Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FIXED: Auria: Trouble with recording vox in. Anyone else? (10,000 points to @Washboy)

Having no trouble recording other apps/synths etc, but nothing going on trying to record with my mic (which works perfectly well with everything else).

Was working fine before I went away and leaves me to conclude either a) VERSION NINE! (and Auria) or b) I have forgotten a magic thingie button/slider/toggle.

Just wondering if anyone else is noticing the same thing (Air 1/latest iOS)?

Comments

• Have you checked the input matrix?

In Auria go to Menu --> Input Matrix

This opens up a patch bay type UI, just make sure your mic is patched to the correct channel on the track. Basically the little square that corresponds to your mic input is lit up yellow in the correct column.

• @richardyot Thanks for the notion. I have always managed to avoid the input matrix but shall now dive in etc.

• @richardyot said:
    Have you checked the input matrix?

In Auria go to Menu --> Input Matrix

This opens up a patch bay type UI, just make sure your mic is patched to the correct channel on the track. Basically the little square that corresponds to your mic input is lit up yellow in the correct column.

Nah. No luck. Even works fine in Cubasis (which I hadn't opened up in a year or more). Have to keep beating on it with a rock I guess (or wait for an update :).

• Like BÖC sang, "Don't fear the input matrix." Sooner or later you have to dive in. 40,000 men and women everyday.

Having said that, I'll allow Auria's been acting a bit squirrelly lately for me as well. It's almost like it KNOWS about, y'know ... that thing that's coming ...

• @eustressor said:
    Like BÖC sang, "Don't fear the input matrix." Sooner or later you have to dive in. 40,000 men and women everyday.

Having said that, I'll allow Auria's been acting a bit squirrelly lately for me as well. It's almost like it KNOWS about, y'know ... that thing that's coming ...

I know. Lame duck daw disease...

• edited October 2015

You can set with a long press on record (red dot) on the track for the level for the mic (and recording the fx), do you get a headphone signal from your device ?

Ps. Can only gratulate to your question, found out just now about this- thanks to you (and your trouble) and to @eustressor!

Oh you check the light-yellow dots in the matrix on the left hand side, yes?

• @crzycrs

I will check out the long press thought/option, thanks. And thanks for the gratulation :)

• i'm running Air 1/latest iOS as well. Just recorded vocals three sets on Saturday into Auria.

No problems at all. But...........That is not to say I won't have issues next time I try to record vocals.

I've been having issues recording into Auria for a while now. I've posted a few times on it. There was the one where I was recording in stereo with Bias FX, and it was only recording the top waveform, not the bottom. No matter what I tried or adjusted. Then, magically, it recorded in stereo again for me.

But wait, the other night, it didn't. And then there is this, I never know if Audiobus or IAA is going to work for me the night I try to record into Auria. Lately it's been IAA. A while ago it has been Audiobus.

I have no idea why it's so inconsistent, and sporadic? So the vocals I did on Saturday, not sure if I really like how they turned out, except for the 3rd take, when my 5 year old daughter sang. ;) Will it work for me this weekend? We will see.

• edited October 2015

It might be an idea to make sure that your iOS9 u/g didn't result in the microphone permissions being disabled for Auria (in iOS Settings -> Privacy).

• edited October 2015

@Washboy said:
    It might be an idea to make sure that your iOS9 u/g didn't result in the microphone permissions being disabled for Auria (in iOS Settings -> Privacy).

And, ladies and gentleman, we have a winner!

It was indeed turned off. The only one out of more apps than I probably ever should have bought :) And now, thanks to the savant @Washboy I can go back to making a mess and doing what I do best...

Thank you many times Mister Washboy.

• Cor, I got sumfink right! Well, it had to happen sooner or later ;)

Very pleased you're up 'n' running again, @JohnnyGoodyear.

• @High5denied said:

I've been having issues recording into Auria for a while now. I've posted a few times on it. There was the one where I was recording in stereo with Bias FX, and it was only recording the top waveform, not the bottom. No matter what I tried or adjusted. Then, magically, it recorded in stereo again for me.

But wait, the other night, it didn't. And then there is this, I never know if Audiobus or IAA is going to work for me the night I try to record into Auria. Lately it's been IAA. A while ago it has been Audiobus.

I have no idea why it's so inconsistent, and sporadic?

I've had something similar too - seems to drop stereo occasionally until I reload and set up a new channel.

I've always found Auria a bit of a random experience.

• edited October 2015

@High5denied - I remember that - I actually almost mentioned your guitar input thread as an example of recent odd behavior. Auria's always been rock solid for me, until the last few months, when I've been having issues that aren't quite up there with "not working" or "cannot use," but definitely qualify as "just kick it a few times, it'll work."

Atypical in my experience, and only these last few months. I think the current build just knows it's the last of it's kind. Like the Last Unicorn saying, "I am the last fucking unicorn. I do last unicorn things."

EDIT: The fact it behaved properly while your daughter was in the room further supports the unicorn theory ;)

• @eustressor said:
    High5denied - I remember that - I actually almost mentioned your guitar input thread as an example of recent odd behavior. Auria's always been rock solid for me, until the last few months, when I've been having issues that aren't quite up there with "not working" or "cannot use," but definitely qualify as "just kick it a few times, it'll work."

Atypical in my experience, and only these last few months. I think the current build just knows it's the last of it's kind. Like the Last Unicorn saying, "I am the last fucking unicorn. I do last unicorn things."

EDIT: The fact it behaved properly while your daughter was in the room further supports the unicorn theory ;)

lol, indeed it does!