Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New deep ambient sci-fi track - Earth 2.0

IPhone 5 meets Macbook pro and a lot of tools. I hope i can add soon Fugue Machine on my iPhone too to experiment with it while let it trigger some abtract sounds.
A nice weekend to all here!
Cheers!

Comments

• Awe-inspiring...

I would love to slap some breaks and sub bass in amongst the vastness..

Great work

• edited October 2015

@DaveMagoo said:
    Awe-inspiring...

I would love to slap some breaks and sub bass in amongst the vastness..

Great work

Thank´s.... the first version had a lot more subs and some heavy low hits going on but it was a bit too much. I wanted it more ambient than cinematic this time ;) And it was over 10 minutes... maybe too boring over such a long time.
    Also my good headphone are broken and now i use some crappy 10 bucks things which i found between my old stuff. So i even ccan say if it sounds like it should ;)

• Great work! It would certainly make a good soundtrack for a sci-fi movie! :)

• Dreamy. What was your workflow between your MacBook iPhone 5 like?

• @mkell424 said:
    Dreamy. What was your workflow between your MacBook iPhone 5 like?

Thank you! I added iOS things in two ways here. First i sampled some of my iOS (mostly Mitosynth or Animoog) sounds and imported them f.e. into Omnisphere (or other tools) where i created patches with it.
    F.e. i recorded some nature sounds with the iPhone 5 in the forest (sounds better than i thought). Made some Mitosynth patches with it. Then i sampled these Mitosynth patches, mangled them trough some FX and imported them into Omnisphere 2 or Alchemy 2 (and also NanoStudio). Then i can go further and make an instrument out of it ;)

One of my favourite samples is still the woodspecker i recorded a while ago. I used it in many patches (you find it also in my Mitosynth patch bank) and it´s awesome what you can do with it. No drummer plays like a woodspecker for sure. You can really make great percussive or FX things out of such a short sample with the right tools. And it feels nice when everything is self made (beside the nature helps me out).

Then i used also the iPhone 5 direct to play audio to Logic. Normally i also like to use ThumbJam f.e. as midi controller but this time i played everything live just via the macbook keyboard. Sometimes it´s more useful for me than a touch screen or even a midi masterkeyboard ;)

• @Cinebient Thanks. :) This is the forum at its' best. It's all about learning from each other. I take it you are out and about with your iPhone during the day creating as you go. I was looking at getting Omnisphere but the price is really high. What is it that makes it worth the money?

• edited October 2015

Omnisphere 2 is expensive yes and can be overwhelming with 80GB content of sound sources and over 10000 patches :O.
    But for what you get it's worth for me. It not only comes with tons of great patches which inspires but also with unique sound sources and phrases.
    I also like that it is multi timbral. The FX section inside it is huge and the modulation is awesome.

Omnisphere can do nearly every genre i could imagine. It can't do all but it can do most things excellent. Also there are tons of videos to find about it. I would recommend to watch "pluginguru" on youtube f.e. and what "Luftrum" does with it.

It's def. in my Top 5 synth list together with Alchemy 2, Dune 2, Zebra, Bazille (began to explore it a few days ago and it is awesomness pure!).

Sadly there is no chance to test Omnisphere 2 but it's one the synths which could replace 20 other tools ;)