Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song of the Month Club - October

Comments

• edited October 2015

thank you @AlterEgo_UK - Very kind.

• @BvsMV Wow! I really liked this track very nice little melodies going off in all directions.I loved how you kept me guessing with the kick,very unpredictable.Really nice job!:D

• @AlterEgo_UK Thanks very much mate,I'm so pleased you like it! Yeah I agree with you on some of those harmonies...but there so bloody high!! :D

• Just quickly,could someone please explain to me how you get different pictures on your soundcloud songs? I'm sure it's super easy...I'm just a bit retarded when it comes to this kind of stuff:D cheers in advance!

• @LostBoy85 said:
    Just quickly,could someone please explain to me how you get different pictures on your soundcloud songs? I'm sure it's super easy...I'm just a bit retarded when it comes to this kind of stuff:D cheers in advance!

If I click on this guys big head (or anywhere in the pic) an option to load an/another image pops up...

• Even better if a past a pic with the label on it :)

• James Milner. One of my favourite players for Aston Villa in recent times. He played Centre Mid and had a cracking final season with us.

• Thanks @JohnnyGoodyear appreciate it!:)

• Much appreciated @AlterEgo_UK & thanks for listening & commenting. Yep, a resounding "Turn the vocals up" from all, will help me with mixing levels (& confidence) on future SOTMC entries. I need to research mastering as I did toss the song through the Rock preset in Audio Mastering but I can't seem to achieve the same volume level that all the brilliant song writers on this forum do. Thanks again.

• @LostBoy85 said:
    BvsMV Wow! I really liked this track very nice little melodies going off in all directions.I loved how you kept me guessing with the kick,very unpredictable.Really nice job!:D

Thank you so much!

Your track was really good as well! Love the key change at 1:45, is that something you can just do in Session Band? Impressive vocals as always!

• @Bluepunk said:
    BvsMV professional sounding mixed to perfection for me. I love those chords/notes you have used which are wonderfully highlighted by the bass. I wish we could use those GB (Smart) instruments in the output of AB.

Thank you so much! Yeah, it's a real pain to solo and bounce the instruments so you can use them in other things.

As for your track, great work! The drums were really good! I loved the fills. Impressive that you used guitarism!

• Weird, I just used impressive twice.

• edited October 2015

@richardyot said:
    BvsMV Nice understated downtempo tracks, quite subtle and definitely benefits from multiple listens. Surprising to hear such cool sounds emanating from the synths in Garageband.

Thank you @richardyot. I have a three year old and a three month old, so be found that GarageBand on my phone is a very powerful tool for a working when I get a few seconds. Thanks for taking the time to the song build!

• Hi - will get onto reviewing the latest tracks I haven't got to. Promise :).

@BvsMV - I thought your track was fantastic. Extremely polished and lovely sounding. I was listening to Bonobo and then switched to have a listen to your track... and then forgot and thought I was listening to Bonobo (therre' a compliment in there).

• Here's my latest effort. I know, i know - i've been productive this month.

Another non-Gadget downtempo track - which seem to take me less time to produce than all the tweaking in Gadget.

Apps used: Patterning, Animoog, Alchemy, iSem... with Genome and Fugue Machine driving them... track by track into MultiTrack DAW... then effected through IAA with Crystaline, a touch of Turnando on the drums, and MasterRecord on the master track.

Really keen to know what people think...

• Like it. Accomplished. Effective. Professional. Didn't grab any part of my anatomy and insert itself in to me with either seduction or vengeance. Nor, I imagine, was that your intention, but I would like to know what your intention was I guess. You have a developing mastery of your tools. I am greedy and now I want some more :)

• edited October 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Like it. Accomplished. Effective. Professional. Didn't grab any part of my anatomy and insert itself in to me with either seduction or vengeance. Nor, I imagine, was that your intention, but I would like to know what your intention was I guess. You have a developing mastery of your tools. I am greedy and now I want some more :)

Thanks. Erm... i'm really enjoying listening to quite under-stated electonia and 'down tempo' stuff at the moment (Bonobo, Vector Lovers etc.) and I guess I just wanted to make another chilled out but interesting and 'rich' sounding track that might go well with my last 'Las Vegas Slowed Down' track. Similar tools / workflow and similar vibe I hope.

• edited October 2015

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Hi - will get onto reviewing the latest tracks I haven't got to. Promise :).

BvsMV - I thought your track was fantastic. Extremely polished and lovely sounding. I was listening to Bonobo and then switched to have a listen to your track... and then forgot and thought I was listening to Bonobo (therre' a compliment in there).

