work with MTS virtual midi though, which I hoped the update would fix...

I just use MTS clock to drive Attack, the Attack on the loop mode for 2 patterns. I use A part of Attack seated on MTS virtual midi. I tick Devices- Clock and Device-Midi clock to Attack Drum A.

It seems MTS can continue looping Attack with Start and Stop playhead synched.

• edited November 2015

@Carnbot said:

Tick MTS midi clock on both side will do for synching.

• Yes syncing works ok which is good, but midi notes would be nice. What we need is Attack AUi :)

I've still got Attack v1.01 on my iPad mini2 and it works better with MTS virtual midi than with the current update 1.11.

There may be a way to make it work properly with MTS and midiflow but I've not worked it out yet....

• Try several different ways already,

no clues!

• Ok so I don't think I'm imagining it, but this update has broken all midi input...can't get anything now via midi not even via other apps virtual ports...anyone else?

• yeek! good thing the store was giving me troubles on update.

• Yeah dodgy release, midi is broke.
    Patterning was working previously.... DAMM it!!!

Come on guys....

And where is midi learn for automation

• @KING777 said:
    Update needs an update. Simples..

And so it goes...

• edited November 2015

What a disaster this update turned out to be. Do they have anyone testing these updates before submitting to the app store? Not only is the MIDI a problem.but they decided to leave this app as an IAA generator. Are they too lazy to code it properly as an IAA instrument? That makes it even more of a pain to use with Cubasis. The IAA transport bar doesn't work properly. Attack also started triggering notes on it's own while using in Cubasis. Switching between apps made Attack even more unreliable. It produced a loud buzzing noise that made me throw my headphones across the room. I'm beyond mad at this point. We got ripped off here with this lame excuse of it being an IAA generator while Nave is an IAA instrument. WTF?
    Since IAA is crap anyway, they should make this app an AU instrument and it would be more reliable for the money. iSEM is there already and it's about time everyone else get with the program.

• :confounded:

@Rich303 said:
    What a disaster this update turned out to be. Do they have anyone testing these updates before submitting to the app store? Not only is the MIDI a problem.but they decided to leave this app as an IAA generator. Are they too lazy to code it properly as an IAA instrument? That makes it even more of a pain to use with Cubasis. The IAA transport bar doesn't work properly. Attack also started triggering notes on it's own while using in Cubasis. Switching between apps made Attack even more unreliable. It produced a loud buzzing noise that made me throw my headphones across the room. I'm beyond mad at this point. We got ripped off here with this lame excuse of it being an IAA generator while Nave is an IAA instrument. WTF?
    Since IAA is crap anyway, they should make this app an AU instrument and it would be more reliable for the money. iSEM is there already and it's about time everyone else get with the program.