Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arpeggionome

2»

Comments

• Sometimes I just get lazy and leave the guitar out...lol. I've got some cool stuff coming soon!

• Got lot for longer than I expected with this today - now tha agonizing part is waiting to get 5 iBucks saved up so I can MIDI out!

• I did a video review of this app ages ago and for some crazy reason people seem to think I'm the dev..and I keep getting all sorts of mail moaning at me for the price...the most crazy one was some guy shouting at me about the fact that I was showing it controlling other app via midi and nothing about arpeggionome...I found this the weirdest one because primarily its function is to control others app via midi...ahhhh the strange and bizarre world of iOS...I even had one yesterday telling me that there was no way he was gonna pay 15 bucks for MY app when he could get FL Mobile to exactly the same thing..lol...anyhow..it's a great app

• @thesoundtestroom haha...I bet your increased exposure has been a real eye-opener!? :)

• Odd. If I see an app that I think is too expensive, I just don't buy it, rather than mailing the dev (or in your case, not even the dev!).

• Any tips for a relative newbie to arps? This thing is so powerful, but I find myself struggling to actually play something with it. It's really cool to mess around with, but I'm a little lost. Saw the video where someone plays Muse by changing Pattern Buttons which changed scale and realized I hadn't even thought of doing something like that! Any advice?

• @thesoundtestroom: I'm a regular on TouchArcade, and get that a lot when I post threads about new apps. It's sad how bad the "race to the bottom" is on iOS - music apps are a complete bargain compared to full blown PC versions...

@thesammiller: I love discovering things accidentally, and Arpeggionome is a great app for that. For help with playing live with arpeggios, I'd actually recommend looking at Tenori-On videos on YouTube, VJFranzK has some great tutorials. It's not quite the same, but often with the Tenori-On you're switching keys/patterns in the same way, and due to the visual aspect of the instrument you can see what is going on well. (And back to prices, the iTenori-On is a bargain at $20 vs $700-$1000 for the real thing!)