Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Mastering App coming soon...resembles iZotope Ozone 5

Positive Grid (JamUp Pro XT) has been designing a mastering app for quite some time now. I'm a tester (of course) and I must say, the look and feel of the app really resembles Ozone 5 for the desktop. I can't give out a whole lot of info at the moment, but here is the website. Wipe the drool off the corner of your mouth...and yes, Audiobus will be supported.
http://masteringapp.com/

Comments

• Wow..it does look like ozone..which Iv'e used for years..and yeah I need a tissue for the drool..wow..have you shown this to Ryan..

• @thesoundtestroom yes, I was talking with @Ryan about it about a month ago...tons of presets and cool stuff going on here. I'll fill you in more when I can...definitely get a promo code your way when it's released!

• Thanks man...it does look the business..

• @thesoundtestroom I think I'll be spending quite a bit of time transferring presets/settings from the desktop to this iPad version...I don't think I'll need my computer much longer after that...lol

• Wow that looks very impressive. The other mastering app that came out the other day will have some serious competition if this app is as impressive as it looks.

• Must admit when I saw the mastering app that came out the other day.. at first I thought it was this. I'm glad you are announcing it Derek. Looks so good. I can't wait to get my hands on this. :-)

• Although the new app we reviewed is great I think very intuative and a great way to learn..this thing looks like the pro job..

• @Ravensfrost I really like the other Audio Mastering App...no complaints there...but Positive Grid is a serious force to be reckoned with in iOS music production...top notch company...with a whole mess of other stuff in the works as well. It's going to be a good year for iOS.

• i agree I've just bought the jamup package..

• And Ryan go and check your iosmars inbox..theres something there for you....

• JamUp is so great for all kinds of guitar tones...and for effecting synths as well. Speaking of JamUp and mastering...here's my 2nd take with the Audio Mastering App. I'll have to do a side-by-side comparison when PG's mastering app comes out.

• @DerekBuddemeyer: Have you gotten any word from PG about a release date or price for their mastering app? My mastering needs are very simple, but if it's competitively priced, I'd be interested in comparing the two.

• @Ravensfrost it should be around $30 (US) and hopefully released sometime this summer. Over 100 presets with all the bells and whistles. Should satisfy the smallest needs and also be able to tackle the most demanding production values.

• Hi Derek, any updates on this? Thanks

• Is there any iPhone mastering app out there?

• Any further sightings of the PG mastering app?? I'm holding off and holding off buying the other audio mastering app in the hope for the PG one but am getting a feeling the PG one is nowhere near yet...?

• Sorry guys...I'm out of the loop on this one as I am no longer with positive grid....haven't heard a word from them about it in the last 6 months.

• Thanks Derek, looks like I'll just get the other app then. Hope u parted ways amicably...?!

• Well....we won't get into that...lol. Audiomastering does a fine job...haven't tried the other one for iPhone the Howie Weinberg one

• edited January 2014

Really liking the UI on this one. And that looks like a multi-band compressor, hadn't noticed that before! I hope the EQ will use the same UI, something like a 8-12 band parametric with adjustable bandwidth down to surgical numbers ;). If anyone from PG is reading this, any news at all you can share about it?

http://masteringapp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/iPad_Mastering2.jpg

• Ios 7 only or will 6.1 work is another concern for some of us. It seems a bit pre mature to be killing off 6.1 like only a few so far have done and lost my support.

• Still surprised so many people are looking for mastering specific all in one apps for mastering on the iPad. Auria and the Fabfilter IAP plug ins it has is about the most powerful set of tools you could want for that job.

• Agree with Tarekith!

• edited January 2014

Sure. But I'm personally hoping Positive Grid will have an Auria native version (since they are on board that train already), adding another tool in there. And an IAA/AB compat stand alone version available to process shit from/into other apps.

Another usage for apps like this is just to quickly process/enhance that crappy song you made in bed, before slapping it on soundcloud, or whatever.

It's another tool, that looks like it's gonna be pretty high-end stuff (at least by iOS standards, outside Auria). Also, it is another app. And....you can never have too many apps..

• edited March 2014

• Auria, Fabfilter EQ, micro warmer, psp oldtimer, pro-L....$160. Even after all this, I still run it through audiomastering...lol. I don't have the Pro-L plugin....$40 is steep but I'm sure I'll get it.

• Pro-L is the best limiter I've ever used, I use it daily in my mastering business. Love having that exact same functionality on the iPad with Auria, though oversampling destroys your CPU meter pretty darn fast too :)