Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• looking forward to this ! and iphone version too !

• Flipping fripping tronics

• if we could only find some way to clone Igor and get him hired at all of these companies starting with novation, and akai, then native instruments and on and on and on..........

• @kobamoto said:
    if we could only find some way to clone Igor and get him hired at all of these companies starting with novation, and akai, then native instruments and on and on and on..........

+1 (with his colleague A. Zolotov)

• i wonder if it will come with an onscreen controller incase you don't carry an extra midi controller around with you, cause you could probably use another iOS controller but then you wouldn't be able to tweak the screen parameters like he's doing cause you'd need to be switching back and forth between apps?

• Awesome, any release date?

• I think (don't remember where I saw that ) that it's already submitted ! :)

• @Aphex said:
    Awesome, any release date?

I want a t-shirt that says ' Igor Gets It ' :)

• Igor works on a different frequency to a lot of app developers, I'm ready to tune in.

• he's part of an elite alien team of developers sent to earth to save the iOS community.

• Speechless ...

• Jonatan, Igor, Marcos, Rodrigo, Oliver, Ben, zolotov

• When I get bathed in SoundScaper, I keep thinking Sputnik is going to wizz by overhead.

• edited October 2015

if Igor ever makes a drumsampler/groovebox app .... I'm in!

• @kobamoto said:
    if Igor every makes a drumsampler/groovebox app .... I'm in!

On iOS, now that is the holy grail, a decent sampler, we have enough drums to create a marching band, but samplers with quality editing, slicing.....

• Shiiiiiiiiiiiit. Awesome! I can't wait for this. I don't think I have been eagerly awaiting an app this much since Audiobus.

• @knewspeak said:
    On iOS, now that is the holy grail, a decent sampler, we have enough drums to create a marching band, but samplers with quality editing, slicing.....

And follow, don't forget follow!

• @kobamoto said:
    I want a t-shirt that says ' Igor Gets It ' :)

Lol. And :(

• @kobamoto said:
    i wonder if it will come with an onscreen controller incase you don't carry an extra midi controller around with you, cause you could probably use another iOS controller but then you wouldn't be able to tweak the screen parameters like he's doing cause you'd need to be switching back and forth between apps?

good question in my opinion. As I work a lot with pedals and hardware, I'm used to have a couple of controllers and keyboards that I use at the same time. With iPad apps I do the same, just like in the video. There are some apps that allow direct input without external gear, which is good for simple sessions while traveling or sitting in a park. But often it just helps to have controllers and an interface.

Considering that there are a lot of affordable controllers available today (that was not the case 10 years ago), I think it is just a logical step to get some of them. It really helps for expression and real-time performance.

• agreed and I have many but lately I've been appreciating not carrying anything around with my ipad, I wouldn't mind if it had a little keyboard that popped out and even a gang of scales etc... to lock into, just for the sake of pad/finger completeness. could disappear when not in use.

• I understand. Attaching controllers always needs an interface or CCK. Despite all those well done apps and controllers there might be some improved workflow from app and controller designers. The Miselu C.24 is a good start I guess (I don't have it, so I don't know for sure, but I always liked the idea).

• edited October 2015

Which midi controller is he using in the clip? Is it a korg nano control?

• That's what it looks like.

• Yes it's a Nano

• Loved that video - instabuy, love all hos apps. I've used Soundscaper on a few of my tracks just to add some ambiance.

• can anyone explain what's going on with the third slot and the keyboard? I don't get it.

• edited October 2015

@syrupcore said:
    can anyone explain what's going on with the third slot and the keyboard? I don't get it.

Looks like the keyboard is being fed live to the third slot with a kind of jitter being altered again live via the nano control. In slot one 'shoppers', in two 'Dusty' pitch shifted down, is my guess.

• Oh my word. If ever an app had 'instant buy' stamped on it, it's this one. I love this man.