Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

If I'm still on 8, should I upgrade app that are "updated for the latest version of Audiobus"?

I have updated to the most recent version of Audiobus. But, I am still on iOS 8. A lot of apps have upgrades for iOS nine. Some apps say that they are an upgrade for the new version of Audiobus.

I tend to operate under the philosophy of if it ain't broke don't fix it. However new features get me to upgrade.

If I have the new version of Audiobus, well things just run better if I upgrade my apps?

Comments

• I do. I wait to upgrade the entire iOS, but I figure if an app switches to iOS +1 support only, I'll find out soon enough ;)

Otherwise, there should be enough backwards compatibility baked in to continue business as usual. Might be more of a concern if you were on 7.x.x ...

• @johnfromberkeley If the app is important to you, it might be wise to ask around first. It's not unheard of for updates to break things.

• @Paul said:
    johnfromberkeley If the app is important to you, it might be wise to ask around first. It's not unheard of for updates to break things.

Agreed. There's just been so much less noise with 9 than 8. Seems like less of a general issue.

• I've often wondered this as I tend to click updates automatically.