Wow, I love Bonobo. Thanks a lot for that. I take that as a very high compliment. I didn't listen to your new one yet, but if the rest of your productivity this month and the apps you described are any indication, I will like it a lot.

• I hear you (in both ways :).

I'm afraid I'm going to be worse than useless by saying that as a punter this one -while good, polished etc etc- doesn't work for me in the same way Vegas does. But then I thought Vegas was, of its sort, one of the best things I'd heard here.

DAMN FICKLE FANS AND THEIR UNEXPLAINABLE FICKLEFANESS!

• @BvsMV said:
    Here's mine for October: https://m.soundcloud.com/bvsmv/the-next-day/s-WJ245

It was an iOS/Abelton hybrid after my last all iOS submission. It's kind of a slow builder, not so much going on in traditional song structure. I used iKaosillator for a lot of the synth flourishes, and then degraded the sounds in Master Record to give it a noisy, worn out quality. A lot of the bass and pad sequencing was done in Garageband for iOS, and then I tweaked away on my Mac. I am really starting to like this workflow. I can jam away on my walk to work on my phone, and then tweak away on my Macbook to my hearts content. I then export stems to Abelton and jam some more.

Hey @BvsMV, Just listened. The first minute, well I was waiting for it. And then........just like you said it's a slow builder. But it builds beautifully. The synth that is prevalent in it towards the middle and end, reminds me of an electric guitar, with some Chorus and the slightest bit of overdrive on it(Not distortion). Very nice song. I enjoyed it.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000,

Great song, around the 2:27 mark, I really like the synths and the sound they create, they continue to almost the 3 min. mark. The synth sound you use at end the song with has a great sound as well, and well as a guitar player, I don't know if it's called a riff when a synth is played, but I like the simple little synth riff. The beginning Is very peaceful sounding, I like the synth sound there as well. Please only take this as constructive, and a personal opinion. I think the snare sounding drum in the song is too frequent.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000
    Great track. Glad you are productive because you have a growing list of fans.

• Here is the edited version with the vocals turned up (not sure if enough as going stir crazy listening to it). Thanks for all your comments & advice so far. :) Only One (Happy) Man!

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 Very nice, it took me a few listens to get into it (that's no bad thing), quite subtle and understated but some very nice synth melodies and interesting rhythms going on there.

• @Bluepunk that's better but actually I think the vocals can come up a smidge more :)

• edited October 2015

My entry for the month.

Lyrics here: http://www.itchy-animation.co.uk/lyrics/feel-the-breeze.txt

I need to go and update the first page now.

• @richardyot said:
    Bluepunk that's better but actually I think the vocals can come up a smidge more :)

Thanks, I was kinda thinking the same but thought I'd publish on here first & wait to see what everyone thought. I've put those headphones (thanks again for the links) on my Christmas list...........along with a mic, new iPad, iTunes vouchers etc, etc! God, I feel like a kid again.......

• @richardyot. I love it. Immediately I thought, Beach Boys. Not a dead ringer, but it just reminded me of them. But, then it's got some 80's soft rock coming out of it as well. I'm listening on crappy computer speaker ATM, so I can't comment on the mix at all.

All the guitar parts sound great. The effects on them remind me of the 60's Surf sound, with a bit of the 80's Chorus vibe as well. The lead guitar at the end sound wonderful. Simple riff, but adds a lot of depth to the song.

• @richardyot I love it also. It evokes memories of New Order & not just because your vocal tone (to me) is similar to Bernard Sumner. What is the bassy sound that comes in at 1.00? It's like walking bear foot on a new deep pile carpet. Comforting. The break at 4.13 is perfect to then lead into a fabulously haunting & well played & sounding solo.

I see where you're coming from re the level of vocals in the mix. . I definitely don't need to read yours as I can hear them perfectly. More importantly, I can FEEL them. Not sure if the lyrics are about you or someone else but whoever it is, it makes me want to give them a huge big BluePunk cwtch.

"You've nothing left & you're going nowhere." Well, in regards to your songwriting & production skills I'd say delete "nothing & nowhere" & insert "everything & everywhere" Instead.

To borrow Craig Revel Horwoods saying..............."It's gorgeous." :)

• @High5denied and @Bluepunk Thanks for listening.

I had to look up the word cwtch, Urban Dictionary is proving quite useful for conversing with my fellow brits these days :) But the song isn't about me - I'm one of those annoyingly happy people (my wife finds it positively irritating) but I like sad music. I tried to picture myself in this guy's shoes, imagine what he was experiencing.

The bass is made up from 3 different pad sounds in iSEM (different pads in different sections of the song). Still trying to marry guitar and synths, but using these big pad basses seems a promising approach.