Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB reports "warning: low latency" on iphone6s

Hi there guys, I never had much of a problem to use audiobus but since I upgraded my phone I doesn't work at all.
After I start audiobus(even after few restarts)
I got 118 samples shown in upper left corner together with warning sign.
When I tap that cog settings icon it says it is driven by another app which is controlling buffer size and that it is too low.
Now there is no other app opened so I'm stuck:(
I'm on iOS9 and iPhone 6s
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Poll not found

Comments

• Just updated to iOS 9.0.2 and my issue is still present:(

• Maybe Apple changed the audio hardware/chip inside the 6S?
      Apparently apps like Skype has issues with the new models, distorted sound etc.

Who knows maybe the new hardware has higher native sample-rate and bit-depth than previous models!?!

• That would make sense.I noticed some distortion or no audio at all with some synths
      And Magellan is probably making your guess spot on with its erro message
      I think it reports some error which sounds like what you described about sample rate etc.
      Anyway my best bet is to wait and use just app which are ok but Apple could mention about audio hardware changes :( shouldn't sell my iPhone 5 just yet

Thanks for interest anyway

• edited October 2015

Yes, the 6S has particularly different behavior than all other iOS devices so far when using the built-in speaker. It forces the sample rate to 48k which is wreaking havoc with some apps, including audiobus. They are aware of the issue and a new version is on its way.

Keeping headphones plugged in will likely avoid issues with the affected apps in the meantime.

• I can only speculate but I somehow feel the 6S/6S+ native 48Khz sample rate is related to HD/4K video as it would save some CPU cycles since CoreAudio doesn't need to re-sample the audio-streams to match the hardware...

Who knows, maybe the 6S/6S+ has 24-bit native AD/DA as well :)

• I try out that trick with headphones in and it is working for Magellan. Going to try rest. Maybe audiobus will work that way.
      Will post results

• Yep it is working. So iPhone 6s users audiobus and other audio apps works fine when used with headphones/external speakers/mixers etc
      Much appreciate your reply guys it was very useful and I can actually get on making some stuff.
      Cheers cray23

• This has been driving me mad as well. It also affects Audioshare recording from the built-in phone microphone. Recordings are choppy. If you plug-in headphones, the record is fine. Any idea how to fix ruined recordings? gap silence removal? transcoding? empty trash?

• Any chance to change the title of this thread to make it a clearer warning? I've been struggling with this as well and I'm sure other 6s owners (or potential owners) would love to get this message ASAP!

In my case I noticed that error message for miniSynth 2 (which now reads as an obvious I/O sample rate issue) and also that Xynthesizr sounded distorted.

All other apps I tried sounded fine on their own (Loopy, ThumbJam, Elastic Drums, NanoStudio, GlitchBreaks, Addictive microSynth, Jasuto, triqtraq, Figure, Multitrack DAW, AudioShare [playback, I didn't try recording] and maybe something else I don't remember), but I was completely unable to use AudioBus unless I had a working app in the output slot. Anything loaded into an input or effect slot that didn't also have an app in the output slot would just throw the "Error" message: "XXX is reporting an error condition. Try closing and restarting your apps, or rebooting your iPhone" It sounded like the "IAA Error bug" but the usual troubleshooting steps didn't work. I even deleted AudioBus, rebooted and re-downloaded and the issue was still present so it seemed like a fundamental issue, but I hadn't heard anything about it.

Plugging in headphones solved the issue. But, obviously, I would like to be able to use the speakers sometimes as well so a fix will be appreciated.