Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SoundPrism Pro not doing IAA

I've been playing with Auria and as we all know, AB isn't (currently) working with it. So I've tried IAA - and a surprising number of apps don't actually handle that very well - SoundPrism Pro being one of the biggies! AFAIK - SPP is a child of the AB folks - so most surprising when it does NOT show the IAA tab. Have I missed something? is an update on the way?

Comments

• most people drive other instruments with soundprism and then you don't need iaa

• Aside: Have been enjoying SPP and Navichord a lot of late.....very pretty/doleful (often the same to my turgid heart).

• I have driven other instruments with SP... Very cool... but it WOULD be nice to have an advertised feature working. Just one more tool in the creative toolbox... JG - thanks for the ref to Navichord - will def check that out!

• SoundPrism Pro does MIDI, so you can use it like that.

We never really considered adding an IAA tab because it's not standardised, doesn't really offer the features that the Audiobus connection panel offers and because you're literally the first one who asks. As far as we know, people just very rarely use 'pure' IAA - only when Audiobus isn't available for some reason.

• Yep - that is the case. Since good ol' Auria can't do the Bus (right now) - I was trying to make do it with IAA. I was surprised to see how many apps don't really do IAA that well. As a programmer - since IAA is not really supported in SPP - I would not allow any vestige of it to show - or even come up on a list of potential IAA candidates.

I'm still getting a handle in (virtual?) MIDI.

Still - SPP is a very sweet app/concept, and hope to learn to use it to full advantage. :-)