Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fugue Machine, Getting Started Tutorial for iPad

Comments

• Good showing of the app. I wonder if the dev would later add more than 4 heads? You could do a rendition of Tubular Bells?

• Brilliant as always, Doug. Really explains the app well. Thanks a lot.

• Thanks Sir Doug. Excellent stuff, as ever. I think as good a measure (for me) of an app's initial wow-factor is always the sense I get early on of 'damn, must get on with it, people will be making crazy brilliant stuff with this!'. Fugue falls into this category with (yes, tubular) bells on.

• Great demo - I was going to wait for this, but I jumped early and have spent hours on it already, it is very very cool.

• I love it and it's only going to get better, I shall be revisiting Arpeggionome very soon too

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I love it and it's only going to get better, I shall be revisiting Arpeggionome very soon too

Wish you would. Never really 'got on' with it and that slight distaste put me off getting Fugue until I saw Jakob and had a Barry Davies moment (it's all football today round here), cut to 51secs.:

• edited October 2015

The video has definitely helped me - I bought the app early and tried creating something like their demos, with four apps at once, and it sounded bloody awful. Keeping it simple though, with just a few notes, and maybe one or two apps connected seems the way to go. Just recorded a really nice ambient dream with it.

• @richiehoop said:
    Brilliant as always, Doug. Really explains the app well. Thanks a lot.

+1, answers the questions i had. Thankyou doug. Looks like a very well laid out app.

• Gotta love an app that makes it sound like you could shoot out the intro to "Baba O'Reilly" and endless variations of Pachobel with equal abandon. Thanks, Doug!

• @eustressor said:
    Gotta love an app that makes it sound like you could shoot out the intro to "Baba O'Reilly" and endless variations of Pachobel with equal abandon. Thanks, Doug!

Speaking of Pachelbel, here is my first attempt at Soundcloud, audio share and Fugue Machine. Sorry for the really poor abrupt ending and really boring sounds but this is a really fun app!!

• @fprintf said:

Good effort. Not at all Musicalische Sterbens-Gedancken.

I have always loved the thought that a nine or ten year old Bach apparently met Pachelbel. A precursor to tumbler's awesome people hanging out together maybe....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Good effort. Not at all Musicalische Sterbens-Gedancken.

I had to look that up! Musical thoughts on death and dying. It didn't quite sound like dying cats, but on a listen again this morning it isn't very good. But you get the idea.

• @fprintf - Hey, that's a really nice little piece you've got going there. And you didn't even razz me for my "Taco Bell" spelling of Pachelbel ;) Seriously, though, imagine running that same sequence through Animoog or Sunrizer, with maybe a hint of Aux: Dub or EchoPad and you have nothing at all boring - but I do see the Pachelbel influence on the phrasing, especially on the resolution. But hey, if that's your first fling with Fugue, you two have a brilliant future on the horizon. Thank you for sharing!

@JohnnyGoodyear - I have a similar fascination with the notion that young Beethoven just might have met Mozart :)

• @fprintf said:

To this noob - a very nice sounding piece - the sorta stuff I'm hoping to do. These nifty demo's and examples are gonna drive me to the poor-house - now i HAVE to go get that app!! :-)