Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MAGIX Music Maker Jam, Demo for iPad

Been out for a while, someone asked me if I'd check it out so I did http://thesoundtestroom.com/magix-music-maker-jam-demo-for-ipad/

Comments

• Thanks for this - looks more useful than I thought it was going to be!

• There are some really nice loops in some of the packs, but I so wished they would put it on the bus or add effects like Launchpad.

• Ditto on the bus or IAA to be really useful. I almost passed on downloading but it is going to be great for getting projects started. I am glad I got it for free especially and I guess using my iPad mini to record into cubasis is a work around of sorts.

• If you want to try other IAP's " before you buy them" finish and export the mix your working on, uninstall the app, then reinstall and choose another two free packs

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    If you want to try other IAP's " before you buy them" finish and export the mix your working on, uninstall the app, then reinstall and choose another two free packs

Good tip. Thanks.

• So glad I got it, been having a ball so far. I almost passed on this but have already made a couple of in app purchases and they are just as good.

• Really?

This is an app without any ambition. Okay - good loops. You cant do anything with them, because their licensing model says: "only for private usage", and they even prohibit public usage of the songs you made. Almost all what you can do is to make loops more or less loud. Click-click.

Change song tempo. No editing. No usage of your own sounds/loops. No FX beside an almost useless filter effect (which stays static the whole song - LOL). No Slicing. Nothing with creative influence by the user. No interapp audio. No audiobus. The spirit of this program is:

No. No. No.

• edited February 2017

I have seen, that Magix is - a bit - less restrictive with your recordings you make. In strictly private, non-commercial usage you are allowed to publish your music (if a part of your music has used Magix Music Maker Jam or its content) on platforms like Youtube, Soundcloud or Facebook as long you dont earn a single cent or gets any commercial advantage from it - like advertising your skills or advertising music or other content or advertising a website or such.

I would say, if nobody knows you and appreciate, what you do with Magix Music Maker Jam, then you are safe to publish your results on Facebook, Youtube and Soundcloud.

• @Looping_Loddar All I know is what's in the EULA and that's enough to keep me away. Besides, there are so many better choices for loop based music creation.

I'm not sure why you necro'd a thread from November 2015, but I can tell you I haven't seen any discussion here about Music Maker Jam in a looong time.

• @telecharge said:

I'm not sure why you necro'd a thread from November 2015

Simple reason: I have tried out this app today - and didnt want to start a new thread. By the way: This app now looks very different from the version thesoundtestroom have reviewed.

Oh, and i am still looking for a loop based music creation app which fits to my needs. Something like acid for iOS or such. Because they own the code of Acid now i thought it could be a good idea to check their app.

It wasn't.

• Whoa I wonder if this is the same guys as the old $100 Magix music studio, my entryway DAW back in high school. Combined with a cracked version of Fruity Loops Producer Edition, I was gonna be a surefire hit!

(Don't worry, I pay for things now)