Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Need a bit 'o help with using Effects in AB

First - I'm a super iPad music noob - Only be at it a few weeks but loving every second! For the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to operate the Effects device when I create a simple Synth-Turnado-Meteor path. Have also tried Sunrizer-Magellan-AudioShare.

In all cases I can't figure out how to make the effect-device actually DO something! I have COMBED YouTube and the 'net and all I find is people showing the keyboard skills, and no real "noob-help".

I suspect this is quite easy - I'm just missing a little piece... Would be great for some details about using Turnado as that one REALLY mystifies me - but any help/link would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Audiobus preset 'MagEffect': http://preset.audiob.us/ATVSEdRLd4TIRNT

Try the saved state above. From Sunrizer you can toggle Magellen on and off in the AB side panel to hear the effect.

• hey seachord, make sure the effect is actually turned on, in your input app there should be an on/off button for turnado in the audiobus panel

• edited October 2015

Yep. And some apps have "bypass" option instead of "on/ off"

• Yep - I'm pretty clear about the 'on/off' button. I've actually tried it both ways just in case there was an opposite 'sense' of what 'on' meant.

Do you need to have the INPUT device playing a recording so there is something going to the effect - it seems this would be the case - especially in the case of Turnado - I don't see any way to play the input device FROM it.

@funjunkie - thanks for that preset - I'll give that a go. Seeing the actual settings ma be a bit help.

• No worries @seachord. I had Audioshare in the O/P, but that didn't appear to be part of the saved state. I thought AS supported state saving, but I guess not.