Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iFunbox - What a great software!

I know many of you use this already but I only started using it tonight. What a timesaver! Super convenient to avoid using iTunes to transfer files. Been using it mostly with Audioshare as a central organizer as I'm not sure which app to use with each file. If anybody else has iFunbox tips and tricks, pls share here!

Total noob discovery here but I actually discovered I could transfer my wav files to the Music Library on iPhone/iPad. All the months I was waiting for Impaktor to get on bus to jam with my song ideas, I couldve just used the music library with Impaktor. One problem I've found (and I'm worried this might hold true for other apps) is that I couldnt seem to transfer files to Looptastic. From Looptastic to desktop, no problem but when I would transfer wav files to the Looptastic folder from my desktop, when I checked Looptastic, I couldnt find them. Must be some technical organization thing but my workaround has been just to transfer to audioshare, then copy and paste into Looptastic.

Comments

  • Yea it's great. I use it to clean out crap that apps leave all over on my 16gb iPad, or ripping out samples from various apps, and doing backups. iTunes just sucks when it comes to managing files on your iDevice. I really hope Apple doesn't shut this "hole" somehow.

  • I use it to clean out junk files, also to wipe out demos that apps come with (doesnt always work), I also use it to snag samples out of appps if they take up to much room or only want a few of them then drop in my dropbox. Its great

  • I use it to load Animoog presets. It allows me to create folders which show up in the Animoog browser to help keep it organized

  • @TedBPhx - I did that too, über helpful to organize all those presets

  • @TedBPhx man i used ifunbox to load up timbres and presets, but i never thought about adding as folders. so mine are all lumped up in the main category.

  • Is iFunbox for jail broken devices? I can't see it in the app store here in the UK if I do a search.

  • edited May 2013

    iFunbox is a Windows app for connecting PC to iDevice. It replaces iTunes.

  • It's not an app. It runs on a PC and connects to the iPad when it is plugged in to a USB. Don't know if there is a Mac version.

  • http://www.i-funbox.com

    osx and windows downloads available there, really useful. apparently they have an iphone and ipad app, but i haven't used them personally.

  • Doh! Thanks, that explains it! lol :)

  • The info from the IOS versions is kinda confusing. Everything I read made it sound like you need an iOS app to make it work. I waited months before trying it.

    But it's SOO simple. Just install the PC version, plug in your iPad, and you'll be browsing folders in less time than it takes iTunes to ask if you want to back up your device. Seriously.

    You might need the iOS app if you want to do fancy stuff like sending files wirelessly to PC.

  • There is a Mac version for those interested.

  • Just noticed that iFunBox latest macOS version since years back no longer works for me on iOS12.4.

    I can see the files and folders but when I try to copy over the files they is 0kb in size and in some cases do not copy over at all...
    (Was thinking about backing up the iMPC Pro 2 iPhone packs from AudioCopy since they are not present in AudioCopy on the iPad version).

    I'll be writing a somewhat polite support e-mail to @Retronyms explaining that it's really bad practice to 'show/hide' IAP content based on the device the AudioCopy app is running on, it's just BAD! (Even if I install the iPhone version of iMPC Pro 2 on my iPad I can not access the sound packs).

    Oh well, end of rant...

  • @Samu Thanks for the warning! Another reason not to update to 12.4.
    Doesn't iOS stand for "iPhone Operating System"?
    Time to separate iPad OS from iPhone OS development.

  • Still works for me in 12.4

    But i'm still running Sierra on my not so fresh Macbook.Dunno if that makes a difference.

  • @Crabman said:
    Still works for me in 12.4

    But i'm still running Sierra on my not so fresh Macbook.Dunno if that makes a difference.

    Could be. I'm running Mojave, strangely enough it works with the iPad Air 2(iOS12.4) but not with the iPhone 8 (iOS12.4).
    Oh well, hope AudioCopy.app get's files.app support (I can them up with iTunes but meeeeeh).

  • @rs2000 said:
    @Samu Thanks for the warning! Another reason not to update to 12.4.
    Doesn't iOS stand for "iPhone Operating System"?
    Time to separate iPad OS from iPhone OS development.

    Works with iPad Air 2(iOS12.4) but not with my iPhone 8(iOS12.4)...

  • @Samu said:

    @rs2000 said:
    @Samu Thanks for the warning! Another reason not to update to 12.4.
    Doesn't iOS stand for "iPhone Operating System"?
    Time to separate iPad OS from iPhone OS development.

