Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song of the Month Club - October

Comments

• @richardyot said:
    Done :)

Thank you kind sir.

• @Igneous1 said:
    Yet another exclusively Korg Gadget realised offering. In my usual structureless, avant-noodling, dancing-challenge style. (Mastered on the Desktop this time)

Nice work! Definitely more accessible than the last couple, but challenging in all the right ways! The breaks at 1:40 are awesome, and then the change ups continue right along from there. You definitely can keep a solid foundation listening though.

• @Igneous1 said:
    Many thanks to everyone who has commented so positively on my track this month.

We recently had to put our canine friend to sleep after having looked after her for over 14 and a half years. I haven't felt like doing very much creatively since, but I managed to get this track finished. So it means quite a lot.

Sorry to hear this Igneous1. I've lost a few dogs. It isn't easy. Best advice someone told me was to get another dog. I love those furry animals.

• @Jocphone said:
    Well that's better High5denied, but the vocals still need bringing out (louder?).

Forgot to say, I love the energy and the drums on your track. Did you program all those drum variations? What did you create them in?

Thanks for the listening and thoughts on the vocals. I've listened to it on my car stereo, audio technica's, and apple earbuds. Have yet to make it down to my studio monitors. I appreciate having extra ears, as it is really really helpful to know what needs to be adjusted in a song.

I did all the drums in Figure. So.....I kinda cheated, lol....But I liked the result I got. Plus it kept me right on tempo. ;)

• @Igneous Dogs. Tough stuff. Always felt it a mistake of evolution that they don't live for at least fifty years. They love us. And us them. Perhaps more than anything pretty much. As someone mentioned, lock your wife and your dog in the garage for an hour. Come back and open the door. See which one's just so happy to see you...

• @High5denied Yes. Late to the vocal party, but take it as a big plus that we all have so much to say/encourage on the subject. If the quality wasn't there then even amateur mixers like myself wouldn't be going on about it.

I'm sure you will continue to nibble away at this one and learn stuff in the process, but I'm already looking forward to what you do with that experience moving forward.

• @High5denied said:
    I did all the drums in Figure. So.....I kinda cheated, lol....But I liked the result I got. Plus it kept me right on tempo. ;)

Nonsense to cheating. By any means necessary is the unofficial motto round here (or should be). Have not being paying attention to Figure's progress. Didn't realise it was on the bus. Either great drum track, still takes skill and taste to put the whole thing together.

• @Jocphone said:
    Nonsense to cheating. By any means necessary is the unofficial motto round here (or should be). Have not being paying attention to Figure's progress. Didn't realise it was on the bus. Either great drum track, still takes skill and taste to put the whole thing together.

• @LostBoy85 said:
    High5denied Hey man,wow! Well I can tell you put a lot into this mate.You have a cool voice so don't be shy with it,bring it up in the mix as its a little quiet:)
    I love the lyrics,it's mostly song titles right? Anyone who manages to reference Roxette songs in their track is fine by me! Haha! Great job! On this one occasion will you accept my high five??:D

Hey, thanks so much for the comments. Yup, you got it, mostly song titles, and a few borrowed lyrics from some songs, 80's and 90's. Was thinking someone might catch on. lol.....An occasional high 5 is ok. ;)

I appreciate the cool voice comment.

• @richardyot said:
    High5denied the vocals definitely need to come up some more, it's really hard to follow the lyrics at the moment. Also as Jocphone said some compression and a little reverb might help them. I think the singing and melodies are good, but it's really hard to judge them when they are buried in the mix.

There's an interesting mix of sounds going on there, I'd quite like to see how this style develops over the coming months.

Thank you for listening and for the helpful comments. I will add some compression and raise the vocals a bit more and see what that does. I'm curious too, on how this will develop in the next few months.

• Dilemna? Some things are hard to shake

• I just lost my eight month old cat, came back from walking the dog this evening to be told she had been run over.

• @richardyot, sorry to hear about your cat. :( That's how I lost one of my dogs, saw him get run over by a milk truck.

• @richardyot said:
    I just lost my eight month old cat, came back from walking the dog this evening to be told she had been run over.

That sucks.

• @Richardyot ah man,I'm so sorry for you:(

• Thanks - she was curled up beside me on the bed last night as I noodling in Gadget, and sat on my lap this morning as I was posting on the forum. I get even more attached to cats than I do dogs, so I'm very upset.

• Sorry to hear about your cat, Richard.
    It's remarkable how attached we can get to our pets. The bonds can be very strong.

• Terrible news Richard. The world must feel a cruel place tonight.

• Thanks again, it's a bit weird that it happened on the very day we were talking about dead pets. Life is full of these little synchronicities.

Anyway, I don't want to completely derail the thread, please let normal service resume.

• @BvsMV, I really like the song. Very simple little keys/synth, and then when the guitar comes into the song it really ads another layer to it. I didn't expect that guitar to be in there, it was a nice surprise. Is it a real guitar, or a synth? Sorry hard for me to tell.

The ending is very nice with the riff the one other instrument behind it. It seems like the song ending stops too abruptly. Like it needs a longer fade out or something?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    High5denied Yes. Late to the vocal party, but take it as a big plus that we all have so much to say/encourage on the subject. If the quality wasn't there then even amateur mixers like myself wouldn't be going on about it.

I'm sure you will continue to nibble away at this one and learn stuff in the process, but I'm already looking forward to what you do with that experience moving forward.

Better late than never ;)

Thank you for the kind words, and listening. I am looking forward to learning things, and appreciate all the feedback.

This thread is a good one, so great to hear others songs, and get feedback and info on ones own songs.

• @richardyot So, so sorry Richard. :(

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I love this. Necessity/mother/invention etc. Wardrobes, old deck chairs. Brilliant.

It was either the one pair of tights in the house or my deckchair. Considering I had the tights on, the chair it was! ;)

• edited October 2015

@richardyot said:

I just lost my eight month old cat, came back from walking the dog this evening to be told she had been run over.

Sad to hear about your cat. I know how hard that is. Hope you find some peace in it all.

• Sorry to hear about the loss of family pets. Always an inevitability (as with family members) but always very sad and sometimes premature. I find music can really help the grieving process. Here is a track I wrote almost 2 years ago now after we lost Harry, a bichon frise who was quite a character:

• @AlterEgo_UK.

Wow, As soon as the piano started it had me. Very beautiful song. Then the synth comes in, it adds another dimension, makes it even more awesome of a song. Love it.

• @AlterEgo_UK Bichons. Just about the cheekiest, most endearing, personality-pups on the planet. And most of them (males anyway) have names like Harry, Henry, Arthur. We had a Clifford (best dog ever etc) and was just in the garden of my sister's pub in London and met a Keith. I've had and mourned many dogs, including large and manly beasts who would attack things on demand and haul the sled of my own self-confidence all day long, but none of them inhabited my flimsy heart like that ridiculous Bichon.

• @High5denied said:

The ending is very nice with the riff the one other instrument behind it. It seems like the song ending stops too abruptly. Like it needs a longer fade out or something?

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I thought of that. I decided to end it because the song was pushing 5 minutes with the build up. In retrospect I should have decreased the build one bar to extend the fade one bar.

As for your track, I thought it had some very interesting ideas. It had some good harmonies and I liked the bass synth. But the whole thing seemed very quiet and kind of muddy. Definitely push the vocals up next time. Keep up the good work!

• @BvsMV Thanks for the feedback. What are the usual culprits of muddy-ness? How does one usually go about fixing it, usually?