Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad for iOS team now on Audiob.us forum

Hi All,

As big fans of this forum, and the many people on it who use our Launchpad for iOS app (and all the other cool iOS apps) we'd like to say a big Hello. We've decided to offically join this forum in order to occasionally jump in when needed, and be as helpful as we can. We'll endeavour to check in every now and then, but keep in mind we're also the developers, so we might not be as super responsive as we could be.

We'll do our best.

Thanks, the Launchpad for iOS app team.

Comments

• Hi and welcome always nice to see devs taking an interest in users.

Thanks for a cool app by the way :)

• @Launchpadforios
    Welcome, thanks for the cool app!

• Welcome to the forum...always glad to see the devs here.

• Welcome @Launchpadforios. Do you take enhancement requests? If so, a good thing to add to Launchpad would be able to import .wav, .aif, and .caf files directly from one's iCloud Drive using Apple's Document picker; and assign it to a pad. Apple's .caf format (Apple Loops) are time sliced and ready for loop playback at various tempos.

• Big Launchpad fan here. Love how it handles time stretching and odd time sigs. The effects are great too IMO.

Having multiple audio outs would make this already great app so much better. A separate out per column would be ideal. Short of that adding 3-4 busses would be a huge improvement

• Welcome! I've got a question. Can Novation's new Circuit groovebox control the Launchpad iOS app?

• edited October 2015

@bsantoro said:
    Welcome Launchpadforios. Do you take enhancement requests? If so, a good thing to add to Launchpad would be able to import .wav, .aif, and .caf files directly from one's iCloud Drive using Apple's Document picker; and assign it to a pad. Apple's .caf format (Apple Loops) are time sliced and ready for loop playback at various tempos.

Welcome! That would be great. Also Audiobus Output slot please! (I know that's probably no easy feat.)

• Oh, this is nice! :) Does this mean we can see some more updates in the future then?

• Howdy and welcome.

Have fun here and here's hoping a bright future for Launchpad. Multi Audio Outs pretty please!

• @bsantoro said:
    Do you take enhancement requests? If so, a good thing to add to Launchpad iCloud Drive [...&] Apple's .caf format (Apple Loops).

Thanks @bsantoro. We'll be using the phrase "we'll see what we can do for you" a lot here I think. Importing audio is important to us, so we'll add this one to our epic backlog of fun new features.

• @ecamburn said:
    Having multiple audio outs would make this already great app so much better. A separate out per column would be ideal. Short of that adding 3-4 busses would be a huge improvement

Thanks for the feedback. A few users have asked for this.

• @mkell424 said:
    Can Novation's new Circuit groovebox control the Launchpad iOS app?

Not as such, but Circuit's MIDI implementation is seriously good. The Guys at NovationHQ spent AGES making sure the MIDI syncing implementation was top notch. Also, much of it is controllable by External MIDI messages, and it also sends sensible MIDI stuff too. We've been having a lot of fun with it, and would also love to jam with Circuit and the LaunchpadforiOS app.

• edited October 2015

Hi and welcome!

Feature request: MIDI clock sync receive/send and more scenes/slots.

• @tyaxtl said:
    Feature request: MIDI clock sync receive/send and more scenes/slots.

Out of interest, is the MIDI clock request mainly for inter-app MIDI-clock sync, or sync to external hardware? or maybe even to sync to a Laptop DAW?

• Hi! Let's go straight to it :p
    MIDI clock sync receive/send, MIDI learn and being able to play loops in the original time they were made. This is the 3 things I really need to stop using anything else live, except for synths.

• @sp3k said:
    Hi! Let's go straight to it :p
    MIDI clock sync receive/send, MIDI learn and being able to play loops in the original time they were made. This is the 3 things I really need to stop using anything else live, except for synths.

Nice! In terms of the 'original time they were made', do you mean real-time time-stretching / changing of tempo? so that you don't have to exit the session, change tempo, then re-open the session?

• Wow welcome @Launchpadforios Its great to have you here and on the weekend no less is really cool! Thanks!

