Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2 Mono signal into 1 - Is audiobus can do that

Hi, i have a very simple problem to solve, and I don't know if audiobus can solve my problem :

I have two microphones connected to a dual input USB audio interface connected via CCK to my iPad 2. I'm looking for an app that can merge the 2 mono signal into one, so i can manipulate it easily (and pass it as a mono signal to other apps, via audiobus for example).

Audiobus can do that (or maybe an audiobus compatible mixer app ?)

Comments

• It's called a Y-adapter.

• JamUp works too, since its mono only output.

And it won't fall out of your guitar bag.

• :-b

However, a y-adapter takes a surprisingly low hit on CPU load on my iPad 2.

(Edit: not that I've had any trouble at all with JamUp being too resource intense. It's great)

• No, AudioBus is a router and by itself performs no mixing functions.

Y for split, not mix, really?

JamUp allows one to mix L and R or choose just L or just R. The free version gives you a two track recorder, which would work for you. IAP to full Pro and again to get 8 tracks. Jam Up also of course has effects to play with. Reckoned one of the best live input Apps. Get it.

• edited May 2013

@dwarman My answer was tongue-in-cheek, but it could be done. Both mics plugged into the Y-adapter and then plugged into one of the inputs of the interface. No control over relative levels, but if the mics are fairly well matched it's not such a big deal.
    Jamup is obviously the better solution.