Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• edited October 2015

That does look awesome - not necessarily for music, but for digital art it looks pretty much perfect.

• The erase was a bit weird - erased the whole line instead of parts of it. Not for me, I've spent the last few years trying to escape from Microsoft's clutches. My job today is to create some Word templates for a client, and have spent most of the week toiling with the interface from hell that is Word. Apple aren't perfect, but I'd rather eat my own leg than buy another Windows device.

• edited October 2015

Really cool

• edited October 2015

First, iOS can be great and some apps (or a lot of them) are awesome.... but i found Microsoft gone a good way in the last years compared to Apple.

The Surface Pro 4, the Surface Book and the latest Lumia smartphones with continuum etc. are very interesting things for me.

I never thought that i even would consider a windows device again. Now i do really.

For me they just released or at least try to make more interesting things as Apple with just minor updates every year. The same devices, just with software features added which already exist since years.

There is nowhere a revolution but i like Microsoft vision of a evolution much more. That might change again.
    If now windows would get more developers love, i would be happy.

It's just time that Apple gets a huge kick ;)

• Its great to see some real innovattive competition at long last

• edited October 2015

I saw the 1.3 videos from the dev and I have to admit I lost my mind. Already have Bitwig, if anyone's curious will let you know what it's like on the touchscreen when the device comes in the mail. Sorry iPad Pro? I still love you Air 2.

• @Littlewoodg:
    Please do. I am extremely curious how useful that gesture system will be.

• edited October 2015

Bitwig looks cool but way too pricey for me. I like my mobile apps cheap.

• As long as I can get my data to and from an OS I'm interested, cos iOS at the moment in this regard is seriously f

• @monzo said:
    My job today is to create some Word templates for a client, and have spent most of the week toiling with the interface from hell that is Word. Apple aren't perfect, but I'd rather eat my own leg than buy another Windows device.

I'm of the same opinion. I switched in 2003 and haven't looked back. My job requires that I work with Windows and I can see the difference. OSX is based on UNIX.

• wow, that's veeery interesting. i wonder why they aren't porting this to ios.

this definitely makes me more interested in the surface than i was previously.

• It's good news and they are targeting musicians too which is a good sign.

The thing is its not in competition with the iPad at all, for me it would work along side it. I would still keep and use my iPads I just wouldn't use my desktop/laptop as much. Hope this brings touch versions of the Adobe creative suite soon.

But yeah I was thinking of a MacBook Pro in the future but the surface book looks a better option for me now.

• edited October 2015

@Carnbot said:

But yeah I was thinking of a MacBook Pro in the future but the surface book looks a better option for me now.

@mkell424 said:
    I'm of the same opinion. I switched in 2003 and haven't looked back. My job requires that I work with Windows and I can see the difference. OSX is based on UNIX.

The thing that swung it for me was the cost of software for the Mac - I'm a designer/developer, and Affinity Designer and Photo are pretty much complete copies of Illustrator and Photoshop, for about 5% of the cost. Music wise you've got Logic, and the hardware is rock solid for recording on. My Macbook Pro is over three years old and still rock solid, compared to a whole batch of knackered Windows laptops we have that seem to fall apart after a couple of years.

Saying that I generally prefer using Win7 to OSX - it's easier for me to find my way around and I seem to work quicker on a PC, but that's probably down to familiarity. When the 27" retina iMac get refreshed I'll be replacing my workhorse desktop Windows PC with one of those.

• I like choices.

• After seeing Windows Surface Book, I thought WOW. Then the price........... Oh dear!........ I bet(not literary).... Or guess that I wonder if we will see a Mac Pad Pro at the end of this year?....... Something I was hoping for in the iPad Pro? Mmmmmm

• As I wait for the postman to bring me Surface Pro 3, my thinking is It will find a place next to my iPad AIr 2.

• @Littlewoodg

Interested to hear how you get on with this combination.

• Lucky you.

• @studs1966 said:
    Lucky you.

Used to be, if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have had no luck at all.

I thought the same in the same order about that Surface Book, it's something else $-wise and other wise. If I didnt already own Bitwig id have waited for Apple to be the first tablet with full DAW. The deals on i7 Surface Pro 3s helped too, they may even get better as the 4 rolls out...

• Mmmmmm...... Time to sell the wife on E-Bay methinks, so I can get a Surface Pro.......

• Too bad I'm incapable at saving money...

• Yeah the price stings a bit, unlikely for me for the near future

• edited October 2015

@studs1966 said:
    Mmmmmm...... Time to sell the wife on E-Bay methinks, so I can get a Surface Pro.......

Hope she don't watch this forum.... would be your last day on earth ;)

I wish apple made such a device like the Surface Book. Imagine a device which can run OSX, iOS, windows, linux.... whatever and transforms into an iPad Pro with real desktop OS when needed. I would pay 3 grands for the maxed version :D
    Even the windows event was thousands time better than apples "amazing" show.
    But i'm still interested to see new macbook pros in 2016.

• I'm a committed iOS guy for music-making, but I must give credit where it's due: In the Surface Book, Microsoft has created the best example yet of a device that can function as a tablet but with the power & flexibility of a full computer.

Numerous people on this forum have been asking when Apple will support universal apps that run on both tablets (iOS) and computers (OSX). This is exactly what Microsoft has done. I say hats off to them.

• @monzo said:
    When the 27" retina iMac get refreshed I'll be replacing my workhorse desktop Windows PC with one of those.

I got a 27" iMac for my family a few years ago and haven't had a single problem.

My 2003 17" PowerBook(laptop) still works. I gave it to my parents 10 years ago. Unfortunately they had to stop using it because Adobe stopped making Flash for Power PC CPUs. :)

• edited October 2015

@thus said:
    I'm a committed iOS guy for music-making, but I must give credit where it's due:

Numerous people on this forum have been asking when Apple will support universal apps that run on both tablets (iOS) and computers (OSX). This is exactly what Microsoft has done. I say hats off to them.

The hybrid concept is cool. I'm a fan of using my iPad and desktop together.

I curious with one Suface can you have a DAW like Ableton run its audio through an effects tablet app like reverb, and have record it back into Ableton? AudioBus is what you use on the iPad. Is there a Windows version of AudioBus? Is there enough RAM and CPU power to handle it?

• that would be determined by your vst host I would think, whether it's ableton or something else.