Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone Jamming with DrumJam?

edited October 2015 in Creations

Like many appaholics, I put some apps away in folders and forget about them. I recently pulled out DrumJam and ThumbJam and had a blast. I would be interested if any of you are using DrumJam for live performances? Maybe this topic was discussed in earlier posts?

Comments

• I had a great time the other day with those two apps too! Such fun.,

• Drum Jam synced to my track in MTS yesterday. Awesome.

Not live, live. But live producing.

• Love to sync the loops then set midiSequencer to sequence the instrument, gives you an increased range of notes, then use the bedlam settings to create a forever evolving pattern, this lulls me into a meditative state, very therapeutic.

• I love DrumJam. It is so versatile.
    Possibly provides the best value in the entire App Store (AudioBus excepted, of course)

• DrumJam is still one of my Fav rhythm apps. Great midi sync too.

• edited October 2015

Its the center of my Live-Rack!

left from the mini: nanokontroll2 remote the Track 1-7 of the loops incl. Mute/Solo/Vol on the Fader; Rotarys have different CC for the playable Instruments (Bedlam/Pitch/Choke/Rev/Rev-Size/Filt....)

right(behind) from the mini is the nanopad2: the X/Y controlls the Choke/Quantization)

• If it isn't obvious, @obiwahnkentobi is a tester and is responsible for the existence of several features in DJ!

• Nice man cave!

• I really love DrumJam, not as much as ThumbJam (the top of my list), but very close. I really like the way sonosaurus uses touchscreens, swiping at it's best !

In DrumJam, just playing around with the individual instruments makes you swipe out beats for hours. And since the arrival of the more glitchy stuff like Bedlam, it's a whole new instrument.

I played around with it a lot this summer, but only got to do one video with it, using Audiobus, DFx and aufx:Dub

I messed up at 0:55 but it gets better a bit later

• @obiwahnkentobi said:
    Its the center of my Live-Rack!

May The Force Be With You!............... :-)

• @mtyas said:
    I really love DrumJam, not as much as ThumbJam (the top of my list), but very close. I really like the way sonosaurus uses touchscreens, swiping at it's best !

In DrumJam, just playing around with the individual instruments makes you swipe out beats for hours. And since the arrival of the more glitchy stuff like Bedlam, it's a whole new instrument.

I played around with it a lot this summer, but only got to do one video with it, using Audiobus, DFx and aufx:Dub

Some very interesting stuff here and proof that context is all; love you sat there at the water's edge with your cube noodling away. Is this the Béarn I think of? France etc.?

• Can someone explain more about midi sync please? Or have a link to explain it more to me. I think it sounds pretty useful, but I don't get it.

Also, @Matt_Fletcher_2000 : Drum Jam synced to my track in MTS yesterday.

How do you do that?

Thanks

• @JohnnyGoodyear
    Yes, Béarn, South West France, I've come back to live here after a few years away, can't really get away from the place. The lake is half an hour away from Pau, lovely wild place, perfect for keeping calm.

I spent all this summer without a house (so no mancave) living in a van. Perfect for testing the mobility aspect of iPad music creation. DrumJam and Thumbjam where used everyday :)

• I love to use it to drive my wife crazy. :D Then she doesn't mind if I disappear into the basement to record for a couple of hours.

• @sonosaurus said:
    If it isn't obvious, @obiwahnkentobi is a tester and is responsible for the existence of several features in DJ!

:-) thx jesse

@all just listen to the "livedrumming" from minute 43+

i love it! rocknroll

• That is awesome stuff! Good thing I added the tap quantize, eh? :)

• I have one problem with Sonosaurus.

They don't make enough apps.

Can we please have electro synth type app?