Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recording audio on the ipad- that you can hear as you record?

Hi- I know you can record audio on the likes of Audioshare by using an audio/ digital convertor... but you (at least I) cannot hear it as it records. Is there a straightforward way to record audio into the iPad- and be able to hear it at the same time- like you would do on a conventional digital recorder/ multitrack?
Thanks

Comments

• For AudioShare, turn on the Monitor ( lower left corner on the recorder screen). Most of the recording apps have a monitoring option.

• Hi- thanks- I have tried this with no success.

• Headphones?

What is your exact setup, including iOS and app version levels?

• It's an iPad Air 2. On the latest os 9.2. Audioshare updated as far as possible l believe- there are no updates waiting anyway. I have the same problem with Audiocopy and iMPC pro- when I used it. I had assumed for a while that the speaker was automatically disabled when a digital/ audio source was plugged in.

• So you are using an external audio interface? Then I would expect the internal mic and speakers are turned off. Usually the audio interface has a headphone and/or line out to hear what is going on. I believe this is where the output from turning on monitoring ( in the App) would be going. Can't verify right now, I'm working ;-), but I'll try with my studio connect this evening.

• What software are you using? I may be missing the point, but I use Auria, and I can certainly monitor as I record, quite well. All the DAWs can do that, it's the norm. You can then play back, and record another track while listening.

• Even though some apps have a 'monitor' feature to monitor the incoming signal while recording it it's good practice to monitor thru headphones rather than the iPad's speaker. (Some apps do not enable the monitor feature unless a pair of headphones is attached, this is done to avoid feedback, FingerBeat is one of them).

I see you also mention AudioCopy and iMPC Pro. I've requested a 'monitor' feature from Retronyms too many times without any action or response, apparently they don't understand the value of input monitoring when recording/sampling...

The monitor in AudioShare works for me, but without headphones attached, it's feedback-time ala Jimi Hendrix :D

• Ah- I never use headphones when I monitor- my preference is speakers. My headphone socket output is not working in any case- so it sounds like this may have something to do with it the loss of monitoring ability?
    I am using the latest iPad iOS with Audioshare- along with a Berhinger audio to digital converter.
    Like I said though- it doesn't seem to be working in Audiocopy either.
    There is workarounds that I can employ- I can record into a digital recorder- which I can monitor- then send it into Audioshare via the converter.
    My latest scheme is to use the iPad mainly for it's rich variety of drums- along with recorded phrase samples taken from a Novation Circuit and both the Pocket Operators- Factory and Sub Bass (shortly to arrive)-all of which have onboard sequencers- so I should be able to record them straight in. Then my performance/ arrangement tool of choice is to be Novation Launchpad....... At least that's the plan anyway.