• edited October 2015

@Launchpadforios, I have been in constant contact with you via Facebook and twitter and I am going to second @sp3k request.

I have been asking for a long time now for full midi learn,lot of users have other controllers other than the launchpad series. I am willing to pay extra for this option.

Midi send and receive clock from other Apps.

Better import options of loops,from Dropbox and AudioShare.I know that at present you could import from dropbox but thats by tempo, get rid of that and give us option just to import a folder or what ever you want.

A master output channel where you could add IAA FX to for live purposes, The app has powerful FX, but give us IAA as an option to master and tracks.

• edited October 2015

@Launchpadforios said:
    Out of interest, is the MIDI clock request mainly for inter-app MIDI-clock sync, or sync to external hardware? or maybe even to sync to a Laptop DAW?

All of it i think :) But for me inter-app sync + external would do.

• Welcome to the forum. Great to have you here. We're lucky to have a lot of developers here.

We tend to get right to asking for stuff, you may have noticed. It'll fade, don't worry. :)

While there's almost always at least one person who yells 'but you said ______ in 2013!!!' I think you'll find this community very open to developer feedback and honesty — "We're not going to do that" and "Cool but probably not for most of our users which is where we need to focus our time" and "We couldn't figure it out and had to move on" sorts of replies are generally welcome and generally taken as a net positive.

We had a poll a while back and the median forum age leans strongly over 40. My theory: our parents could still get away with hitting us when we were kids so we tend to behave.

• @syrupcore said:

Lmao so good! I'm 29 and I must have been the last generation to get a good smack or two every now and then. Most it the time I deserved it ;)

• @syrupcore said:
    Welcome to the forum. Great to have you here. We're lucky to have a lot of developers here.

Thanks @syrupcore. We'll keep all of that in mind. We've been overseeing the forum for a while, and it does seem a genuinely friendly and productive community (with a lot of great thinking too).

• I just made a demo for the Robo Funk pack but people are telling it's now gone and I couldn't find it yesterday in the app, just lucky I had it installed, is it coming back and why was it taken away?

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I just made a demo for the Robo Funk pack but people are telling it's now gone and I couldn't find it yesterday in the app, just lucky I had it installed, is it coming back and why was it taken away?

We occasionally refresh the soundpack store, making space for new soundpacks. As a result we do remove some older soundpacks. In the spirit of honesty though, there is also a technical limitation which encourages us to do this (we're hoping to resolve this very soon). In future, we hope to keep many more soundpacks in the store without having to remove packs.

• @syrupcore said:

We had a poll a while back and the median forum age leans strongly over 40. My theory: our parents could still get away with hitting us when we were kids so we tend to behave.

Ha. Very good point.

Hi @Launchpadforios, any chance of a modular sampler with the next update ?!!.. Only kidding. Welcome.

• Welcome, Follow Actions.

• edited October 2015

@Launchpadforios said:
    In the spirit of honesty though, there is also a technical limitation which encourages us to do this (we're hoping to resolve this very soon). In future, we hope to keep many more soundpacks in the store without having to remove packs.

nailed it. :)

@kobamoto said:
    Welcome, Follow Actions.

lollerskates/gahdblessya

Since I nominated myself chair of the get-to-know-us committee... Meet Kobamoto! A friendly and hopeful fella who really only wants two things from any app that could be somehow associated with the words 'beat' and 'making': a) it should make the most of what most of the sampler using world collectively considers 'common knowledge/best practices' of what makes a sampler a good sampler after 20 years of samplers and 2) it should support follow actions. We disagree sometimes but he's rarely off point on these two recurring issues, in my opinion—particularly the first.

• @Noirflux said:
    Most it the time I deserved it ;)

^ It's the difference. I got a good smack very occasionally but a) it hurt like hell and b) there is absolutely zero question in my adult looking-for-reasons-to-blame-my-parents-for-everything-mind that I deserved each and every one of those smacks. I can also tell you that I didn't do any of the shit for which I was smacked again either.

That said, yay modern times. I'm a dad of an seven year old and can not even imagine laying a hand on her.