Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio Audiobus update finally here :)

Just downloading....

Comments

• Input and output. Downloading too.

• edited May 2013

What's New in Version 1.40

• Audiobus support for input (sampling) and output (main mix)

• Virtual MIDI inputs for note and controller data

• MIDI input transpose

• 4 extra banks for your Eden presets

• Fixed 'empty sample' bug when pasting from some Waldorf apps

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/nanostudio/id382263651?mt=8

• @SpookyZoo beat me :( haha my wifi was acting goofy for a minute

• @JMSexton UK & US links :)

Looking forward to some NANOBUS play!

• Recording is greyed out in nanostudio. Anyone got it working?

• Working for me at the moment. In and Out.

Seems really well implemented so far. :)

• edited May 2013

With recording you have to setup your Eden or trg ready to record first and then it will appear...

• @DaveMagoo Thanks. That works.

• @mgmg4871 sorry, completely forgot to ask your approach there :(

Dave's right... set Eden or TRG to it's record page, then when heading back to the source app, Nano's record button in the transport bar will be displayed green, ready to be pressed for a red rec.

I instinctively did this first time round and so didn't see it in a greyed out state.
    I coulda been more helpful before, was just trying to say it didn't seem a universal problem.

Have fun :)

• edited May 2013

For anyone unfamiliar with the way Nanostudio works, what you can do with it in the Output slot is to record a sample directly from another app into the sampler for a TRG pad or Eden synth instrument.

(IMPORTANT: There is still no facility to record an audio track into Nanostudio. You cannot, therefore, lay out Animoog recordings in the Nanostudio timeline!)

In order to make the record option available, you have to be in the sample record screen for a TRG pad or the Eden synth. Use these to either set a sample to be triggered by a drum pad, or pitch-shifted by the keyboard.

For TRG:
    Select a TRG instrument. Press the Edit button (which is next to the Home button). Choose the drum pad you want the sample to be triggered by, then press the Record button in the sample options (halfway up the screen on the left hand side). You will go to a screen which includes the words, "Ready to sample from internal mic (mono). Continuous 60s loop until the stop button is tapped". At this point, switch over to your input app (eg. Animoog) and the record button in the Audiobus sidepanel will be available. Press it and record your sample, which can be trimmed and edited to the required length (and FX can be added), and will be triggered by the TRG pad you've selected.

For Eden:
    Select an Eden instrument. Using the up and down arrows on the right hand side to switch between screens, find the one below the second keyboard. There is a list of Mod options on the left. From top to bottom, these are: Mix, Ring1, Ring2, Sync, Sample. Select Sample and then hit record. You are now on a screen which includes the words, "Ready to sample from internal mic (mono). Continuous 60s loop until the stop button is tapped". At this point, switch over to your input app (eg. Animoog) and the record button in the Audiobus sidepanel will now be available. Press it and record your sample, which you can then edit and trim in the first instance, and then modulate as you see fit using the Eden synth parameters. You can then pitch-trigger the sample with the keyboard.

Someone better qualified than I will be able to talk about slicing!

• @SpookyZoo Its all good now. Thanks for followup.

• Awesome update, thanks Blip!

I had hoped for virtual midi out tho since the app is small and got that great sequencer. Can't fit BM2 and the others on my 16gb device. But whatever, it's on the bus can't ask for more :)

• Me too midi out would have been the cream and cherry on top (as well as audio tracks ofcourse)

• He has had trouble with midi out, and would have had to re-write a lot of the app. Blip is working on Nanostudio 2 so that's where his attention is.

This is a great update, I will have to try my Lemur template with it :-)

• @KlaatuNinja thanks for the info.

Has anyone noticed crackling of their samples when played in Eden below the key that was sampled ? Seems ok upscale but downscale I have some light crackling of the sample ?

Could be me though :)

• @Michael Thanks. Very clear tutorial.

• Huzzah! This will keep me very satisfied until NS2. :)

• On the edge...I have so many "studios".

• @JonSolo

Go to his website and download the windows/mac version for free to try. It is fully working and you can transfer projects between them.

http://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/

• @JonSolo - this one is definitely worth it!

• Yeah, I was surprised at how much fun Eden controlled by soundprism via jamup was! I also spent about an hour last night sampling other AB synths into new presets in all of those new global Eden banks.

Happy camper.

• edited May 2013

I scoured the interwebs last night picking up some awesome Eden and Trg presets , better get off the ipad while im on vacation before the wife gets mad !

• edited May 2013

Definitely inspired me to do some sampling and sketched out 3 tracks.

Is there a way to layer samples like in BM2 ?

@JMSexton I can relate to that...the DIY is piling up and all I can do is fiddle with my igadgets :) The Missus smiles but I know the line is getting close ;(

• My line has been gone haha I think I'm actually married to the iPad haha. Yea I just mowed my jungle of a yard, so def know what ya mean

• @davemagoo, no way to layer samples really but you can make two presets and layer via two tracks.

• I'm trying the soundprism controlling nano studio through jamup and its playing the Eden sounds but not affected by jamup in the effects slot. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong. Soundprism input, jamup effects slot, and NS in the output.

• edited May 2013

I just recreated your setup. I also heard no effect on the sound. So I ejected Jamup, replaced it with Echopad, which worked...and then selected Jamup once again and it worked.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: this didn't work. It was Soundprism's internal sound being affected.

• @spookyzoo, thanks I will give that a try.

• @Bootsy Just realised I may have been hearing soundprism's internal sounds being affected by the fx, as I had forgot to mute it and now having trouble recreating a 'success'.

I fear you may be right...