    Works with iPad Air 2(iOS12.4) but not with my iPhone 8(iOS12.4)...

    Huh? :o

  • @rs2000 said:

    @Samu said:

    @rs2000 said:
    @Samu Thanks for the warning! Another reason not to update to 12.4.
    Doesn't iOS stand for "iPhone Operating System"?
    Time to separate iPad OS from iPhone OS development.

    Works with iPad Air 2(iOS12.4) but not with my iPhone 8(iOS12.4)...

    Huh? :o

    Yeah, that is what is puzzling me too...

  • edited August 17

    Problem for me with ifunbox is that if I try to copy a batch of files from iPad to my D drive that it initially wants to copy it to my C drive then move it. Annoying as the files I want to back up are way bigger than the remaining space on C. Hopefully with iOS13 I will have a way to copy direct to PC as I don’t want to spring for iMazing.

  • Works for me with Mac High Sierra and 12.4 on all my iDevices. Couldn’t get along without it!

  • @AudioGus said:
    Hopefully with iOS13 I will have a way to copy direct to PC as I don’t want to spring for iMazing.

    Don't know about Windows but on macOS the iOS/iPad Device will pop up in the finder and show all the files one can see on Files.app & iTunes FileSharing.

    Then again I think the easiest way will be to connect to a server/computer with Files.app using SMB and copy the files.

    Turned out I can't copy the files with iTunes either (I get error -1426). Guess I'll wait for iOS13/iPadOS as well...

    Regarding the 'content', I think I'm fed up with Akai's sample packs, whats the point with 20 second files with one single-shot in the middle, like WTF wasting disk-space... (It must be for the lazyass 'producers' who don't know how to sequence samples).

  • edited August 28

    @Samu okay,no i stumbled over the exact same issue.Tried to transfer the extra banks for iMono/Poly from my Mac.Easy task with iFunbox...i thought.The documents folder was still empty after i tried to put the files in.

    Only way was transfer with iTunes (Grrrrrrrrr).Ho would i even back up my sounds now?They don't show up in documents (also not in iTunes) and iMono doesn't seem to support aynthing else.Welcome 2 the last century.

  • @Crabman said:
    @Samu okay,no i stumbled over the exact same issue.Tried to transfer the extra banks for iMono/Poly from my Mac.Easy task with iFunbox...i thought.The documents folder was still empty after i tried to put the files in.

    Only way was transfer with iTunes (Grrrrrrrrr).Ho would i even back up my sounds now?They don't show up in documents (also not in iTunes) and iMono doesn't seem to support aynthing else.Welcome 2 the last century.

    I'm patiently waiting for iOS13/iPadOS and macOS Catalina so I can handle the file-management in the Finder.
    Don't know how well iOS13/iPadOS will integrate with Windows...

  • @Samu said:

    @AudioGus said:
    Hopefully with iOS13 I will have a way to copy direct to PC as I don’t want to spring for iMazing.

    Don't know about Windows but on macOS the iOS/iPad Device will pop up in the finder and show all the files one can see on Files.app & iTunes FileSharing.

    MMmmm, great, good to know!

    Then again I think the easiest way will be to connect to a server/computer with Files.app using SMB and copy the files.

    Will google SMB...

  • edited August 28

    @Samu said:

    @Crabman said:
    @Samu okay,no i stumbled over the exact same issue.Tried to transfer the extra banks for iMono/Poly from my Mac.Easy task with iFunbox...i thought.The documents folder was still empty after i tried to put the files in.

    Only way was transfer with iTunes (Grrrrrrrrr).Ho would i even back up my sounds now?They don't show up in documents (also not in iTunes) and iMono doesn't seem to support aynthing else.Welcome 2 the last century.

    I'm patiently waiting for iOS13/iPadOS and macOS Catalina so I can handle the file-management in the Finder.
    Don't know how well iOS13/iPadOS will integrate with Windows...

    All my important apps (Audioshare and DAWs) still work in iFunbox so that's good.It was the first time i stumble over this.I'll wait with iOS 13 until next year for sure.Unfortunately my Mac won't run Catalina i think.Too old.

  • @AudioGus said:

    Will google SMB...

    SMB is a standard file-sharing protocol used by practically all devices that can connect to a network :)

    In short, you'll be able to mount and the hard-drive on your computer in the Files.app and access the files as long as network file-sharing is enabled...

Sign In or Register to comment.