Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Need help: Connect Filezilla FTP to iPad3 (for Meteor)

First - I'm a super noob at iPad music... Got a copy of Meteor, and wanted to try the FTP connection to my PC. The instructions are pretty simple - but all I get is the dreaded "econnrefused" error message and of course no connection. I've scoured the net and am not coming up with anything useful. Have tried SFTP and other combinations and the iPad ways refuses.

Just wondering if anybody here has had luck doing getting FTP from PC to iPad.

Ipad iOS 9.02 - Just got Meteor so it should be the latest.

Comments

• Mac to iPad with FileZilla works fine for me. What IP etc. does Meteor tell you to use?

• The private IP of the ipad - 192.168.0.3:2000. It appears to reach the iPad, but the iPad doesn't want to allow it (or so it seems). Is there a setting on the iPad for allowing such connections?

• Typically the app will have a way to enable/activate FTP or shut it off. It's usually a function of the app. Is everything on the same network? How are you entering the info in Filezilla?

• Further investigations reveals that to use FileZilla on a PC to connect to an iPad - the iPad has to be 'Jailbroken'!! Perhaps the authors of Meteor are Mac-folks and didn't realize it doesn't 'just connect' on a PC...

• Seems strange to me. FTP should be FTP no matter the platform.

• Yes - one would think so! For whatever reason - every effort I've tried to get Filezilla to connect to my iPad has always produced the same results: "Connection Refused"! This seems to say that Filezilla is doing it's thing, but the iPad won't allow the connection. I've searched a lot and the You Tube 'how-to's all seem to be using a jail-broken ipad. This isn't the first time I've ever used FTP - but the most problematic! :-)

I've seen whinings about Apple's lame implementation of FTP on the iPad and did purchase FTP PRO (for $4) (very nicely done app) and can connect FROM the iPad to my FTP account - and move files back and forth - but this is almost the same as DropBox (in terms of workflow) except it is sorta 'free' and has no size limit.

I'm hoping some other Windows user of Meteor will chime in on this - would love to hear what success they have had.

• You might want to try other apps that use ftp. It might be Meteor's implementation that's causing the problem.

• Yes - I did get FTP PRO and it is EXCELLENT! I sorta provides a "Drop Box' alternative if you have your own ftp site which I do. I suppose it may be able to access the PC but haven't worked that out yet.

• edited October 2015

I just test connected to Meteor on iPad Air 9.02 non-JB using Ipswitch WS_FTP from Windows 10. Works. Despite the instructions in Meteor, I had to supply a username of "guest" and password of "guest". You may also want to try toggling PASV off or on for your connection. If you use Windows command-line FTP you may get some useful feedback from Meteor.

• Ah! Thanks for yet another idea - that does make sense. Will give it a go and let you know if it works here.

• Bummer - 'guest'/'guest' made no diff - same error:
    Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".

• What are your settings in FileZilla?

• I've given up on Meteor and got Auria... WAAY overkill, but seems a bit more 'current'...